Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC Pre-season TV talk (soon to be unpinned)

48 minutes ago, aztech said:

What does this say about Utah State?

It's a heck of a lot better than not being able to see your team play at all. 

Just now, aztech said:

Sorry to hear that.

I'm not a Utah State fan, so no need to be sorry. But as a fan, if my only two options were 1) not being able to watch it or 2) watch it on FB, then I'd pick 2. 

I actually enjoyed watching games on Facebook last year. Yeah I know the production quality wasn't as high as cable channels and it seems small time to stream games on facebook instead of TV but I had fun watching it. No commercials so the commentators rambled about dumb shit and I could watch people comment in real time.

I had friends over to the house and we had beers and streamed a game to the big screen and spent as much time laughing at comment and the commentators as we did watching the game.

I'm not upset that Wyoming isn't on Facebook but there are definitely things to enjoy about the facebook games.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

I feel bad for USU with this news.  Their entire home season is not televised except for one game against AFA.

Yep.  Like tspoke said, the games aren't bad on facebook but who's really watching.  There's no real marketing to get folks to tune in.

@mugtang will you be streaming them on the site again?  That worked really well last year.

Just now, Headbutt said:

Yep.  Like tspoke said, the games aren't bad on facebook but who's really watching.  There's no real marketing to get folks to tune in.

@mugtang will you be streaming them on the site again?  That worked really well last year.

I’m hoping to.  No promises as with the last upgrade I had to remove the code.  I’ll keep you posted 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

How does the Facebook deal work?  Is it stuff that CBS SN sold to them?   Or is it a separate deal between the MW and Facebook?

If so, how much does the MW receive from FB for each game?

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

37 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

How does the Facebook deal work?  Is it stuff that CBS SN sold to them?   Or is it a separate deal between the MW and Facebook?

That's what I was wondering.  Is this money additional from the conference TV deal from CBS Sports?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 hours ago, Boise fan said:

It is via Stadium.  They produce the game and show it on their facebook page.

Last year CT stated they recieved a little money for it.  Around 15k I think.

46 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

It is via Stadium.  They produce the game and show it on their facebook page.

Last year CT stated they recieved a little money for it.  Around 15k I think.

Thx for the info!

Is that per game?  How many games did they produce last year? 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

8 hours ago, tspoke said:

I actually enjoyed watching games on Facebook last year. Yeah I know the production quality wasn't as high as cable channels and it seems small time to stream games on facebook instead of TV but I had fun watching it. No commercials so the commentators rambled about dumb shit and I could watch people comment in real time.

I had friends over to the house and we had beers and streamed a game to the big screen and spent as much time laughing at comment and the commentators as we did watching the game.

I'm not upset that Wyoming isn't on Facebook but there are definitely things to enjoy about the facebook games.

I actually agree with you. Facebook games are perfect for a large crowd to watch roadies. Lack of commercials and the flow of comments was genuinely interesting. That being said I would be concerned by this if I were a Utah State fan. Not sure they want to be  to Facebook what SDSU is to CBSSN.

11 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Thx for the info!

Is that per game?  How many games did they produce last year? 

Not sure if that was per game or total.  I'd say total most likely.

6 games last year was produced via Facebook/Stadium. 

As a USU fan this is a concern, however as I understand it only the Tenn. Tech and NMS game are exclusive to facebook. One advantage is the start times for this season are awesome no late nite non saturday games in November. Without T.V. commercials the game times are shorter less downtime. The Wyoming at USU game last season had a lot of viewers 4.6 million followed the game. I'm trying to find a positive here.

21 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

As a USU fan this is a concern, however as I understand it only the Tenn. Tech and NMS game are exclusive to facebook. One advantage is the start times for this season are awesome no late nite non saturday games in November. Without T.V. commercials the game times are shorter less downtime. The Wyoming at USU game last season had a lot of viewers 4.6 million followed the game. I'm trying to find a positive here.

I don't think there is less downtime. Still have radio ad breaks. Being able to watch somewhere is better than not being able to watch at all. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."