Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Each school's football record since the MWC 2.0 was formed (2011-2017)

17 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

I was referring CSU’s record against SJSU  this decade, not USU.

Oh ok.

CSU still leads the all time series against SJSU and the last 2 were blowout wins.

14 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Thank you Sir.

Clearly, Boise has set the standard.   I was most surprised to see the success of USU.   They have performed better than I expected.

You are counting a couple of WAC years after every team of consequence had already left the league.  I would be interested to see how USU has done against teams that finished the season with winning records-- or how they have done against power conference teams.  My feeling is they have mostly beaten up on bad teams .

I still wonder if Hair had invited Houston and another TX school instead of Fresno and Reno initially, how things may have turned out.  I know TCU still would've gone, but how would things have ended up?  Just a curiosity.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, Boise fan said:

I still wonder if Hair had invited Houston and another TX school instead of Fresno and Reno initially, how things may have turned out.  I know TCU still would've gone, but how would things have ended up?  Just a curiosity.

Missing out on Houston and SMU was a bug mistake.  Hair acted without thinking.

19 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Missing out on Houston and SMU was a bug mistake.  Hair acted without thinking.

The only 2 SMART things Hair has ever done are

1- Inviting TCU (But he should have invited Boise St at the same time)

2- Killing the WAC when it became clear that BYU was trying to find a home there.

Other than that, every single Thompson decision has been utter excrement.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The only 2 SMART things Hair has ever done are

1- Inviting TCU (But he should have invited Boise St at the same time)

2- Killing the WAC when it became clear that BYU was trying to find a home there.

Other than that, every single Thompson decision has been utter excrement.

Not sure why you are celebrating Thompson killing the WAC to stop BYU.  BYU just ended up joining the WCC (which was about on par with the WAC at the time).  And Thompson ended up enviting a few schools with terrible, below .500 records (Fresno, SJSU).

Thompson probably should have tried to add Houston and SMU at the time, instead.

On 7/16/2018 at 1:22 PM, #1Stunner said:

In rank order.   Also, USU and SJSU's numbers include a couple of WAC seasons. (since they joined a bit later).

BOISE
73-19 (7 bowl appearances)

SDSU
64-29 (7 bowl appearances)

USU
52-40 (6 bowl appearances)

AFA 
48-42 (5 bowl appearances)

CSU
46-43 (5 bowl appearances)

----Below .500 ---- CUTOFF -----

FRESNO
44-47 (4 bowl appearances)

NEVADA
40-48 (4 bowl appearances)

WYOMING
39-49 (3 bowl appearances)

SAN JOSE
36-50 (2 bowl appearances)

NEW MEXICO
31-56 (2 bowl appearances)

HAWAII
27-62 (1 bowl appearance)

UNLV
25-62 (1 bowl appearance)

I don't think these numbers are accurate.  2011-17 constitutes 7 years and this compilation has most teams with over 90 games (or close to it).  Which doesn't add up given that most schools play a max of 12-13 games per year if you include bowls (or the Hawaii exemption).  And TCU was in the MWC in 2011 so I don't think the implied putdown ("MWC 2.0") is all that accurate either.  TCU's 2011-17 record is 62-19 and 74-19 if you include 2010, which I think this compilation does.  A "real" comparison of MWC school records would start in 2012 after TCU left and when most of the new schools joined and would only consist of 6 years.  Why were 2 extra years included?

8 minutes ago, Jared said:

I don't think these numbers are accurate.  2011-17 constitutes 7 years and this compilation has most teams with over 90 games (or close to it).  Which doesn't add up given that most schools play a max of 12-13 games per year if you include bowls (or the Hawaii exemption).  And TCU was in the MWC in 2011 so I don't think the implied putdown ("MWC 2.0") is all that accurate either.  TCU's 2011-17 record is 62-19 and 74-19 if you include 2010, which I think this compilation does.  A "real" comparison of MWC school records would start in 2012 after TCU left and when most of the new schools joined and would only consist of 6 years.  Why were 2 extra years included?

Correct, MW 2.0 didn't really begin until the 2012 season.

12 hours ago, Spot50B said:

You are counting a couple of WAC years after every team of consequence had already left the league.  I would be interested to see how USU has done against teams that finished the season with winning records-- or how they have done against power conference teams.  My feeling is they have mostly beaten up on bad teams .

Outside of Boise and SDSU, no one in the MW has really done great against P5 teams or teams with winning records. When you're in the MW, you are beating up on mostly bad teams especially if you're playing Hawaii, SJSU, UNLV, and recently Nevada every year. Hell even Fresno was pretty bad until last year. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Outside of Boise and SDSU, no one in the MW has really done great against P5 teams or teams with winning records. When you're in the MW, you are beating up on mostly bad teams especially if you're playing Hawaii, SJSU, UNLV, and recently Nevada every year. Hell even Fresno was pretty bad until last year. 

Actually, Fresno was probably the best all around team the first two years (2012, 2013) because they had the best QB in the conf by a mile. From 2014-2016 you are correct tho.

7 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Actually, Fresno was probably the best all around team the first two years (2012, 2013) because they had the best QB in the conf by a mile. From 2014-2016 you are correct tho.

That’s true, they were very good with Carr then slipped when he left. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 7/16/2018 at 11:44 AM, #1Stunner said:

Thomas,

This is showing from 2011-2017.  This is when BYU went Indy, and Utah joined the PAC12.  Also TCU left in 2012.  

It also shows when all of the WAC schools joined the new, higher competition MWC in 2011.

So 2011 to 2017, when the MWC 2.0 was formed.

The WAC was higher competition than the MW.