Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

Trump says the EU is a foe of the U. S.

5 minutes ago, rudolro said:

That's the problem you should be. He's a  representative of you and me and I'm offended by him with every tweet and action he does.  We deserve better. 

Tough shit.

I was offended by Obama's apologizing for things that weren't even our fault, and bowing and cowtowing to these same leaders.

I lived. I didn't live my life obsessed with every word & let it destroy my whole life..

You Trump-haters seriously need a good therapist.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Again, they're arguing the semantics of e ery wirs he says, even though zero policies toward NATO, etc have been changed. They just can't live in reality, they have to jump like fish at every tad of bait he's throwing out.

What a joke, a message board full of idiots, who are being trolled hard by the guy, but couldn't identify it, not admit to falling for it over & over.

It's like they've learned nothing in being here.

But I'm sure they'll dismiss what I'm pointing out... on to the next Trump attack with fake news, misquoting, focus on tone, not substance, whining about policy changes that exist only in their TDS-addled minds.

It’s not a good thing that our President purposely trolls the opposition into irrational overreaction.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes, criticize Trump for not going far enough if you want. But don’t lie, saying he’s never said anything close when he literally calls them the same thing a sentence later. 

It’s hard to take the legitimate criticisms of Trump seriously when they are leveled at the same rate as disingenuous ones.

Yeah, that's fair and I acknowledge that.

But do you also acknowledge in return the pattern I laid out earlier? Trump seems waaay more comfortable and willing to defend world leaders that the U.S. traditionally - both parties - have considered enemies of the United States and not promoting little-d democratic values? 

You're right on the narrow point that Trump did indeed limber up to call Putin a foe "in certain respects" the day after 12 different members of the Russian Intelligence Service were indicted for subverting our elections, but he's twisted himself into knots trying not to call out Russia for their various misdeeds up to and including assassinating people in the UK. 

That's some soft bigotry of low expectations there.

That's why I stated "big picture" earlier. On the narrow point, sure, Trump tepidly offered some tiny amount of lukewarm "oh and Russia too" shit. But you're smart enough that you see the pattern.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Again, they're arguing the semantics of every word he says, even though zero policies toward NATO, etc have been changed. They just can't live in reality, they have to jump like fish at every tad of bait he's throwing out.

What a joke, a message board full of idiots, who are being trolled hard by the guy, but couldn't identify it, not admit to falling for it over & over.

It's like they've learned nothing in being here.

But I'm sure they'll dismiss what I'm pointing out... on to the next Trump attack with fake news, misquoting, focus on tone, not substance, whining about policy changes that exist only in their TDS-addled minds.

You know, other than the trade war that he's gotten us into.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Tough shit.

I was offended by Obama's apologizing for things that weren't even our fault, and bowing and cowtowing to these same leaders.

I lived. I didn't live my life obsessed with every word & let it destroy my whole life..

You Trump-haters seriously need a good therapist.

Jesus Christ this isn't about Obama. This is about Trump. The sooner you figure it out the better we will be. Live in real time.

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

But do you also acknowledge in return the pattern I laid out earlier? Trump seems waaay more comfortable and willing to defend world leaders that the U.S. traditionally - both parties - have considered enemies of the United States and not promoting little-d democratic values? 

You're right on the narrow point that Trump did indeed limber up to call Putin a foe "in certain respects" the day after 12 different members of the Russian Intelligence Service were indicted for subverting our elections, but he's twisted himself into knots trying not to call out Russia for their various misdeeds up to and including assassinating people in the UK. 

That's why I stated "big picture" earlier. On the narrow point, sure, Trump tepidly offered some tiny amount of lukewarm "oh and Russia too" shit. But you're smart enough that you see the pattern.

EXACTLY!

1 minute ago, rudolro said:

Jesus Christ this isn't about Obama. This is about Trump. The sooner you figure it out the better we will be. Live in real time.

Everything is about Obama (and even Hillary) for the Trumpublicans. They view Trump as this savior who is righting the wrongs that Obama committed, and putting the country back on the "right", track.

Just now, retrofade said:

Everything is about Obama (and even Hillary) for the Trumpublicans. They view Trump as this savior who is righting the wrongs that Obama committed, and putting the country back on the "right", track.

Yep. Except Trump is not a republican and they're buying into this BS.

Trump is a destroyer not builder as he claims.

Just now, rudolro said:

Trump is a destroyer not builder as he claims.

Unfortunately, Trump is a Repulbican as things are defined today... he's transformed the party into the Trumpblican party. They're not the Republican party of even 20 years ago... they're every bit as radicalized as they accuse the Democrats of being. 

Just now, rudolro said:

This. A thousand times this.

Conservative, democracy promoting Republicans should be FURIOUS at what he's doing to their party. Eisenhower weeps. 

Hell, Reagan weeps. "Evil empire"

9 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Of course you don’t Retro. And the OP is “anything close to as harsh”, not equally as critical. It’s not true, and assuming he read the article he posted, it’s a purposeful untruth.

I can see your point there... but I hope that you can also see the different degree in which Trump talks about the EU as a "foe" as compared to Russer and Cjjhhiiiina.

3 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Yes, Trump sucks on calling out Russia for what they are. It’s a fair criticism and well deserved. He’s also a poor friend to the EU. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, nocoolnamejim said:

Conservative, democracy promoting Republicans should be FURIOUS at what he's doing to their party. Eisenhower weeps. 

Reagan would be too much of a liberal cuck for the Trumpublicans.

15 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's an issue of gradation. 

EU = Foe

Russer = Foe in certain respects

Cjjhhiina = Economic foe

I don't think that the OP is a lie, as Trump hasn't said anything as harsh about Russia as he just did about the EU... however, it does ignore the part where he has used relatively harsh language about Russer. 

Have fun in Dimension B ot reality, hanging on every word Trump says.

The rest of us over here in Dimension A will just live normal, happy lives.

giphy (8).gif

Just now, Thomas said:

Have fun in Dimension B ot reality, hanging on every word Trump says.

The rest of us over here in Dimension A will just live normal, happy lives.

11D chess, eh Q?

2 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I left to independent on Bush 2. I don't even recognize this paty today

52 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Reagan would be too much of a liberal cuck for the Trumpublicans.

You're just not old enough to remember. According to Democrats, Reagan was always "going to start World War III", no matter what he said or did.

It was just as irrational as all of your freaking out over every word from Trump's mouth. Not one bit different from today.

3 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I left to independent on Bush 2. I don't even recognize this paty today

I was a registered Republican parts of 2001 - 2003. From then on I have been a registered independent/decline to state aside from a six month stint as a registered Libertarian following Trump's election. Most of the GOP of 2001 - 2003 would vomit if they saw how they've turned into the Trumpublican party today. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You're just not old enough to remember. According to Democrats, Reagan was always "going to start Wold War III", no matter what he said or did.

It was just as irrational as all of your freaking out over every word from Trump's mouth. Not one bit different from today.

I'm old enough to remember and this statement is just wrong.