Guest #1Stunner

Wyoming vs Montana? Should this be an annual rivalry?

Wyoming vs Montana rivalry weekend?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Wyoming and Montana should play on rivalry week, every year?

• Yes. It'd be amazing.
    • No. The Montana fans would be turned off by Wyoming's crass behavior.
    • No. CSU would be offended if that happened.

13 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Why has no one suggested the obvious?  The 400 lb gorilla in the room?

The Brokeback Mountain Rivalry

Trophy could be a dildo.

Day late

22 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Brokeback Bowl

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

I also wish Montana had made the jump up to FBS Football back in the day. Missoula is a great college town and the Grizzlies have an outstanding fan base with more than decent facilities. 

As to the topic; yeah Montana and Wyoming the states are right next to each other, but Missoula to Laramie couldn't be much further apart. That's gotta be like a 12 hour drive. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

8 maybe, 9-10 hours apart probably. Depends on how fast you haul ass across 90 once you get into Montana. 

Missoula is great though. Some of the best bars anywhere. 

Football town period.   I think people underestimate how important that is regardless of division.  And ur right about the bars. 

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I'd sign up for an annual game vs Montana before I would vs. BYU

Wyoming deserves a rival. 

Get Montana in the MWC now!!!

Montana vs Wyoming would be a top 10 rivalry, nationwide.  This would be one of the most unique rivalries in college football.

20 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Montana vs Wyoming would be a top 10 rivalry, nationwide.  This would be one of the most unique rivalries in college football.

Sigh.

I'll bite. What exactly would make this unique?

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The pageantry.  The culture.  

These are two most "wild west" States in the Nation.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wild-west-smackdown-montana-versus-wyoming-100653125337.html

Alright you sold me.

It will be a great rivalry between two teams with little to no history together(and the little history that exists is completely one-sided), two schools with no history or connection together,  two campuses that are at least 10 hours apart, and two fanbases that don't have much common or much overlap. Hey the two states are kinda the most Cowboy-ish states in the nation so its a no brainer.

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

8 maybe, 9-10 hours apart probably. Depends on how fast you haul ass across 90 once you get into Montana. 

Missoula is great though. Some of the best bars anywhere. 

Google estimates 11 hours and 12 minutes taking I-25 to I-90.  Montana has speed limits now, right?

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The feds blackmailed them into finally getting them. I don't pay attention to them. As long as you keep it under 100 you're usually not getting pulled over. The speed limit is like 80 on the interstate anyway 

Threatened to reduce their federal highway dollars?

So from 80 mph to (under) 100 mph, there is some time to be cut off the Google estimate.

Hauck's 2-10 2010 Rebels beat Wyoming 42-16.  I think it would be a good series.

In the absence of a head-to-head game, they can compete in attendance.  Last year Montana won averaging 23,535 vs 20,614 for Wyoming.

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Would the games be broadcast on MySpace or FarmersOnly.com?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

21 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't drive like a Utard so I can't give you an estimate for someone such as yourself who hails from such a place. In your minivan, for example, it may take 15 hours for all I know. 

The Google Estimate from Billings to Missoula, for example, says 5 hours. I've routinely made that drive in 3.5 hours. 

Not from Utah.  I don't push the limits as much as I used to, but I'm not shy with the accelerator - even in the minivan.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, Fowl said:

Hauck's 2-10 2010 Rebels beat Wyoming 42-16.  I think it would be a good series.

In the absence of a head-to-head game, they can compete in attendance.  Last year Montana won averaging 23,535 vs 20,614 for Wyoming.

Missoula's population is 75k

Laramie's is 32k

I'm surprised attendance is that close.  UM loves their football.

The World Needs More Cowboys!