Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WilliamHicks

Urban Myer might be bye bye

54 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It will be interesting if any concrete proof can be brought out to show without a doubt Urban knew.  I think he did know, but can you fire him without proof?  

He's got some pictures on his facebook link.  I don't know how he couldn't have known.   There's pictures of her bruises and swelling and bleeding.  there's texts between her and Meyer's wife.

26 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I think Urban is in deep trouble. Normally he would survive, but with sexual assault cases against tOSU  the school needs a sacrifical lamb

They fired the previous coach over some tatoos and lying about it.  I think he's gone.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

He's got some pictures on his facebook link.  I don't know how he couldn't have known.   There's pictures of her bruises and swelling and bleeding.  there's texts between her and Meyer's wife.

They fired the previous coach over some tatoos and lying about it.  I think he's gone.

Meyer was aware of domestic abuse problems with the same coach in 2009 at Florida.  I doubt Urban lasts the week.

The only way he's retained is if he did report it upward and then just lied to the press about knowing it.

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

I agree, but if Urban denies, denies, denies and they don't have proof can you fire him or fire him based on assumptions?  

The prosecution can't make its case through hearsay, which is inadmissible. However, one of the biggest misconceptions by members of the media is that valid facts can't be found through circumstantial evidence, which is basically logical factual conclusions drawn from known facts. One July 4th when we went to the local park to watch fireworks, my folks locked our dog in the den by herself. When we returned home a few hours later there was no evidence that anyone else had been in the house and the dog was still in the den and everything was still as it had been with one exception: most of the paint underneath the knob of the door leading from the den to the kitchen had been scratched off. Assuming our dog could speak English and she denied having pawed the paint off the door, anyone who would believe her rather than concluding she had gotten scared by the fireworks and tried to escape from the den shouldn't be allowed to sit on a jury.

Having said that, what "facts" does McMurphy supposedly have?

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, TyranosaurusFlex said:

I bet Urban is pissed at his wife right about now.

Probably!  But he still won't make her sleep on the couch.

down in a hole.jpg

4 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

@mugtang, move this to the main board.

That said, will be extremely interesting to see how OSU handles this. Urban has been a huge cash cow, but he outright lied to reporters about this.  My guess is the university will self-impose scholarship restrictions or something and suspend urban for a handful of meaningless games during the 2019 season

Is there some rule that says you can't lie to reporters?

3 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

It will be interesting if any concrete proof can be brought out to show without a doubt Urban knew.  I think he did know, but can you fire him without proof?  

Yea, where's the proof.... no way Mrs. Urban Meyer told her husband about this.... just no way his "soul mate" would spring this meaningless info on her HC husband. Ridiculous thoughts

So, this is a really bad time for your coach to be suspended, right before training camp begins.  Right in the middle of recruiting too. 

They are probably gonna fire him at the end of this investigation. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

“Shelly said she was going to have to tell Urban,” Courtney claimed according to McMurphy. “I said: ‘That’s fine, you should tell Urban.’ I know Shelley did everything she could.”

Nowhere in the lengthy posting — I urge you to read it in full HERE — does it show that Shelley Meyer actually followed through and told her husband about the domestic abuse, it should be noted.  That said, a text message exchange between Courtney Smith and the wife of one of Meyer’s long-time football staffers showed that the head coach had indeed talked to Zach Smith about the allegations of domestic abuse in October of 2015.

Lindsey [Voltolini] is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

At the very least, that text exchange, if accurately portrayed and relayed to McMurphy, showed Meyer was indeed aware of the 2015 incident and essentially lied when he told the media last month that he “was never told anything about [the 2015 incident], nothing ever came to light, never had a conversation about it, so I know nothing about it.”

he knew, and did nothing.