Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

2020 Potential Democratic Candidates for President....

Even though no one has officially announced they are running, several people are working behind the scenes to start getting support for a potential run:

Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Eric M Garcetti, Steve Bullock, and Kirsten Gillibrand all appear to be preparing themselves for potential runs at the office. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/us/politics/democratic-presidential-candidates-2020.html

Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn

Book it! This guy knows the pulse of the Democrat Party.

A Purple Heart for disgraced FBI agent Strzok:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/14/purple-heart-for-disgraced-fbi-agent-strzok-very-suggestion-is-insult-to-military.html

110926run_defense710.jpg

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Even though no one has officially announced they are running, several people are working behind the scenes to start getting support for a potential run:

Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Eric M Garcetti, Steve Bullock, and Kirsten Gillibrand all appear to be preparing themselves for potential runs at the office. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/us/politics/democratic-presidential-candidates-2020.html

Not one of these has a shot in hell at beating Trump in 2020.

39 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Whenever I think about Cory Booker, this is the first thing that comes to my mind. 

gz7tI3j.png

This is what I think of. 

5BB5F9E2-CFC1-4EFA-B204-919980323A49.jpeg

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Not one of these has a shot in hell at beating Trump in 2020.

Biden could.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Biden could.  

Oprah could

....neither is running.

Just now, Thomas said:

Oprah could

....neither is running.

There’s a good chance Joe may end up running.  

Just now, mugtang said:

There’s a good chance Joe may end up running.  

I hope not for Democrats' sakes.

The only two VPs to successfully run and win the Presidency in modern history without succession, etc, are Richard Nixon and George H.W. Bush.

Everyone else has failed.

Not a great statistical trend to be following-on with.

The rate for return failed POTUS candidates is even worse.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I hope not for Democrats' sakes.

The only two VPs to successfully run and win the Presidency in modern history without succession, etc, are Richard Nixon and George H.W. Bush.

Everyone else has failed.

Not a great statistical trend to be following-on with.

The rate for return failed POTUS candidates is even worse.

After the election of Trump, I don’t think we can look at previous trends as an indication of what will happen in the future. 

At this point, the Democratic Civil War is being won by the Progressive Leftists, and I bet you they will get their "Progressive" candidate nominated for 2020, will will be instant doom, since none of the swing voters & independents you need to win a POTUS election will vote for someone that far Left.

It will be entertaining to watch the Democratic Party doom themselves, in their quest to push ever further Left.

After 2020, they'll again spend all of their time blaming various things for their election loss, anything but analyzing where they went wrong, and how to fix it going forward. The blindness there is staggering.

Just now, mugtang said:

After the election of Trump, I don’t think we can look at previous trends as an indication of what will happen in the future. 

When Trump won the GOP nomination, I predicted that by 2024, we'd see an election between say a Kardashian, and a Hip Hop Star. (or some equivalent).

It could happen; seems more likely every passing day.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

When Trump won the GOP nomination, I predicted that by 2024, we'd see an election between say a Kardashian, and a Hip Hop Star. (or some equivalent).

It could happen; seems more likely every passing day.

I hope not 

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I hope not 

Agree, but when you can win the nomination of one of the 2 major parties as a former reality TV star, all bets are off, right?

8 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Warren doesn't have the personality.  Sanders is too far left to get elected, but has a tremendous following.  I just can't see him ever winning.  No to any of the other guys or ladies not named Biden at this time.  I think Joe has a puncher's chance.  I could see Warren as a VP candidate, but not presidential.  

3 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Warren doesn't have the personality.  Sanders is too far left to get elected, but has a tremendous following.  I just can't see him ever winning.  No to any of the other guys or ladies not named Biden at this time.  I think Joe has a puncher's chance.  I could see Warren as a VP candidate, but not presidential.  

Warren is toast up front for lying for years about her "Native American Heritage". She used it & Affirmative Action selection to get her Law Teaching position, and has used it wrongly to get elected to various offices. She can deflect and make excuses till she's blue in the face, but the fact remains that she lied about the whole thing, and has zero interest in putting it to the test, because she lied.

Seriously, it's not a passing thing when it's listed on her campaign posters, and she has items like the "Pow Wow Chow" native cookbook as campaign materials. (I am NOT making this up, that frickin' cookbook is real!) The most RACIST thing ever is claiming to be a protected-class race, when you know you're not.

Trump would gut Pocahontas like a fish.

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Warren is toast up front for lying for years about her "Native American Heritage". She used it & Affirmative Action selection to get her Law Teaching position, and has used it wrongly to get elected to various offices. She can deflect and make excuses till she's blue in the face, but the fact remains that she lied about the whole thing, and has zero interest in putting it to the test, because she lied.

Trump would gut Pocahontas like a fish.

Trump has proven clearly both as president as a candidate that not just lying, but being a complete jerk at times doesn't matter if you can galvanize your base.  The guy literally got caught bragging about grabbing women between the legs and people didn't care.  Women bleeding from wherever when he didn't like questions from one of debates.  Making fun of a handicapped person, literally shaking his arms in a rally.  And his fans still loved him for it.  I highly doubt anything related to Native American Heritage would disqualify Warren.  

I do believe it takes a special talent to pull off what Trump did and behave the way he did and say the things other candidates couldn't.  I don't think Warren has the personality to go up against Trump, but Biden does.  And Warren would do just fine in debates with Pence.  They would both put people to sleep.  She could hold her own though with her experience and knowledge of world and US politics, and give Biden cover to do what he does.  I can see Sanders making a serious run at VP as well, assuming he doesn't get the party presidential nomination again.