Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WilliamHicks

Urban Myer might be bye bye

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

Nothing against the law, wrong or unethical about lying to the press.

Happens daily.

You don't have to do something illegal to get fired as a head coach.  You can get fired for being a jackass and knowingly hiring assistants who abused their wives for example.

20 minutes ago, alum93 said:

You don't have to do something illegal to get fired as a head coach.  You can get fired for being a jackass and knowingly hiring assistants who abused their wives for example.

Fire a coach for that, at a public institution, and you're on the hook for quite a buyout.

Based on Urban's comments, I am thinking he wants to collect a big check to take some time off coaching again.  Win-win for him.

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Fire a coach for that, at a public institution, and you're on the hook for quite a buyout.

Based on Urban's comments, I am thinking he wants to collect a big check to take some time off coaching again.  Win-win for him.

I don't care about Ohio State one way or another.  It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.  It doesn't sound good at all from the articles i have read so far.

4 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

He will be fired for cause and receive no buyout.  He broke his contract terms by not reporting the incidents and per his contract that is an offense that can cause termination with no buyout.

Just now, alum93 said:

I don't care about Ohio State one way or another.  It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.  It doesn't sound good at all from the articles i have read so far.

I don't care either.  But it appears that there is a lot hate for Urban Meyer with folks hoping that he be let go.  The best thing that could happen to him personally would be for Ohio State to cut ties with him as he would be in demand for any job he wants (TV, NFL, etc..) and he would still collect  a big check for work that he did not perform.

43 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Of course everyone wants the greatest university to fire the greatest head coach.

Not gonna happen. 

THE!

All of a sudden everybody becomes a f@(kin lawyer in situations like these wanting “proof beyond a reasonable doubt” before they make up their minds when they don’t require that to form opinions on people in their everyday lives. 

41 minutes ago, Fowl said:

He will be fired for cause and receive no buyout.  He broke his contract terms by not reporting the incidents and per his contract that is an offense that can cause termination with no buyout.

This is the paid administrative leave part.  OSU's attorneys will figure out what they can and want to do.  Then they build a case to fire for cause.  Then they negotiate the buyout.  It won't be free,  but it will happen.  OSU won't take the media hit on letting Meyer continue IMO, whether he deserves it or not.  Precedent has been set by CU fining their coach instead of firing him.  It'll be interesting.

15 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

Have you been watching the news the last year? This wont just blow over. All the shet from Florida will come out now, the womens rights groups and "#METOO havent even gotten started on him yet. This is gonna get ugly in a hurry.  As it should. He and his wife both work for Ohio State and knew that one of their co coworkers was beating the shet out of his wife and that it had been happening for a while. 

Bye Bye Urban. it's 2018. 

Yes, things have changed a lot since 2018.

In the event others didn't hear, Smith is Earl Bruce's grandson and Bruce gave Meyer his first coaching position. It's been said that's the reason Meyer allowed Smith to walk on at Bowling Green and then serve on Meyer's staffs and it can be assumed Meyer cut Smith a lot more slack than he otherwise would have because of that association. Bruce passed away less than four months ago, or only about three months before Courtney Smith got a restraining order against her ex-husband. Ergo, Urb's timing has not been good.

Well, except for his supposedly having heart problems just when the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel published its first article in September 2010 about 30 Florida players having been arrested which was the reason given for his quitting that job.

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

We've gotten scary weird as a society. 

Congratulations. You've managed a concise explanation for how Donald J. Trump managed to get elected President.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

I agree that his employment by Ohio State is on its last legs. However, I have to respectfully disagree with you on a buyout. People with the kind of money Meyer has have the financial wherewithal to hire top-notch lawyers who even when they know they client has violated his contract are adept at coming up with theories which create a "nuisance value" which motivates the other party not to have to defend a breach-of-contract lawsuit. So I'm pretty sure Ohio State will perform a cost-benefit analysis and decide that it's better to write the guy a check for a couple million to go away as opposed to spending half that much on litigation while also risking the airing of dirty laundry in public.

BTW, AD Gene Smith has already been in hot water before because of Jim Tressel. If Meyer is found to have tried to cover up his assistant's wrongdoing and I was Ohio State's board of trustees, I would be concerned about the NCAA perhaps conducting an investigation for lack of institutional control and that's the last thing anybody wants. So my guess is Gene Smith's head could also be on the chopping block.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

It often seems that many folks hope for this kind of resolution; it hardly ever works out that way.

14 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

One thing I can state with absolute certainty is that nobody knows  the truth, Not me. Not you . Not Urban. This man and his ex are the only people who know.

Accusations aren't truth.

Punishing a third party for failure to act according to an infinitely malleable, situational and subjective timeline or set of ever shifting rules is complete crap. IMHO

Not that malleable. It was 3 years ago and he still denied knowing anything. +++++ this guy.

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I don't care either.  But it appears that there is a lot hate for Urban Meyer with folks hoping that he be let go.  The best thing that could happen to him personally would be for Ohio State to cut ties with him as he would be in demand for any job he wants (TV, NFL, etc..) and he would still collect  a big check for work that he did not perform.

He won't be in demand after this.

Any dead hookers?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

20 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

If they follow the Penn State model the University should be burned to the ground and Urban should be pilloried.

Difference is that in the ped state episode, the coach was informed of what was going on, discussed it with his nominal superiors and then they buried it....with damning email evidence that the coach was the one who made the decision not to contact legal authorities and the AD and university president bowed to his wishes.

In the Ohio State situation, Meyer's problem is precisely that he didn't report it to his superiors. Much less of an indictment of the university as a whole than at ped state. Also, we're talking about one assistant coach abusing his wife. At ped state, we're talking about a serial pedophile using the program as bait for decades and literally raping boys in the football facilities and the most powerful people in the university--bowing to the demands of a megalomaniacal coach to cover it up while letting the predator prey on young boys for another decade.

From what I've read so far, Meyer should likely lose his job, but this isn't a ped state situation by any stretch. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

14 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

One thing I can state with absolute certainty is that nobody knows  the truth, Not me. Not you . Not Urban. This man and his ex are the only people who know.

Accusations aren't truth.

Punishing a third party for failure to act according to an infinitely malleable, situational and subjective timeline or set of ever shifting rules is complete crap. IMHO

Has there ever been a violence against women or sexual assault allegation posted on this board where you haven't acted as a violence/assault apologist? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.