Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

NFL and Players Union poop in the crib again.

2 minutes ago, sebasour said:

If you are boycotting a sport that you love, and calling for the athletes to lose their jobs over a peaceful protest that's never televised anyway because Hannity told you to, then yes you're childish. 

Who here was calling for their jobs? The NFL is losing viewership for a multitude of reasons mostly perpetrated by goodell, how do you know this just isnt the straw that broke the camel's back? 

I dont have much respect for Kaps protest, at least Brandon Marshall put in the effort to do ride alongside with the police, talk to the ACLU as well as other law groups to better understand how he could help implement change. Kap just threw a fit for getting benched

3 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Who here was calling for their jobs? The NFL is losing viewership for a multitude of reasons mostly perpetrated by goodell, how do you know this just isnt the straw that broke the camel's back? 

I dont have much respect for Kaps protest, at least Brandon Marshall put in the effort to do ride alongside with the police, talk to the ACLU as well as other law groups to better understand how he could help implement change. Kap just threw a fit for getting benched

Well Kap hasn't been able to get a job because of these protests, which I find to be a bad thing since they're completely victimless. 

16 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I fully understand the NFL is within their rights to stop them, they're also within their rights to keep allowing it. No one is calling for government intervention, we're just giving our opinion on which direction the NFL should go.

I'm giving mine, and pointing out the childishness of the other side

You should buy double the tickets you normally buy and invite your friends.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

You should buy double the tickets you normally buy and invite your friends.

Well at least we're moving on from the "you hate freedom" arguments 

25 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

the idea that attempts at political neutrality are themselves political acts is related to Trump how?

This is the post you quoted and responded to.

10 hours ago, Thomas said:

No wonder you believe Trump doing something is TERRIBLE, but Trymp also doing nothing is also TERRIBLE.

Maybe, you've already decided that you're going to be outraged, and what's actually going on in reality has nothing to do with your outrage?

Sounds like TDS to me.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

This is the post you quoted and responded to.

Are you lying, or did you just mix things up?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

24 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I dont either. Although the games are less enjoyable with the constant commercials, but I'm struggling to understand his point. It's my choice as a consumer to buy or not buy what they are selling. If the employees do something I dont like then I'm probably not going to buy. That's my choice as a consumer. It doesnt make anyone a hypocrite or full of shit. That's how the market works.

I don't know, I thought his point was pretty clear, a lot of the same folks who said they didn't support protest because they were violent or destructive, also whine about a perfectly peaceful protest..

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I don't know, I thought his point was pretty clear, a lot of the same folks who said they didn't support protest because they were violent or destructive, also whine about a perfectly peaceful protest..

Exactly, these people are more passionate about the super important issue of NFL National Anthem protocol than racial bias in police departments. Somehow that's become the under card of this national debate.

I have to question whether these people actually care about that issue, because it seems like priority number 1 is not hearing about it

Just now, NorCalCoug said:

I’m sorry, is that not the post you quoted when you asked what he was talking about?

8777E2A8-D5C3-426C-ADF1-C316C7450F96.jpeg

And what post was I quoting when I referred to political neutrality? You know, the one that our resident weirdo responded to with nonsensical blathering about Trump, to which I asked what he's talking about, to which you said TDS, to which I asked what Trump has to do with political neutrality.

So you weren't lying. You were mixed up. It's OK. It happens to the best of us, too.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

8 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Exactly, these people are more passionate about the super important issue of NFL National Anthem protocol than racial bias in police departments. Somehow that's become the under card of this national debate.

I have to question whether these people actually care about that issue, because it seems like priority number 1 is not hearing about it

They don't care because they don't believe it's really an issue.

13 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

And what post was I quoting when I referred to political neutrality? You know, the one that our resident weirdo responded to with nonsensical blathering about Trump, to which I asked what he's talking about, to which you said TDS, to which I asked what Trump has to do with political neutrality.

So you weren't lying. You were mixed up. It's OK. It happens to the best of us, too.

Don’t care...  my post wasn’t addressing that one.  The post from Thomas that I graciously provided an explanation for upon your request was clearly outlining classic symptoms of TDS.

v0icAvfW.jpg

53 minutes ago, renoskier said:

So to be clear, I support the rights for both protests. I also support the freedom for an employer to opine on the matter and for the customers of a product to respond as they see fit.

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

So to be clear, I support the rights for both protests. I also support the freedom for an employer to opine on the matter and for the customers of a product to respond as they see fit.

Yes, of course, but that wasn't his point.  His point was calling out the inconsistency of many of the whiners.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Yes, of course, but that wasn't his point.  His point was calling out the inconsistency of many of the whiners.

Many on both sides are inconsistent. I'm glad none of us on this board are. :)

18 hours ago, Thomas said:

Trump was a lateconer to the whole issue, saw an opportunuty & expkoited it.

Yeah, he expkoited it. 'Cause Trump is as Amerikan as it gets.

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah BULLSHIT.

Trump was a lateconer to the whole issue, saw an opportunuty & expkoited it.

BLM, Krapernick & his ho are the creators of the damn thing.

Why did he want to exploit it? To what end?