Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

The UNR Martin Twins ....

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Will be buying Hutch Nikes from the Kazakstan Foot Locker in the very near future.

https://pippenainteasy.com/2018/07/20/chandler-hutchisons-deal-nike-means-lot-chicago-bulls/

The main thing I got out of this article is comparing him to food at Chipotles.  Norovirus and E.Coli aren't exactly ringing endorsements. ☺

The Martin twins should be really proud of themselves.  They were not blessed with the athletic talents of a Chandler Hutchison or even an Anothony Drimic but they have managed to make the most out of their 6'4, stubby armed selves.  That is grit and determination right there.  I am proud of them, and playing ball in eastern Europe for a few years is a good deal.  If they are smart with that money they could own their own 7/11 franchise in 10 years.

wont forget!  

the orange wearing arrogance  brigade arrives in town Oct 13th!

2. Back-and-forth with Boise fans

Drew’s teammates weren’t pleased with a Boise State fan who yelled, “I hope it’s broke” at Drew as he was being helped off the court with his injury. Broncos supporters also weren’t happy with Nevada after Caleb Martin slammed home a 360-degree after the buzzer to punctuate the Wolf Pack’s win. Martin hesitated so the basket wouldn't count to avoid rubbing it in the Broncos’ face, but the fans weren’t pleased.

“You have people talking to us saying, ‘Learn how to win with class,’” Martin said. “No. Your fans need to have class. It would have been a different story if fans weren’t yelling that (at Lindsey). We’re just out there playing. Obviously, you have a couple of fans here and there, but the majority of the people were yelling at him hoping he was down for good. At the end of the day, it’s a sport. At the end of the day, we’re people. That was a big one, a big motivator for us and it left a bad taste in our mouth.”

cerified_Subarus.jpg

18 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Will be buying Hutch Nikes from the Kazakstan Foot Locker in the very near future.

https://pippenainteasy.com/2018/07/20/chandler-hutchisons-deal-nike-means-lot-chicago-bulls/

With all that money Hutch is making in the NBA, he'll be able to buy a really nice trophy case for all those MW championships he won. He can also build himself a really nice room to display all the photos of him playing in the NCAA tournament. 

4 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

wont forget!  

the orange wearing arrogance  brigade arrives in town Oct 13th!

2. Back-and-forth with Boise fans

Drew’s teammates weren’t pleased with a Boise State fan who yelled, “I hope it’s broke” at Drew as he was being helped off the court with his injury. Broncos supporters also weren’t happy with Nevada after Caleb Martin slammed home a 360-degree after the buzzer to punctuate the Wolf Pack’s win. Martin hesitated so the basket wouldn't count to avoid rubbing it in the Broncos’ face, but the fans weren’t pleased.

“You have people talking to us saying, ‘Learn how to win with class,’” Martin said. “No. Your fans need to have class. It would have been a different story if fans weren’t yelling that (at Lindsey). We’re just out there playing. Obviously, you have a couple of fans here and there, but the majority of the people were yelling at him hoping he was down for good. At the end of the day, it’s a sport. At the end of the day, we’re people. That was a big one, a big motivator for us and it left a bad taste in our mouth.”

Wow. Does anybody have footage of this? 

2 hours ago, SixPack said:

With all that money Hutch is making in the NBA, he'll be able to buy a really nice trophy case for all those MW championships he won. He can also build himself a really nice room to display all the photos of him playing in the NCAA tournament. 

Weak smack aside, Hutch did play in the NCAA tournament and did win a MW Championship. 

Maybe you're just not aware that the MW has been playing basketball for longer than two years?

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Weak smack aside, Hutch did play in the NCAA tournament and did win a MW Championship. 

Maybe you're just not aware that the MW has been playing basketball for longer than two years?

You're correct. I completely forgot about the 2015 play-in game and his. 0-1 career record in the tournament. And yes I know it's not really a play-in game. And yes, I had to look that one up. But that's kind of the point...I had to look it up to remember. I guess people don't really remember an opening round loss on the Tuesday before.

My point however...I'm not getting the smack talk about making fun of a player for playing professional basketball overseas. I mean, how many of us would take that opportunity if we could? Why is it a bad thing? 

7 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

No because the statement was a lie.  I was at the game.  One guy did yell "I hope it is broke", what POS.  It was not even two fans, let alone most of the arena.  Martin lied.  

5 hours ago, SixPack said:

You're correct. I completely forgot about the 2015 play-in game and his. 0-1 career record in the tournament. And yes I know it's not really a play-in game. And yes, I had to look that one up. But that's kind of the point...I had to look it up to remember. I guess people don't really remember an opening round loss on the Tuesday before.

My point however...I'm not getting the smack talk about making fun of a player for playing professional basketball overseas. I mean, how many of us would take that opportunity if we could? Why is it a bad thing? 

It is a joke/meme and not to be taken seriously.  Caleb and Cody could very well earn a spot on an NBA roster and playing Europe is a really sweet deal.  I mean making 6 digits with free housing traveling all over Europe for years is something most of us would dream about.  The Martin twins are great players.  Just not as good as Hutchison was.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No because the statement was a lie.  I was at the game.  One guy did yell "I hope it is broke", what POS.  It was not even two fans, let alone most of the arena.  Martin lied.  

Yeah, it was a massive exaggeration. 

9 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, it was a massive exaggeration. 

One guy did yell that terrible remark, I heard it.  It was super trashy, but NOT ONE SINGLE other person echoed the sentiment.  Martin lied for attention.  I have the game recorded and I am sure other UNR fans do as well.  Blatant lie by Martin.  I was there, no such thing happened.  To suggest a majority of the people were yelling at him hoping he was down for good is a disgusting lie.  But hey, he can tell his future Uzbekistanian teammates all about it. 

16 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

Nah it happened right at the buzzer then went to commercial break so there’s no recording but is anyone really surprised? It happened at the student section where people say stupid shit all the time. 

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

One guy did yell that terrible remark, I heard it.  It was super trashy, but NOT ONE SINGLE other person echoed the sentiment.  Martin lied for attention.  I have the game recorded and I am sure other UNR fans do as well.  Blatant lie by Martin.  I was there, no such thing happened.  To suggest a majority of the people were yelling at him hoping he was down for good is a disgusting lie.  But hey, he can tell his future Uzbekistanian teammates all about it. 

I'm not really surprised that this is an exaggeration. I don't think Boise fans have ever been known to be vicious like that, and it's easy to confuse cheers celebrating exciting play for cheers celebrating an injury. 

On 7/21/2018 at 6:22 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

No need to demean the Martin's to pump up Hutch.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

12 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

I'm not really surprised that this is an exaggeration. I don't think Boise fans have ever been known to be vicious like that, and it's easy to confuse cheers celebrating exciting play for cheers celebrating an injury. 

Every fan base has some trash in it. I don’t think it was an exaggeration, as I said, the fans Martin was referring to was the student section where Nevada’s bench is. So unless the Bronco posters above were sitting in the student section, there’s no way they can determine if one or multiple people made negative comments.

The game is on YouTube and you can’t see any extra activity as Drew’s injury happens right at the buzzer, then there’s music, then commercial break.