Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WilliamHicks

Urban Myer might be bye bye

Geez they are going to fire him for lying. The media is treating him like he was the abuser. The last I checked, he’s a football coach, not a law enforcement officer or marriage counselor. Now if he tried to cover the abuse up, that is a different story.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

23 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

“Shelly said she was going to have to tell Urban,” Courtney claimed according to McMurphy. “I said: ‘That’s fine, you should tell Urban.’ I know Shelley did everything she could.”

Nowhere in the lengthy posting — I urge you to read it in full HERE — does it show that Shelley Meyer actually followed through and told her husband about the domestic abuse, it should be noted.  That said, a text message exchange between Courtney Smith and the wife of one of Meyer’s long-time football staffers showed that the head coach had indeed talked to Zach Smith about the allegations of domestic abuse in October of 2015.

Lindsey [Voltolini] is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

At the very least, that text exchange, if accurately portrayed and relayed to McMurphy, showed Meyer was indeed aware of the 2015 incident and essentially lied when he told the media last month that he “was never told anything about [the 2015 incident], nothing ever came to light, never had a conversation about it, so I know nothing about it.”

he knew, and did nothing.

You're correct that there doesn't appear to be anything to confirm that Shelley Meyer actually did tell her husband what she knew. However, Shelley also works for Ohio State: https://nursing.osu.edu/faculty-and-staff/faculty-directory/meyer-shelley.html As such, she was equally responsible for reporting it to the university.

The Meyers can't possibly need any more money so Shelley would have no financial reason to want to cover up for "Urb." So assuming she told him about the abuse - and considering how long it went on, it would be amazing if she didn't - the only reason she would have for claiming she did not is to save his reputation. Considering that in so doing she would be not only lying but would be damaging her own reputation, if he asks her to do so there can be little doubt she will tell him to go jump in a lake.

Given that this is the same university whose football coach lied about illegal shit from some his players, it sure looks like Meyer's career as a HC could be toast.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You're correct that there doesn't appear to be anything to confirm that Shelley Meyer actually did tell her husband what she knew. However, Shelley also works for Ohio State: https://nursing.osu.edu/faculty-and-staff/faculty-directory/meyer-shelley.html As such, she was equally responsible for reporting it to the university.

The Meyers can't possibly need any more money so Shelley would have no financial reason to want to cover up for "Urb." So assuming she told him about the abuse, and considering how long it went on, it would be amazing if she didn't, the only reason she would have for claiming she did not is to save his reputation. Considering that in so doing she would be not only lying but damaging her own reputation, if he asks her to do so there can be little doubt she will tell him to go jump in a lake.

I meant to post that, and had it in an earlier post that I deleted. thanks for pointing that out, she also has an obligation.

Just now, Warbow said:

Geez they are going to fire him for lying. The media is treating him like he was the abuser. The last I checked, he’s a football coach, not a law enforcement officer or marriage counselor. Now if he tried to cover the abuse up, that is a different story.

Last I checked, Lying about it, not reporting it is the same as covering it up.

If you worked for me and my wife came to me and told me that you had been beating the shit out of your wife, I would be compelled to act on it for both personal and legal reasons. 

Meyer preaches "core values" has a big sign when you walk in the door "treat women with respect".  What an asshole. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

13 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

Last I checked, Lying about it, not reporting it is the same as covering it up.

If you worked for me and my wife came to me and told me that you had been beating the shit out of your wife, I would be compelled to act on it for both personal and legal reasons. 

Meyer preaches "core values" has a big sign when you walk in the door "treat women with respect".  What an asshole. 

If it came to me, I would differ it to a law enforcement agency. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

11 minutes ago, Warbow said:

If it came to me, I would differ it to a law enforcement agency. 

NCAA and (I believe) Title IX require the head coach to report it to his superior AND to law enforcement.  Boulder just went through this with their coach, although he did report it to his superior and claimed ignorance about going further than that.  I guarantee that after that fiasco every coach in the country was brought up to date on the correct protocol.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/12/cu-punishments-after-handling-joe-tumpkin-case/

4 hours ago, TyranosaurusFlex said:

I bet Urban is pissed at his wife right about now.

Yeah, maybe he has that Smith dude coming over for dinner to help teach his wife a lesson?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Man, poor Toledo...they're in so much trouble with the NCAA now.

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

4 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

McMurphy has a ton more details and pics on his Facebook page. 

Come on guys, it's not like there were a bunch of young boys being raped in the showers by a member of the coaching staff...this will pass and Urban will be coaching in the NFL next year and then make his way back to the NCAA game in a few more years.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Come on guys, it's not like there were a bunch of young boys being raped in the showers by a member of the coaching staff...this will pass and Urban will be coaching in the NFL next year and then make his way back to the NCAA game in a few more years.

9.6/10

If only you weren't so right on this one.

6 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

@mugtang, move this to the main board.

That said, will be extremely interesting to see how OSU handles this. Urban has been a huge cash cow, but he outright lied to reporters about this.  My guess is the university will self-impose scholarship restrictions or something and suspend urban for a handful of meaningless games during the 2019 season

Why would they impose scholarship restrictions?

16 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State.....................................

Yep.  I even heard that CSU is having second thoughts about the membership talks.

Just now, TyranosaurusFlex said:

I thought the BIG was a just a backup incase the SEC/Network deal didn't work out

So many moving parts it's hard to know for sure anymore.