Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Trump vows to yank security clearances for Brennan, McCabe, Comey and other top Obama officials

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

"Unparalleled honesty and integrity"?

I guess lying under oath to congress and the American people is now a mark of integrity.

No worries.  I am sure leader of the Navy Seal team is evil and biased and has no basis for his criticism of Trump either.  

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

These people are not using their security clearance for nat'l interest, their using it for their own political interests. 

So the political interests of "these people" are not in the best interests of the country?  Only your political interests are in the best interests of the country?  Is that it?

5 hours ago, mugtang said:

I have an issue with Trump’s rationale for yanking the clearance but I don’t have a problem with Brennan losing his clearance since he spied on the Senate.  

Watch. Just as Trump has changed his mind on so many other things, somebody will clue him in that what you say plays a lot better from a legal standpoint and he'll claim that was the real reason for revocation of the security clearance. :USFlag:

Boom goes the dynamite.

52 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

The commander of the Navy Seal team that killed Osama Bin Laden has now weighed in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/revoke-my-security-clearance-too-mr-president/2018/08/16/8b149b02-a178-11e8-93e3-24d1703d2a7a_story.html

Holy hell did he not mince words. There's something to be said for military bluntness.

AWESOME!

May his standing up for others in the intelligence and military communities become a groundswell the likes of which even FoxNews can't figure out a way to defend.

Boom goes the dynamite.

17 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Watch. Just as Trump has changed his mind on so many other things, somebody will clue him in that what you say plays a lot better from a legal standpoint and he'll claim that was the real reason for revocation of the security clearance. :USFlag:

You’d think he would’ve had this discussion with White House Counsel before and they advised him to use the rationale I pointed out.  But, this is Trump we’re talking about. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

This just in: Rudy Giuliani says there could not have been any collusion because Trump never ran for president. 

The immaculate president defense...I am sure the cult will believe it about the messiah.

Posted Image

31 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

He actually did use it, or at least the person who types the press release did. Trump just can’t stick to a script when somebody is mean to him.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4758652/President-Trump-s-statement-on-security-clearances.pdf

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

No worries.  I am sure leader of the Navy Seal team is evil and biased and has no basis for his criticism of Trump either.  

Trump is an ass.  An embarrassment to the country.

How does that change the fact that Brennan is a liar? 

Why do you think being a lair is okay if the liar hates Trump?  Oh that's right, you care about nothing other than your bias, you have the same truth and integrity measure as Brennan, whatever is good for you is right.

7 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Trump is an ass.  An embarrassment to the country.

How does that change the fact that Brennan is a liar? 

Why do you think being a lair is okay if the liar hates Trump?  Oh that's right, you care about nothing other than your bias, you have the same truth and integrity measure as Brennan, whatever is good for you is right.

Have you ever heard of pot and kettle?

40 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Have you ever heard of pot and kettle?

Give me an example of why I am the pot or the kettle?  I don't support Trump, I just don't support liars either.

I am not like you someone who is all upset and overwrought over the opposition doing the same things the guy I supported a couple of months ago did as well if not worse.

I know, I know I am wasting my time talking to the arbiter of honesty and integrity that some random admiral represents for you,  Because he was responsible for a group of paid assassins, who you have cloaked in patriotism in your world.

6 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Give me an example of why I am the pot or the kettle?  I don't support Trump, I just don't support liars either.

I am not like you someone who is all upset and overwrought over the opposition doing the same things the guy I supported a couple of months ago did as well if not worse.

I know, I know I am wasting my time talking to the arbiter of honesty and integrity that some random admiral represents for you,  Because he was responsible for a group of paid assassins, who you have cloaked in patriotism is in your world.

I have only been around for a fraction of your 19,000 posts, but do i really need to copy your posts to prove a point?  Lol.   

Update, nearly 20,000 posts.

5 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Less an example and more of a general observation but...

...I've much more often seen you defending one side than the other. As someone who has come to appreciate your takes on occasion (and also learned when it's pretty obvious we won't find common ground and therefore not bother to reply) you spend a heck of a lot more time defending/supporting one side than the other. 

A rather tepid "I don't support Trump" would sound more convincing if so much of your posting and time wasn't spent defending him.

27 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I have only been around for a fraction of your 19,000 posts, but do i really need to copy your posts to prove a point?  Lol.   

Update, nearly 20,000 posts.

