Jump to content
RiverCityBronco

Trump says the EU is a foe of the U. S.

Recommended Posts

Is Russia screwing the US on trade too?  Does the US even have a deep trade relationship with Russia for Trump to merit calling them a “foe on trade”?

What exactly do you want him to say?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Is Russia screwing the US on trade too?  Does the US even have a deep trade relationship with Russia for Trump to merit calling them a “foe on trade”?

What exactly do you want him to say?

How about calling out the country that has been sabotaging our electoral system, and continues to do so?  Seems like that is foe-worthy to me.  I’m mean, if you are going to throw around the the word, then it certainly seems like that would be a good occasion.  And maybe use the word less toward our allies, or maybe not at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Interesting that he hasn’t said anything close to that harsh about the Russians. At least not while president. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-eu-foe/trump-calls-eu-a-foe-on-trade-cbs-news-interview-idUSKBN1K50R6

The EU has been a competitor of the US ever since the formed the Euro, and started trying to get it used as a world reserve currency.

But keep freaking out over what Trump says, since you can't figure out that you're being trolled.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump needs to choose his words more carefully but I don’t think he meant it as an enemy.  

Quote

Asked who is the United States’ biggest foe globally, Trump said, “Well I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now you wouldn’t think of the European Union but they’re a foe. 

“Russia is a foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn’t mean they are bad. It doesn’t mean anything. It means that they are competitive.”

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

The EU has been a competitor of the US ever since the formed the Euro, and started trying to get it used as a world reserve currency.

But keep freaking out over what Trump says, since you can't figure out that you're being trolled.

 

And go ahead and keep uncritically defending everything he does.  It’s okay to be critical of someone you support. As a matter of fact it’s imperative.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trumps quote was true. More ado about nothing. TDS as usual. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Trump needs to choose his words more carefully but I don’t think he meant it as an enemy.  

 

In my world words have a generally accepted meaning and a foe is an enemy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The EU has been a competitor of the US ever since the formed the Euro, and started trying to get it used as a world reserve currency.

But keep freaking out over what Trump says, since you can't figure out that you're being trolled.

 

He shouldn’t be referring to the EU as a foe. They’re an ally but a competitor in the global economy when it comes to trade. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

In my world words have a generally accepted meaning and a foe is an enemy. 

 

Just now, mugtang said:

He shouldn’t be referring to the EU as a foe. They’re an ally but a competitor in the global economy when it comes to trade. 

See above 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Trumps quote was true. More ado about nothing. TDS as usual. 

All of his tweets are that way. But words do matter. Anyone who has ever been in relationship can attest to that.  Also it's tone and tenor.  Which surprisingly as a sales person he has never mastered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

In my world words have a generally accepted meaning and a foe is an enemy. 

Foe can have a range of meanings. It can mean your opponent in a tennis match. It doesn’t have to be an enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

How about calling out the country that has been sabotaging our electoral system, and continues to do so?  Seems like that is foe-worthy to me.  I’m mean, if you are going to throw around the the word, then it certainly seems like that would be a good occasion.  And maybe use the word less toward our allies, or maybe not at all. 

Apples to Oranges...  but it is hilarious how libs want to spin and twist everything about Trump into RUSSIA!!!  The 1980’s called, they want their foreign policy back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rudolro said:

All of his tweets are that way. But words do matter. Anyone who has ever been in relationship can attest to that.  Also it's tone and tenor.  Which surprisingly as a sales person he has mastered.

Anyone who has studied history should know that words can have serious consequence when it comes to politics and diplomacy. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Apples to Oranges...  but it is hilarious how libs want to spin and twist everything about Trump into RUSSIA!!!  The 1980’s called, they want their foreign policy back!

The 1980s called, it wants it’s “better dead than red” Republicans back.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how fast "never Trump" has changed into "defend whatever Trump does or says no matter what".

Trump rips our closest allies constantly and never has anything even mildly bad to say about a country that attacked and subverted our democracy.

Big damn picture. Countries that Trump praises (North Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey under Erdogan) are bad actors on the world stage. They're authoritarian dictatorships ruled by corrupt tyrants. Countries that he attacks (Canada, Germany, the UK) have been our closest friends for decades. They're liberal democracies that share what used to be our values.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Anyone who has studied history should know that words can have serious consequence when it comes to politics and diplomacy. 

True. BTW I was trying to bring to level that the cultist could understand.

 

Edit:. I missed a very important word. NEVER 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Interesting that he hasn’t said anything close to that harsh about the Russians. At least not while president. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-eu-foe/trump-calls-eu-a-foe-on-trade-cbs-news-interview-idUSKBN1K50R6

Don’t lie. He literally calls Russia a foe in the next sentence.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

It's amazing how fast "never Trump" has changed into "defend whatever Trump does or says no matter what".

Trump rips our closest allies constantly and never has anything even mildly bad to say about a country that attacked and subverted our democracy.

Big damn picture. Countries that Trump praises (North Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey under Erdogan) are bad actors on the world stage. They're authoritarian dictatorships ruled by corrupt tyrants. Countries that he attacks (Canada, Germany, the UK) have been our closest friends for decades. They're liberal democracies that share what used to be our values.

I can't believe how many of the "well I don't like Trump, but he was better than Hillary" Republicans have turned into "OMG TRUMP IS PLAYING 11D CHESS WITH YOU CUCKS!!!!!!!" Trumpublicans. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blah blah blah...  RUSSIA!  Blah blah blah...  RUSSIA!  Blah blah blah...  RUSSIA!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×