Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WilliamHicks

Urban Myer might be bye bye

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Has there ever been a violence against women or sexual assault allegation posted on this board where you haven't acted as a violence/assault apologist? 

There is a war against strait white men happy.  A WAR!

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Just curious. Did the abused wife ever call the police,or did any of the other wives she confided in report the coach to police? 

I think people talked her out of going to the cops according to her 

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

And now this comes out.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

In 2018 PC America, this dude has become unemployable at the collegiate level.  Looks like he's about to be a Raider.

Not sure what is PC about not finding this acceptable.  From the article this is pretty damning stuff.

According to the players, there was a culture under Coach Meyer where injured players would be mocked, and the severity of their injuries would be kept from them.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not sure what is PC about not finding this acceptable.  From the article this is pretty damning stuff.

According to the players, there was a culture under Coach Meyer where injured players would be mocked, and the severity of their injuries would be kept from them.

What's PC about it?  Nothing.  However, you and I both know that not very long ago a promise to behave would have gotten him a second chance at another school.  Now, that ain't happening.  Can you imagine being the AD trying to convince a prez and regents that it will be OK?  This guy is as toxic as it gets right now.

Just now, Headbutt said:

What's PC about it?  Nothing.  However, you and I both know that not very long ago a promise to behave would have gotten him a second chance at another school.  Now, that ain't happening.  Can you imagine being the AD trying to convince a prez and regents that it will be OK?  This guy is as toxic as it gets right now.

I do not consider myself to be super PC, aside from not dropping the N word or using gay slurs.  I would not wan't him associated in anyway with my school.  I found that article very disturbing.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I do not consider myself to be super PC, aside from not dropping the N word or using gay slurs.  I would not wan't him associated in anyway with my school.  I found that article very disturbing.

Lets get this PC thing straight.  I'm talking appearances.  Most would not want this guy associated with their school, but there are folks out there with the pressure to win that would overlook things in order to make that happen.  They would have been trusted to make the right choice not long ago.  Now the political climate is such that they would cost their school millions if they took that chance.  That's the political side of it.

9 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I agree that his employment by Ohio State is on its last legs. However, I have to respectfully disagree with you on a buyout. People with the kind of money Meyer has have the financial wherewithal to hire top-notch lawyers who even when they know they client has violated his contract are adept at coming up with theories which create a "nuisance value" which motivates the other party not to have to defend a breach-of-contract lawsuit. So I'm pretty sure Ohio State will perform a cost-benefit analysis and decide that it's better to write the guy a check for a couple million to go away as opposed to spending half that much on litigation while also risking the airing of dirty laundry in public.

BTW, AD Gene Smith has already been in hot water before because of Jim Tressel. If Meyer is found to have tried to cover up his assistant's wrongdoing and I was Ohio State's board of trustees, I would be concerned about the NCAA perhaps conducting an investigation for lack of institutional control and that's the last thing anybody wants. So my guess is Gene Smith's head could also be on the chopping block.

So OSU will cut him a check even though he breached the contract? To save face? The dirty laundry is already being aired in public. Paying him off would look even 'dirtier', no?

Pitino was fired 'for cause' and to my knowledge he hasn't been paid a buyout on the $44 million due him on his contract. 

And I agree on Smith. He's in scalding water.

8 hours ago, happycamper said:

Has there ever been a violence against women or sexual assault allegation posted on this board where you haven't acted as a violence/assault apologist? 

Gargle balls you POS.

I have this weird thing for due process and presumption of innocence. I'm also strangly repulsed by tyrannical notions such  women never lie and all accusations of abuse must be believed.

Also, quite freakishly, I don't believe that justice is in any way served by punishing someone that didn't commit a crime based on the "he should have known" or "he should have acted" theory of transitive guilt.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

23 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

WTF does his salary have to do with any of this?

The more you make...the more you are accountable for.

$$$ = responsibility

23 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Do you even know what "fact" means?

I just read pretty much everything on the reporters FB page and found very few facts. 

Care to share your new facts w/the group???

9 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Gargle balls you POS.

I have this weird thing for due process and presumption of innocence. I'm also strangly repulsed by tyrannical notions such  women never lie and all accusations of abuse must be believed.

Also, quite freakishly, I don't believe that justice is in any way served by punishing someone that didn't commit a crime based on the "he should have known" or "he should have acted" theory of transitive guilt.

So instead of strangely tyrannical notions like "women never lie" (something that, uh, doesn't make sense when the last thread was about abusing males) you take up the typically tyrannical notion that women always lie/ authority figures never abuse their power?

How am I a POS for pointing out your reaction in every single thread that brings up abuse?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I think both Urban and his wife should have reported this to their superiors. They both work for the university and both should be fired if they didn't report. Why keep someone on your staff after the 2009 incident? It's just stupid.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.