Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Yo Jalapeño, you got some 'splainin' to do...

5 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Come on butthead, just busting you sheepies chops a bit.  Except for the Jalepeno thing.  Guy is a first class asshat.

Yeah, I know.  Just bustin' back.  :D

6 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I'm sorry but this is a load of crap.  Colorado School of Mines is the top school in Colorado for what it is.  'The number of degrees' a college offers should never be a criteria as to whether it is a good college.

I'll disagree with that.  In the full measure of a university, the breadth of degree opportunities it offers does matter in the final evaluation.  For strictly hard science academics, you're right and it's not even close.

15 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I'm sorry but this is a load of crap.  Colorado School of Mines is the top school in Colorado for what it is.  'The number of degrees' a college offers should never be a criteria as to whether it is a good college.

Fum McGraw would disagree.

"I'll sing you a song of college days and tell you where to go.

Aggies where your knowledge is and Boulder to spend your dough.

CC for you sissy boys, Utah for your times.

DU for your ministers and drunkards School of Mines.

Dont send my boy to Wyoming U a dying mother said.

Dont sent him to ol Brigham Young, I'd rather see him dead.

Just send him to our Aggies, ''tis better than Cornell.

Before I'd see him Boulder, Id see my son in Hell."

-Fum McGraw, Fum's Song

Seems like Schools.com focused on the cost of attending school and it's a no brainier that CSU beats CU in this case.  CU's costs went up after joining the Pac-12 because from what I understand, the Pac-12 does actually require its members to charge a premium while I don't recall the Big 12 ever having such a requirement.

It's okay...you can take solace that CSU actually beat CU at something other than the football field this month.

17 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Fum McGraw would disagree.

"I'll sing you a song of college days and tell you where to go.

Aggies where your knowledge is and Boulder to spend your dough.

CC for you sissy boys, Utah for your times.

DU for your ministers and drunkards School of Mines.

Dont send my boy to Wyoming U a dying mother said.

Dont sent him to ol Brigham Young, I'd rather see him dead.

Just send him to our Aggies, ''tis better than Cornell.

Before I'd see him Boulder, Id see my son in Hell."

-Fum McGraw, Fum's Song

As attendance at 'Coors Lab' is always high, I don't think Mines would disagree too much with Fum.  

17 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I'll disagree with that.  In the full measure of a university, the breadth of degree opportunities it offers does matter in the final evaluation.  For strictly hard science academics, you're right and it's not even close.

I guess I care more about the reason for going to college in my opinion...it's called the ability to get a good job.  I'm yet to meet a Mines grad working at Starbucks but I have met plenty of folks with an extensive background in 18th century English literature.

3 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I guess I care more about the reason for going to college in my opinion...it's called the ability to get a good job.  I'm yet to meet a Mines grad working at Starbucks but I have met plenty of folks with an extensive background in 18th century English literature.

I can't argue that at all.  Doesn't Mines lead the country in graduate salary?  I just don't think there's anything wrong with rating a university with it's diversity of degree offerings (undergrad and grad) as one of the criteria.  Every rating system is different.  I think this one is pretty spot on putting CSU at #1 based on the broader criteria it uses.

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Seems like Schools.com focused on the cost of attending school and it's a no brainier that CSU beats CU in this case.  CU's costs went up after joining the Pac-12 because from what I understand, the Pac-12 does actually require its members to charge a premium while I don't recall the Big 12 ever having such a requirement.

It's okay...you can take solace that CSU actually beat CU at something other than the football field this month.

If cost is the factor, like I said, DU and CCCS are the two best.

https://www.collegetuitioncompare.com/compare/tables/?state=CO

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

I can't argue that at all.  Doesn't Mines lead the country in graduate salary?  I just don't think there's anything wrong with rating a university with it's diversity of degree offerings (undergrad and grad) as one of the criteria.  Every rating system is different.  I think this one is pretty spot on putting CSU at #1 based on the broader criteria it uses.

I believe that might be true (or was true at some recent point) based upon a mailer I received saying that.  In the energy world, just  being able to say you have a Mines degree goes a long ways and it can be a bit of an uphill battle for the non-Mines graduate when competing for the same job.  I'm not saying that it is fair or not because there are fine graduates from all colleges and universities.

3 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Side note: I spotted my first CSU car decal in the wild on the way to work today. Felt like the double rainbow guy.

Interesting ... I'm starting to see more of them as well.

columbia_southern_u_2.png

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

21 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Agreed! The best college in New Mexico is New Mexico Tech... by far.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."