Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Grand Canyon University expansion

Guest #1Stunner

Thompson's lack of professionalism with Wichita St and Gonzaga was unbelievable.

First, he really was dismissive and unprofessional when asked about Wichita.  He could have just "no comment".

Then he leaked that the MWC was in discussions with Gonzaga to a San Diego reporter, which really annoyed Gonzaga.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I’m sorry to hear about your health problems, that really sucks, I hope you are feeling a little better now?

as for Wichita state, Thompson basically told them to go F themselves when they let it be known they were interested in the MW. He literally said something such as ‘if they are looking to park their sports somewhere, it will not be in the MW.’ 

Edit.. stunner has the exact quote above..

Thanks 4UNLY. Why do we put up with hair? Why have we put up with him for so, so long?

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, RamSack said:

Have you ever been to either arena?  I've been to both multiple times and Moby is better, IMO.

Here is a photo of the two gyms:

Image result for magness arena

Image result for magness arena

moby_arena_c0-126-3000-1875_s885x516.jpe

CSU-vball-arena.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, 1066 said:

Thanks 4UNLY. Why do we put up with hair? Why have we put up with him for so, so long?

Wyoming and CSU have been the most adamant for keeping Thompson in power.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, RamSack said:

Source?

The schools voted to force CSU to remove their offensive scoreboard.

CSU appealed to Thompson, who said that CSU could keep it.  CSU has been Thompson's biggest supporter ever since.

24 minutes ago, 1066 said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew hair was a moron but not completely brain dead.

Thanks Stunner

No...that was only half of the story!   WSU was going to add football to get into the conference and we didn't want their football.     In addition, the AD's didn't want to travel to the Central Timezone.   

It is good we didn't get WSU.  It will keep options open for the MW to get GU or maybe GCU down the road that is in the footprint.  

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

No...that was only half of the story!   WSU was going to add football to get into the conference and we didn't want their football.   

Wrong.

Wichita was investigating adding football, is all.

They have decided against it. 

And there is no reason that the MWC couldn't have told Wichita that they'd add them for everything but no football (that's what the AAC did).

I would trade SJSU for a Football-less GCU and let Hawai'i off the hook with a beefy scheduling alliance (they go Indy, we play them 4-6 games a year with no travel subs) in a heartbeat. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Stevens Henniger is a joke, and no one says otherwise.

But UVU?  They are out-recruiting USU in basketball right now.  I'm not sure a USU fan ought to poke fun at them.  They seem to have a more up and coming basketball program than USU. 

And since they are a State University, I don't think their academics are all that bad, and have a similar prestige to USU.

Yeah, UVU is coming up in the world.  Before you know it they'll be stealing BYU coaches.  BTW, how is the Cougars' recruiting going in  replacing its rugby coaches?

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, utaggies said:

Yeah, UVU is coming up in the world.  Before you know it they'll be stealing BYU coaches.  BTW, how is the Cougars' recruiting going in  replacing its rugby coaches?

I don't know, I don't closely follow BYU Rugby.

What are you hearing?

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Looks like Grand Canyon has plans to expand the campus from 300 to 400 acres, and expand on-campus enrollment from 19,000 to 30,000 in 5 years.

I've got to say, this school is loaded with money.  They are building like crazy.  Compare them to a school like SJSU, who is strapped from cash, and I think GCU might have more upside.  @jdgaucho  has studied GCU the most on here, and pointed them out before anyone had heard of them.

In the spring, the university had 19,000 students on its campus, which was just under 300 acres.

“As we look forward, the campus will grow to 30,000 students in the next five years or so,” GCU president Brian Mueller said. “We’ll also expand from 300 acres to 400 acres.”

The number of students taking online classes is even larger, at about 70,000 students. Most of them are working adults who are seeking a master’s or doctoral degrees, whereas most of the students attending classes on campus are traditional students who recently graduated high school.

http://ktar.com/story/2050968/grand-canyon-university-attendance-expansion-milestones/

NO

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Stevens Henniger is a joke, and no one says otherwise.

But UVU?  They are out-recruiting USU in basketball right now.  I'm not sure a USU fan ought to poke fun at them.  They seem to have a more up and coming basketball program than USU. 

And since they are a State University, I don't think their academics are all that bad, and have a similar prestige to USU.

UVU 114   BYU 101

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

UVU 114   BYU 101

Ha!

Jackmormon still has a raging BYU boner after all these years.

I repeat:. UVU is a real theat to USU basketball recruiting.  USU's tiny enrollment is a problem.

Never thought we'd see the day that UVU would be a stronger opponent than USU.   USU is an automatic win for BYU.  Now UVU is not.  They are recruiting 4 star guys now.