Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

NFL and Players Union poop in the crib again.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

You're right dammit.  The government should force NFL fans to continue to buy tickets to games

Oh pokebball, you can come up with a better straw man than that. 

14 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Oh pokebball, you can come up with a better straw man than that. 

No, honestly I can't.  Buying a ticket to a football game or anything else is a personal decision between a willing seller and a willing buyer.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

No, honestly I can't. What is your solution?

Solution to what? The anthem thing? Let players keep doing it, and telling offended right wingers to get over themselves.  I never called for government intervention.

I will point out that there's really only one side on this issue that's wants people silenced and it's not the folks supporting the NFL players. Which really does go against the stereotype of Liberals being the easily offended snowflakes, who can't handle a different point of view, and want that point of view silenced immediately 

44 minutes ago, sebasour said:

After the Freddie Grey riots wasn't the talking point from right wingers "I'm fine with black people protesting, just do it in a peaceful way". Okay well they found a peaceful way. 

The people claiming that they only have a problem because they use football as an escape from politics, are full of shit because the national anthems are never televised anyway, outside of major events like The Super Bowl.

WTF are you talking about? I dont have to watch protests if I dont want to. 

5 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Solution to what? The anthem thing? Let players keep doing it, and telling offended right wingers to get over themselves.  I never called for government intervention.

I will point out that there's really only one side on this issue that's wants people silenced and it's not the folks supporting the NFL players. Which really does go against the stereotype of Liberals being the easily offended snowflakes, who can't handle a different point of view, and want that point of view silenced immediately 

Many have told the offended right-wingers to get over it. You just did again in this post. And yet they continue to boycott the NFL and not buy what they're selling. Are you cool with that?  You don't seem to be?

The customers of the NFL aren't trying to silence the players, they're just refusing to buy what the NFL is selling.

1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

WTF are you talking about? I dont have to watch protests if I dont want to. 

Who said you have to? In fact it's actually quite hard to watch them, since as I pointed out, these protests you folks are so up in arms over, are rarely televised anyway

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

TDS

the idea that attempts at political neutrality are themselves political acts is related to Trump how?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, sebasour said:

Who said you have to? In fact it's actually quite hard to watch them, since as I pointed out, these protests you folks are so up in arms over, are rarely televised anyway

So then wtf is your point?

You dont seem to get that they dont have the right to be free from consequences.

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Many have told the offended right-wingers to get over it. You just did again in this post. And yet they continue to boycott the NFL and not buy what they're selling. Are you cool with that?  You don't seem to be?

They're free to do whatever they want, and I'm free to call it dumb. You've used this tactic before IIRC, previously to defend racism and homophobia.

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The customers of the NFL aren't trying to silence the players, they're just refusing to buy what the NFL is selling.

I really dont get his point. It's in the best interest of the NFL to not pick off any portion of its fan base regardless of political position. 

They're free to do whatever they want, and I'm free to call it dumb. You've used this tactic before IIRC, previously to defend racism and homophobia.

Clearly you don't understand, I am defending freedom. You're the guy that seems to be infringing at times.

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

So then wtf is your point?

You dont seem to get that they dont have the right to be free from consequences.

I fully understand the NFL is within their rights to stop them, they're also within their rights to keep allowing it. No one is calling for government intervention, we're just giving our opinion on which direction the NFL should go.

I'm giving mine, and pointing out the childishness of the other side

Just now, renoskier said:

I don't watch the protest either but I still enjoy the games.

I dont either. Although the games are less enjoyable with the constant commercials, but I'm struggling to understand his point. It's my choice as a consumer to buy or not buy what they are selling. If the employees do something I dont like then I'm probably not going to buy. That's my choice as a consumer. It doesnt make anyone a hypocrite or full of shit. That's how the market works.

I fully understand the NFL is within their rights to stop them, they're also within their rights to keep allowing it. No one is calling for government intervention, we're just giving our opinion on which direction the NFL should go.

I'm giving mine, and pointing out the childishness of the other side

Voting with your wallet is childish?

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Clearly you don't understand, I am defending freedom. You're the guy that seems to be infringing at times.

What freedom am I trying to infringe on?

You guys are the ones who keep gleefully pointing out, that freedom of speech does not protect you from public or employer backlash when you want these guys to lose their job for holding a peaceful protest that you dislike.

I'm not calling for right wingers to be imprisoned, I'm just making fun of them. 

3 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Voting with your wallet is childish?

If you are boycotting a sport that you love, and calling for the athletes to lose their jobs over a peaceful protest that's never televised anyway because Hannity told you to, then yes you're childish.