Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Putin-Trump Meeting

As I understand it, Putin's "offer" was to allow a trial involving both U.S. and Russian authorities.

To be held on Russian soil. Before a Russian court?

Yet Mr. No Collusion called that a "marvelous" idea.

Speaking of no collusion, there are reasons to be very skeptical about that. However, now that Trump has said so 1,000 times, it must be true.

/s/ The Base

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Gosh, I sure hope he shows up on time for Putin after being 15 mins late for the queen.  The meltdown would be epic!!!

Actually, Putin kept Nacho Duce waiting for an hour.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

From the UK: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/16/donald-trump-says-us-relationship-russia-has-never-worse-ahead/

Damn Limeys! After all the great things Trump just said about their prime minister they slant things like this! It's fake news I tell ya!

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

From the UK: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/16/donald-trump-says-us-relationship-russia-has-never-worse-ahead/

Damn Limeys! After all the great things Trump just said about their prime minister they misinterpret him like this! It's fake news I tell ya!

Denied COLLUSION, not denied Russian Meddling.

If only the News Media would report what actually went on...

SIGH.

16 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I just don't know how you trumpers can support statements like this...

WJWStUB.png

What a disgrace with this server nonsense.  "People are saying..."  "I haven't seen XYZ."

He could have been talking about Obama's birth certificate.  He was literally casting doubt on FBI conclusions and bringing up conspiracy theories.  

He finishes by "both sides...very good people"  WOW, it was a greatest hits of outrageous statements!  

Posted Image

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Denied COLLUSION, not denied Russian Meddling.

If only the News Media would report what actually went on...

SIGH.

Actually he completely conflated the two issues into one.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Trump missed a good opportunity to denounce any Russian meddling and warn of future consequences.   And it will continue to cost him politically.  

He could have done it in a friendly way without being coarse.  Just say, we have evidence of Russian officials meddling and if this type of thing happens again there will be costly sanctions.  And just leave it at that. 

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

Trump missed a good opportunity to denounce any Russian meddling and warn of future consequences.   And it will continue to cost him politically.  

He could have done it in a friendly way without being coarse.  Just say, we have evidence of Russian officials meddling and if this type of thing happens again there will be costly sanctions.  And just leave it at that. 

Finally.

A rational criticism, without the whole "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" in it.

Turning the emotion knob down to zero on Trump commentary is the most useful tool possible.

U.S. Senator Ben Sasse issued the following statement regarding the President’s statement that he holds “both countries responsible” for the deteriorated relationship between the United States and Russia. 

“This is bizarre and flat-out wrong. The United States is not to blame. America wants a good relationship with the Russian people but Vladimir Putin and his thugs are responsible for Soviet-style aggression. When the President plays these moral equivalence games, he gives Putin a propaganda win he desperately needs.”

https://www.sasse.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/7/sasse-the-united-states-is-not-to-blame