You will never find a post where I supported Trump.

So go ahead pot and kettle and expert on integrity and honesty who dodges the issues so well.

Remember that just attacking hypocrisy like in this thread does not mean I support Trump.  It just means the person attacking Trump has no credibility.

9 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/16/trump-blurts-out-another-lester-holt-moment/

It really was the Russia investigation all along.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal posted late Wednesday, President Trump once again gave away the ballgame when it comes to his efforts to impact the probe and tear down its leaders (both current and former). He confessed that his true motivation for revoking former CIA director John Brennan’s security clearance was the “rigged witch hunt" that Brennan once “led.”

“I call it the rigged witch hunt; [it] is a sham,” Trump told the Journal’s Peter Nicholas and Michael C. Bender. “And these people led it!”

He added: “So I think it’s something that had to be done.”

You could be forgiven for having flashbacks to Trump’s interview with NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt in the aftermath of his firing last year of James B. Comey as FBI director. Then, as now, the White House offered a series of motivations for the crackdown on a person who was a liability in the Russia probe. Then, as now, it seemed clear what the actual motivation was. And then, as now, Trump appeared to go out and just admit the actual motivation.

I'm a little curious what amount of publicly offered proof will be needed for Obstruction of Justice. Firing the FBI Director because of "that Russia thing" and now revoking the security clearance of a former CIA Director because of "the rigged witch hunt".

Obstruction in plain sight...

3 hours ago, sandiegopete said:

This just in: Rudy Giuliani says there could not have been any collusion because Trump never ran for president. 

Also, facts are in the eye of the beholder.

"If fact-counting is anything, we've never had anybody with the level of mendacity that he has," Cuomo replied. "Not even close."

"It's in the eye of the beholder," said a chuckling Giuliani. 

"No, facts are not in the eye of the beholder," Cuomo said, shaking his finger. 

"Yes, they are," Giulini said. "Nowadays they are." 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/08/15/rudy-giuliani-president-trump-honest-facts-eye-beholder/1002853002/

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Some of these people have done or are doing their utmost to undermine the president. Allowing them to keep their security clearances and be in on classified information allows them to continue in that capacity. 

What if current intelligence officials want to consult with Brennan or other former IC staff on a matter of critical national securirity, but they can’t brief them because they dont have a security clearance?

On 7/23/2018 at 1:00 PM, modestobulldog said:

You are too rational, you need to stay in the emotional TDS realm :drunkards:

Personally, I agree.  It is standard practice for former employees.  Brennan in particular appears to be a loose cannon.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

Apparently Retired Admiral McRaven doesn't agree with your assessment of Brennan...

In an op-ed published by the Washington Post, McRaven, a former Navy SEAL who led US Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014, not only called Brennan "a man of unparalleled integrity," but volunteered to have his own security clearance revoked in an act of solidarity.
"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.

McRaven, who resigned as chancellor of the University of Texas in Austin earlier this year, is widely respected among the tens of thousands of active and retired special operators and his message will likely resonate within that community.
"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," McRaven said of Trump.
"If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be," he added.

5 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

So just following up...

...the entire rationale behind violating decades of tradition and political norms in revoking Brennan's security clearance was that he was using classified information to attack the president. The president himself would later reveal this to be false by outright stating he did it because of the "rigged witch hunt" of the Mueller investigation.

But, at least in theory, the justification was Brennan misusing classified information for political purposes.

I am still waiting for any examples of this.

Surely if this was so self evident there would be one readily available example.

Alternatively...

If there is not, we would see some honest intellectuals admitting that this is weak sauce. I am normally pretty okay with non-responses due to the tacit understanding that two points of view are irreconcilable. But I'd like my conservative brothers/sisters to put up or shut up (metaphorically speaking of course) on this.

Normally the truth of things is a rather gray and debatable area. But the stated rationale here is pretty blunt. Brennan was using his security clearance to use confidential information for political purposes.

Certainly there are examples of this? Alternatively, if there are not, it seems like a good opportunity for conservatives to obtain "moderate street cred" by admitting that Trump's wrong on this issue...but I hear crickets.

14 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

According to White House statement, Brennan has security clearance revoked due to “ a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations – wild outbursts on the internet and television...”

Hmmmmm....

lol. Colbert said about this: “I would say this is the pot calling the kettle black... ...although there may be tapes where it’s called something worse.”

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say