Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

2018 MWC Predicted Order of Finish

That prediction is right, last place is where SJSU will end up. The Spartans might win 3 games...4 if they're lucky. :waiting:

13 hours ago, RogueStout said:

UNLV is getting way too much love. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to Hawai’i and finish just above SJSU.

I dont get this? Is it "love" though? UNLV has a returning talented QB, a good O-line, above average backs, and several good receivers. The defense won't be able to stop Fresno or SDSU, but it's good enough to finish third in the west.....

Despite the haters, Sanchez hasn't regressed in any new season. We've spun the wheels a bit too much, but he hasn't lost a team yet and he's improved all phases of offense and recruiting. Pre-season third in the west is not getting love, it's what you'd expect. UNLV should be better than the three teams below them in respect to where the four teams are at right now.

30 minutes ago, And? said:

I dont get this? Is it "love" though? UNLV has a returning talented QB, a good O-line, above average backs, and several good receivers. The defense won't be able to stop Fresno or SDSU, but it's good enough to finish third in the west.....

Despite the haters, Sanchez hasn't regressed in any new season. We've spun the wheels a bit too much, but he hasn't lost a team yet and he's improved all phases of offense and recruiting. Pre-season third in the west is not getting love, it's what you'd expect. UNLV should be better than the three teams below them in respect to where the four teams are at right now.

There is no way you guys finish above Nevada this year imo. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

There is no way you guys finish above Nevada this year imo. 

Why do you think that?  Both teams return 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense.  UNLV was a hair better offensively and defensively last year.  I think both teams will be on the cusp of bowl eligibility.

15 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

How accurate have these polls been in the past? 

Believe Fresno was picked at or near the bottom of the pack last year as was Wyoming the year before....and both ended up playing for the championship.  I personally believe there are numerous teams that are capable of winning their divisions this year (Fresno, SDSU, Boise, Wyoming, USU, CSU among them)......so a UNLV or Air Force will probably win..............

Small Hetfield_Cowboys.jpg

45 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Why do you think that?  Both teams return 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense.  UNLV was a hair better offensively and defensively last year.  I think both teams will be on the cusp of bowl eligibility.

I think Nevada is going to be much better but it’s schedule is rough. It’s crossover games are against @AFA, CSU, and Boise. It does get SDSU and Fresno at home - both probable losses anyway unless the defense starts to improve.

I think Vegas has an easier conf. schedule with xover games against @USU, AFA and UNM. 

It will be interesting but it comes down to one game in Oct. for both these teams. Both good offensively, both horrible defensively, both fighting for a butt bowl. 

16 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I think Nevada is going to be much better but it’s schedule is rough. It’s crossover games are against @AFA, CSU, and Boise. It does get SDSU and Fresno at home - both probable losses anyway unless the defense starts to improve.

I think Vegas has an easier conf. schedule with xover games against @USU, AFA and UNM. 

It will be interesting but it comes down to one game in Oct. for both these teams. Both good offensively, both horrible defensively, both fighting for a butt bowl. 

It could very well come down to when both teams play each other to see who wins the Cannon and gets a bowl spot. Or what i think might happen is the last game could be UNLV fighting to be bowl eligible. 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Because I firmly believe the wheels are coming the rest of the way off on the Sanchize Express this year. I layed off the guy after the hire and have been watching with interest. 

The experiment ends this year.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Because I firmly believe the wheels are coming the rest of the way off on the Sanchize Express this year. I layed off the guy after the hire and have been watching with interest. 

The experiment ends this year.

I disagree. I think the Sanchize will emulate Bobby Hauck and get the Rebels to a bowl game this year.

Barely. And in that game they'll get blown out by a garbage opponent from CUSA or the SBC. But just getting to a crappy bowl game is the top of the mountain for UNLV football so Sanchez's contract will be extended for three years. And then he'll will win two games in 2019. And THEN UNLV will fire him. That's the UNLV way.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I disagree. I think the Sanchize will emulate Bobby Hauck and get the Rebels to a bowl game this year.

Barely. And in that game they'll get blown out by a garbage opponent from CUSA or the SBC. But just getting to a crappy bowl game is the top of the mountain for UNLV so Sanchez's contract will be extended for three years. And then he'll will win two games in 2019. And THEN UNLV will fire him. It's the UNLV way.

i think this is about dead on.

If UNLVs defense can just be mediocre then I think they have a good shot to finish as predicted here.  That defense was just terrible last year.  Not sure how much they can correct in one year but you never know with a new DC.  If Sanchez sticks around, hopefully they find a new OC next year.  

On 7/24/2018 at 8:03 PM, NevadaFan said:

How accurate have these polls been in the past? 

Exactly...   but donks love the preseason hype.  All 15k of them.

And then...  depending on how the season goes...  the 37k will bask in all the glory.  

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

18 hours ago, crixus said:

That prediction is right, last place is where SJSU will end up. The Spartans might win 3 games...4 if they're lucky. :waiting:

Not too shabby, and according to Rev, he thinks you guys setup nicely to beat his Aztecs!

15 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Perfect! Chapman's final year, exceptional Oline, absolutely perfect!

We will probably lose to SJSU.

Love me some Rev, he is a realist.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg