Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Is MWCBoard ready to jump the shark?

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Christ Mug. Maybe it’s time to take out the garbage? Thanks to the sock inflitration, it’s hard to wade through 3 feet of dogchit to actually read a decent post these days.

Like the one you just posted?

23 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Christ Mug. Maybe it’s time to take out the garbage? Thanks to the sock inflitration, it’s hard to wade through 3 feet of dogchit to actually read a decent post these days.

You mean you don’t like “All Thomas All the Time”?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

21 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He's on pace for something like 12-13k posts in a year.

I thought you guys were joking until I saw his post count and join date.  :blink: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

put an emphasis on 'fury' in the sound and the fury. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I remember...a few years ago....someone said something about Russian trolls.  Then they said "Shh...don't say anything or you will bring them"  I thought it was pretty funny/weird.   I didn't know what that meant at the time.  How long has rebelbacker been around?

Posted Image

26 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I thought you guys were joking until I saw his post count and join date.  :blink: 

Living in that prepper bunker gives Thomas way too much free time. And he spends it here 24/7/365.

See the source image

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

Living in that prepper bunker gives Thomas way too much free time. And he spends it here 24/7/365.

See the source image

Maybe he retired recently and has a lot of free time?  I mean, I’m not going to complain about people posting on my website but I also don’t want other people to be crowded out...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I remember...a few years ago....someone said something about Russian trolls.  Then they said "Shh...don't say anything or you will bring them"  I thought it was pretty funny/weird.   I didn't know what that meant at the time.  How long has rebelbacker been around?

Says the guy that has Lenin as his avatar and is further left than Mao. 

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

669447E1-2DBA-47E4-985E-0639C473AD40.gif

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Hey man, I have been a "Russian troll" since before you guys at the Kremlin ever thought of it!  

Posted Image

29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Maybe he retired recently and has a lot of free time?  I mean, I’m not going to complain about people posting on my website but I also don’t want other people to be crowded out...

Thomas knows I'm kidding. He and I have joked around back and forth over the last month. He's got a better sense of humor than most of the Trump supporters here.

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I had to take a break from this place because of exactly what you're saying.  Too many trolls dominating the threads.  And it's not difference of opinion...it's just jibberish, name calling and deflection. Very little discussion of the topics.  Just a discussion about posters. I will continue my break now.

1 hour ago, crixus said:

See the source image

Hell, a prepper bunker with Internet Access?

What in the hell is the world coming to?!?!

Damn, should have bought a generator after Y2K, when they were all fire sale cheap!

Without a bunker, I'd have to live in my van, and fish to eat.giphy.gif

I do enjoy the differing viewpoints coming from the geographic albatross known as the Mountain West Conference.  Happy you guys have us participate.

On the sports board side, I miss that StanfordTrojan poster/troll.  “Huge and insurmountable” he would say.  Made for great memes and a feeling of how we as a conference deserve better.  An external foe. 

Sports has sort of taken a backseat to the feeling of unease I have about our national unity in things that matter most.  

1 hour ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

I do enjoy the differing viewpoints coming from the geographic albatross known as the Mountain West Conference.  Happy you guys have us participate.

On the sports board side, I miss that StanfordTrojan poster/troll.  “Huge and insurmountable” he would say.  Made for great memes and a feeling of how we as a conference deserve better.  An external foe. 

Sports has sort of taken a backseat to the feeling of unease I have about our national unity in things that matter most.  

It will be football season soon.  And all will be right with the board.