Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Putin-Trump Meeting

Nice write up courtesty of the network known for responsible journalism.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/17/trump-meets-putin-and-fallout-accomplishes-politically-impossible-helsinki-unites-gop-democrats.html

Most disturbing was President Trump’s unwillingness to support his intelligence agencies in their finding of Russian meddling. For a sitting U.S. president to say publicly that he believes a foreign leader more than his own intelligence team shocked many on both sides of the aisle.

Ailing Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., – a frequent Trump critic – tweeted that the president had “abased himself” before a “Russian thug.” McCain said Trump had given “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory.”

“The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate,” McCain said.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska called President Trump’s statements “bizarre and flat-out wrong.”

The president’s ravings were too much even for outgoing House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis. “Russia is not our ally,” Ryan responded. “There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals.”

Republican stalwart and former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich called Trump’s performance “the most serious mistake of his presidency.”

Among Republicans, Trump had few defenders. Only his faithful Veep, Mike Pence, praised the summit performance, and Senator Rand Paul -- in a tweet. 

29 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’re such a dumb ass. You’ve proven time after time that you aren’t a big boy interested in facts. You hate Trump and have this little idea in your head about how evil and corrupt he is. You want so badly for it to be reality. So you’ll do anything from making things up to spinning news stories, etc. to back up what you desire to be reality. This is a textbook case of TDS if there ever was one. 

I don’t do anything but follow the facts to determine what’s really going on. That’s not easy these days when you have Fox slanting right on their opinion shows and outfits such as CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC that have just flat out turned into crazy ‘resistance’ left wing activists. 

Wait, wait, wait.... you, the peddler of all sorts of anti-Trump conspiracy theories, simply "follow the facts" to know what's going on?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Wait, wait, wait.... you, the peddler of all sorts of anti-Trump conspiracy theories, simply "follow the facts" to know what's going on?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Someone needs to write “How to follow the Trump facts” book for dummy’s... because it takes about three seconds of listening/watching to him to figure out something’s seriously off. 

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why in the fvck do you follow DD? When you quote these people it gives them a voice and to be important. If everyone ignored him, he wouldn't exist. But, I know, Trump cheap shots are more important than giving that prick a voice.

You might not realize this, but he speaks for a % of the GOP base :(

I’m a supporter of Trump and even though this was a disappointing week for him , I still remain a Trump supporter. I will keep an open mind for a reasonable explanation. 

There was certainly meddling by Russia in the election and it was done to cause chaos in our society to the point where we are wanting to tear each other’s throats out. The Russians desire to cause chaos in our society has been a tremendous success as evidenced by the hate and vitriol in this and other threads. 

I don’t get the hatred towards @Thomaseither and the desire to run him off. He says things people disagree with and a lot of it , but he he is not hateful or disrespectful from what I have seen. Do we need to subscribe to a pre approved list to of opinions before we can be welcome on the MWC board. 

Football cant get here soon enough, Go Broncos ! 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I’m a supporter of Trump and even though this was a disappointing week for him , I still remain a Trump supporter. I will keep an open mind for a reasonable explanation. 

There was certainly meddling by Russia in the election and it was done to cause chaos in our society to the point where we are wanting to tear each other’s throats out. The Russians desire to cause chaos in our society has been a tremendous success as evidenced by the hate and vitriol in this and other threads. 

I don’t get the hatred towards @Thomaseither and the desire to run him off. He says things people disagree with and a lot of it , but he he is not hateful or disrespectful from what I have seen. Do we need to subscribe to a pre approved list to of opinions before we can be welcome on the MWC board. 

It's refreshing to hear Trump supporters say they are disappointed with this week.  I haven't seen anyone trying to run off Thomas, but i don't read every single post on this site either. 

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

So you stand with the guy who's a main instrument in the disruption of American society !! :thumbsup: 

People stood behind all kinds of crackpots & despots throughout history 

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

It's refreshing to hear Trump supporters say they are disappointed with this week.  I haven't seen anyone trying to run off Thomas, but i don't read every single post on this site either. 

Only the most blindly loyal trump fan could sit by and see nothing was wrong with the clowns performance yesterday...........oddly tho, they still stand behind him even though he's a proven incompetent & borderline treasonous - I guess if he's your guy, he's your guy to the very end not matter show idiotic it gets !! :cheer:

6 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

So you stand with the guy who's a main instrument in the disruption of American society !! :thumbsup: 

People stood behind all kinds of crackpots & despots throughout history 

He didn’t say he was standing with Putin. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

Yes, that percentage is 0.0001%

Try maybe a good 10% - Or don't you know your own GOP ?!?! 

Steve King of Iowa has a lot in his voting base & King even promotes it  

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Yes, that percentage is 0.0001%

Well that would completely explain why Trump said there were many fine people on BOTH sides of a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville.   I give you props though for calling out his performance yesterday.  

35 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

@Thomas

Homeboy never follows up on any of the stupid shit he says. Go ahead and keep hitching your wagon to your brother in arms, though. 

Edit: hit the dopey button all you want... give me an example of him being confronted with a counter argument and him actually even pretending to make an effort to defend a statement. I sure haven't seen it. Even Tools will give a full-throated defense of why the war of northern aggression was wrong when prodded. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Try maybe a good 10% - Or don't you know your own GOP ?!?! 

Steve King of Iowa has a lot in his voting base & King even promotes it  

You are an absolute idiot and a left wing hack and zealot. 

You actually think 10% of the GOP is in the KKK . You've said hundreds of really dumb things over the years but this may be the dumbest.

Nationwide, there are still an estimated 3,000 Klan members and unaffiliated people who "identify with Klan ideology," according to the ADL. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2017-08-14/the-kkk-is-still-based-in-22-states-in-the-us-in-2017

The estimated voting age population in 2016 was 250,000,056

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_the_United_States_presidential_elections

Per Gallup in 2017 24% of the population of eligible voters identified as Republicans. That's over 60,000,000 people. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_U.S._states

So according to you that means 6,000,000 people in the GOP are either members of the KKK or believe and want David +++++ing Duke to speak for them. 

You are a complete fool. 

8 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Homeboy never follows up on any of the stupid shit he says. Go ahead and keep hitching your wagon to your brother in arms, though. 

Everybody on this board states opinion without backing it up. I do it, you do it, we all do it. 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Everybody on this board states opinion without backing it up. I do it, you do it, we all do it. 

No, he throws out a hot take and then when anyone counters with specific argument in good faith and tries to engage a response from him in defense of his dopey flames, he never follows up. That's fine, he gets to do it. But no one in here should take him seriously just because he trolls in their favor. There are plenty of conservatives (and liberals, btw) who make this board better even though I think they're wrong. He's not one of them. 

That being said, he's welcome to stay and annoy everyone. Tools has practically made a career of it. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.