Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SleepingGiantFan

Manafort trial

21 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

His own illicit doings the FBI was aware of for almost a decade and didn't think it worth their while to pursue.  This is a politically motivated arm twisting which will result in the ruining of several peoples lives for no other reason than politics.

There is a good chance Manafort beats these charges despite Mueller giving immunity to all 5 of his co-conspirators.   When Manaforts lawyer calls an FBI agent to the stand and has him testify that they knew of these activities for years and didn't think them worth pursuing.  That is going to make the jury think twice.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Like I said above it is unlikely Manafort gets off scot free because Mueller will offer him a save face plea that Manafort would be foolish to turn down.   You would claim that as a victory.

I think at this point considering the prosecution hasn't provided us with any evidence of wrong doing yet.  Not saying they don't have any just saying the trial is progressing and we haven't seen anything reported.  Now that very well could be that journalists are too stupid to know what real evidence is.   

20% chance he gets off scot free at best.

So which one is it, toolsy?

13 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So which one is it, toolsy?

Both are true.

A 20% chance of going free when you consider the Justice department has a north of 99% conviction rate is pretty good odds.  Especially when you add in the odds of an obvious face saving plea Manafort might get from Mueller.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Both are true.

A 20% chance of going free when you consider the Justice department has a north of 99% conviction rate is pretty good odds.  Especially when you add in the odds of an obvious face saving plea Manafort might get from Mueller.

In what world is 20% a "good chance", you dumb monkey?

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

In what world is 20% a "good chance", you dumb monkey?

Can you read idiot.  In a world where the government convicts more than 99%, a 20% chance of walking free is dam good.

Especially as I said the large chance he gets a face saving plea where he doesn't have to risk the outcome.

Please take a remedial reading class so I don't have to repeat myself over and over.

6 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Can you read idiot.  In a world where the government convicts more than 99%, a 20% chance of walking free is dam good.

Especially as I said the large chance he gets a face saving plea where he doesn't have to risk the outcome.

Please take a remedial reading class so I don't have to repeat myself over and over.

You started off saying that Manafort has a "good chance" of walking. It was only after I called you on that claim that you decided to start saying that most people that the government goes after are convicted. Your claims didn't match up with facts, so you tried to change things to suit your purposes. Nice try. 

Have any of you asked yourself why Manafort is actually taking this to trial? We know the record the federal government has when they go to trial in these types of cases. That's why there are so many pleas. US attorneys don't want to go to trial, especially here, they want him to plea to a lesser charge and roll on Trump. Manafort's attorneys aren't stupid. They know the conviction rates better then Blue does. So knowing that why go to trial? Maybe because Manafort and his attorneys know something we don't. Why does a guy at 70 years old risk the rest of his life in the can and not roll over when he has had ample opportunity? Why go to trial?

We don't have all the facts here but it's obvious Manafort and his attorneys aren't stupid. If they are willing to take this to trial they have a damn good reason. I'm curious to find out how this plays out. 

For a guy who isn't stupid, Manafort sure has gotten himself in a world of trouble.

Note that Manafort definitely =/= Michael Cohen these days. 

Cohen has hired a lifelong Dem attorney. Manafort, OTOH, has hired a guy who until recently was a prosecutor but like other former prosecutors like Christopher Darden, he's now gone to the dark side where he can earn REAL bucks. And for your benefit, Rebelbacker, see this article about both Downing and selective prosecution under Obama's AG Eric Holder: https://travelingboy.com/travel/paul-manaforts-lawyer-kevin-downing/

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, bluerules009 said:

It is pretty hard to beat a billion dollar prosecution budget I agree.   Especially when the government can provide known liars as unimpeachable NSA witnesses who can basically say anything they want and hide behind national security when asked to provide any proof.

Just pull a ridiculous number out of your ass, make some shit up and run with it.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

You started off saying that Manafort has a "good chance" of walking. It was only after I called you on that claim that you decided to start saying that most people that the government goes after are convicted. Your claims didn't match up with facts, so you tried to change things to suit your purposes. Nice try. 

You didn't call me on anything.  You refuse to face facts and refuse to be honest as usual.

You are just a lying piece of shit leftist lust like Jack.

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Just pull a ridiculous number out of your ass, make some shit up and run with it.

How much does a spy satellite cost?   Does Manafort's defense get to use the data in their defense?

You are right a Billion is probably a low number.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

For a guy who isn't stupid, Manafort sure has gotten himself in a world of trouble.

Note that Manafort definitely =/= Michael Cohen these days. 

Cohen has hired a lifelong Dem attorney. Manafort, OTOH, has hired a guy who until recently was a prosecutor but like other former prosecutors like Christopher Darden, he's now gone to the dark side where he can earn REAL bucks. And for your benefit, Rebelbacker, see this article about both Downing and selective prosecution under Obama's AG Eric Holder: https://travelingboy.com/travel/paul-manaforts-lawyer-kevin-downing/

Not a surprise at all. The DOJ is known for selective prosecution and misconduct by their attorneys. If you want to learn more read this book by a former Asst. US atty Sidney Powell.

https://licensedtolie.com/

One of the main guys in this book is Andrew Weissman. If that name sounds familiar he's on Mueller's team. 

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

You didn't call me on anything.  You refuse to face facts and refuse to be honest as usual.

You are just a lying piece of shit leftist lust like Jack.

Hey, you're the one that said he had a good chance of walking, and then changed your mind. 

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Have any of you asked yourself why Manafort is actually taking this to trial? We know the record the federal government has when they go to trial in these types of cases. That's why there are so many pleas. US attorneys don't want to go to trial, especially here, they want him to plea to a lesser charge and roll on Trump. Manafort's attorneys aren't stupid. They know the conviction rates better then Blue does. So knowing that why go to trial? Maybe because Manafort and his attorneys know something we don't. Why does a guy at 70 years old risk the rest of his life in the can and not roll over when he has had ample opportunity? Why go to trial?

We don't have all the facts here but it's obvious Manafort and his attorneys aren't stupid. If they are willing to take this to trial they have a damn good reason. I'm curious to find out how this plays out. 

I have been wondering that myself.  I'm not so sure it's because Manafort thinks he can beat the rap or that he's got some bombshell evidence that will exonerate him. But there is a reason he didn't want to take a deal and am looking forward to seeing what it is just like you.

55 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Hey, you're the one that said he had a good chance of walking, and then changed your mind. 

Keep it up, everyone can read it.  Even if you don't understand big words like those of 3 letters or more, everyone else does. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Just now, bluerules009 said:

Keep it up, everyone can read it.  Even if you don't understand big words like those of 3 letters or more, everyone else does. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Yep... and you said that he had a good chance of winning his case, but then turned around and claimed that he was unlikely to win. You're so full of shit that your eyes are dripping brown.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

I want to know more about the prosecution’s use of spy satellites in the Manafort case... 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep... and you said that he had a good chance of winning his case, but then turned around and claimed that he was unlikely to win. You're so full of shit that your eyes are dripping brown.

A porta pottie is full of shit.

Blue is full of shit.

Blue is a porta pottie.

Manifort is probably rueing the day he was part of the Trump campaign and just got swept up in the whole investigation. If Hillary had won Manifort likely would have skated. What sucks for him is Hillary did far more criminal things that hurt the country and he is the one that will end up in jail.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Manifort is probably rueing the day he was part of the Trump campaign and just got swept up in the whole investigation. If Hillary had won Manifort likely would have skated. What sucks for him is Hillary did far more criminal things that hurt the country and he is the one that will end up in jail.

Politics sucks and certainly has nothing to do with the honest enforcement of the law.