Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What are you hoping to hear out of fall camp for your team?

I’m hoping to hear that the Lobos have found, and are going to stick with, ONE quarterback this year. 

We need to find a consistance leader at that position, and quit jacking around with a 2-3 QB rotation! Injury or just flat out not getting it done, would be the only reason to swap a QB out. I hope we finally have a guy that’ll be that one QB that has all the tools needed to run our offense.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I’m hoping to hear that 1 of the 3 QBs that have the highest chance of starting (Cordeiro, McDonald, and Moussa) has asserted themselves as the entrenched #1 QB and look fully comfortable with the RnS at a college level.

Along with our Defense under our new DC looks and is playing like how FAU’s one did last year (since that is where he was co-DC) as that Defense was a heck of a lot better than the past few years of our Defense.

Finally, hope to see our OL has gelled and are playing at a level that can reliably defend our QB from being hit.

Our WRs and Slotbacks looking pretty good from reports so far and we return Ursua. So not as worried about them.

That the offensive line has made considerable progress, which so far hasn't happened and that TVW is making good decisions and limiting turnovers.  

Getting greedy I would like an RB to emerge and for the WRs to get separation from defenders.  Lastly, that the defense looks to be as nasty as expected.  

The Oline is my biggest concern though

1. Hoping DL can get up to speed quickly...word is Jasad Haynes basically matched Netane Muti in the weight room in the offseason (no small feat), so as long as that actually translates to the field we're set at DT, but DE is still a bit of an unknown. 

2. whoever wins the kicking job needs to be good at it

3.  Also for the love of god let michiah quick avoid injury...dude got hurt in fall camp and then again in spring.  It's less of a concern now that hardaway got his medical waiver but you can never have too many WRs.

There's other stuff i /want/ to hear, but that's stuff i can predict with a good deal of confidence anyways.

11 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I’m hoping to hear that the Lobos have found, and are going to stick with, ONE quarterback this year. 

We need to find a consistance leader at that position, and quit jacking around with a 2-3 QB rotation! Injury or just flat out not getting it done, would be the only reason to swap a QB out. I hope we finally have a guy that’ll be that one QB that has all the tools needed to run our offense.

davie needs to shit or get off the pot. Either commit to the triple option 100% and use the personnel that fits it best or run something more conventional and tailor his personnel to that. 

35 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

1. Hoping DL can get up to speed quickly...word is Jasad Haynes basically matched Netane Muti in the weight room in the offseason (no small feat), so as long as that actually translates to the field we're set at DT, but DE is still a bit of an unknown. 

2. whoever wins the kicking job needs to be good at it

3.  Also for the love of god let michiah quick avoid injury...dude got hurt in fall camp and then again in spring.  It's less of a concern now that hardaway got his medical waiver but you can never have too many WRs.

There's other stuff i /want/ to hear, but that's stuff i can predict with a good deal of confidence anyways.

We had super high hopes for a DT several years back.  Duece Matalalalalsomething.  He was the strongest member of the team by a good deal and this scary athletic monster.  We were all salivating about him.  I think he finished with like 1 sack and like 11 tackles on his career.  Muti is a monster of a player.  Somebody matching him in the weight room does not necessarily mean they will be a monster as well however it is encouraging for sure.

Who are the contenders for DE?

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We had super high hopes for a DT several years back.  Duece Matalalalalsomething.  He was the strongest member of the team by a good deal and this scary athletic monster.  We were all salivating about him.  I think he finished with like 1 sack and like 11 tackles on his career.  Muti is a monster of a player.  Somebody matching him in the weight room does not necessarily mean they will be a monster as well however it is encouraging for sure.

Who are the contenders for DE?

Senior Emeka Ndoh (6-0, 248), Junior Kwami Jones (6-2, 250), Soph Damien DeGruy (6-3, 246), Fr Isaiah Johnson (listed at 6-3 217 but word is he's bulked up significantly in the offseason).     Ndoh and Jones will go into camp as the 1s but i think Johnson will snag a spot, he was pretty impressive in spring and the only thing holding him back was playbook knowledge.   I really like Alexandre Dumais - fast, good frame-  but i don't think he'll impact this year, he's pretty raw.   Maybe Cain puts Leonard Payne at DE, in which case add him to the first group...but they probably keep him inside.

Haynes was a decent rotational player last year so i'm pretty optimistic about that translating. 

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

That the offensive line has made considerable progress, which so far hasn't happened and that TVW is making good decisions and limiting turnovers.  

Getting greedy I would like an RB to emerge and for the WRs to get separation from defenders.  Lastly, that the defense looks to be as nasty as expected.  

The Oline is my biggest concern though

Agreed, an improved O-line would be the area that would pay the most dividends.

9 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

That RB Devonte Lee’s highlight video was not a fluke, becoming a folk hero to make the legends of Josh Allen and Bapri Kibbs seem like distant memories. 

Who's Kibbles and Bits?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Aside from no injuries of course.

I am really hoping to hear that the WR's have continued their progress made during the spring and that Rypien is confident.  Hoping one of the new WR's can contribute right away.

That Wyoming's offense is better than Wyoming's defense :) 

The World Needs More Cowboys!