Jump to content
modestobulldog

NFL and Players Union poop in the crib again.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

You're right dammit.  The government should force NFL fans to continue to buy tickets to games

Oh pokebball, you can come up with a better straw man than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Oh pokebball, you can come up with a better straw man than that. 

No, honestly I can't.  Buying a ticket to a football game or anything else is a personal decision between a willing seller and a willing buyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pokebball said:

You're right dammit.  The government should force NFL fans to continue to buy tickets to games

Is that what he said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

No, honestly I can't. What is your solution?

Solution to what? The anthem thing? Let players keep doing it, and telling offended right wingers to get over themselves.  I never called for government intervention.

 

I will point out that there's really only one side on this issue that's wants people silenced and it's not the folks supporting the NFL players. Which really does go against the stereotype of Liberals being the easily offended snowflakes, who can't handle a different point of view, and want that point of view silenced immediately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sebasour said:

After the Freddie Grey riots wasn't the talking point from right wingers "I'm fine with black people protesting, just do it in a peaceful way". Okay well they found a peaceful way. 

 

The people claiming that they only have a problem because they use football as an escape from politics, are full of shit because the national anthems are never televised anyway, outside of major events like The Super Bowl.

WTF are you talking about? I dont have to watch protests if I dont want to. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Solution to what? The anthem thing? Let players keep doing it, and telling offended right wingers to get over themselves.  I never called for government intervention.

 

I will point out that there's really only one side on this issue that's wants people silenced and it's not the folks supporting the NFL players. Which really does go against the stereotype of Liberals being the easily offended snowflakes, who can't handle a different point of view, and want that point of view silenced immediately 

Many have told the offended right-wingers to get over it. You just did again in this post. And yet they continue to boycott the NFL and not buy what they're selling. Are you cool with that?  You don't seem to be?

The customers of the NFL aren't trying to silence the players, they're just refusing to buy what the NFL is selling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

WTF are you talking about? I dont have to watch protests if I dont want to. 

 

Who said you have to? In fact it's actually quite hard to watch them, since as I pointed out, these protests you folks are so up in arms over, are rarely televised anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

TDS

the idea that attempts at political neutrality are themselves political acts is related to Trump how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sebasour said:

 

Who said you have to? In fact it's actually quite hard to watch them, since as I pointed out, these protests you folks are so up in arms over, are rarely televised anyway

So then wtf is your point?

 

You dont seem to get that they dont have the right to be free from consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Many have told the offended right-wingers to get over it. You just did again in this post. And yet they continue to boycott the NFL and not buy what they're selling. Are you cool with that?  You don't seem to be?

 

They're free to do whatever they want, and I'm free to call it dumb. You've used this tactic before IIRC, previously to defend racism and homophobia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Many have told the offended right-wingers to get over it. You just did again in this post. And yet they continue to boycott the NFL and not buy what they're selling. Are you cool with that?  You don't seem to be?

The customers of the NFL aren't trying to silence the players, they're just refusing to buy what the NFL is selling.

I really dont get his point. It's in the best interest of the NFL to not pick off any portion of its fan base regardless of political position. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

WTF are you talking about? I dont have to watch protests if I dont want to. 

I don't watch the protest either but I still enjoy the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sebasour said:

 

They're free to do whatever they want, and I'm free to call it dumb. You've used this tactic before IIRC, previously to defend racism and homophobia.

Clearly you don't understand, I am defending freedom. You're the guy that seems to be infringing at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

So then wtf is your point?

 

You dont seem to get that they dont have the right to be free from consequences.

 

I fully understand the NFL is within their rights to stop them, they're also within their rights to keep allowing it. No one is calling for government intervention, we're just giving our opinion on which direction the NFL should go.

 

I'm giving mine, and pointing out the childishness of the other side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, renoskier said:

I don't watch the protest either but I still enjoy the games.

I dont either. Although the games are less enjoyable with the constant commercials, but I'm struggling to understand his point. It's my choice as a consumer to buy or not buy what they are selling. If the employees do something I dont like then I'm probably not going to buy. That's my choice as a consumer. It doesnt make anyone a hypocrite or full of shit. That's how the market works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sebasour said:

 

I fully understand the NFL is within their rights to stop them, they're also within their rights to keep allowing it. No one is calling for government intervention, we're just giving our opinion on which direction the NFL should go.

 

I'm giving mine, and pointing out the childishness of the other side

Voting with your wallet is childish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sebasour said:

 

I'm giving mine, and pointing out the childishness of the other side

If we all quit acting like children the world would be such a better place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Clearly you don't understand, I am defending freedom. You're the guy that seems to be infringing at times.

What freedom am I trying to infringe on?

 

You guys are the ones who keep gleefully pointing out, that freedom of speech does not protect you from public or employer backlash when you want these guys to lose their job for holding a peaceful protest that you dislike.

 

I'm not calling for right wingers to be imprisoned, I'm just making fun of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Voting with your wallet is childish?

Holding differing opinions is apparently childish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Voting with your wallet is childish?


If you are boycotting a sport that you love, and calling for the athletes to lose their jobs over a peaceful protest that's never televised anyway because Hannity told you to, then yes you're childish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×