Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

Trump says the EU is a foe of the U. S.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Exactly. I have had close friendships ruined over TDS. They obsess over it. I thought Obama was a moron, but I didn’t let it drive me batshit crazy, or ruin friendships. 

People that obsess that much over politics are pathetic and sad. 

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Exactly. I have had close friendships ruined over TDS. They obsess over it. I thought Obama was a moron, but I didn’t let it drive me batshit crazy, or ruin friendships. 

Spot on.

None of it is worth ruining your life over, obsessing over or anything of the sort.

Political, partisan blindness, coupled with a deep depression that is totally concocted & unnecessary.

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

People like you flipped their shit when Obama used dijon mustard in a burger, because it meant that he was out of touch. Oh, and ho wcan we forget the whole tan suit debacle. 

I never cared what Obama did and said, only his policy changes, which were far more drastic than anything real Trump has done.

I don't believe that governing by executive fiat is wise long-term- neither does Trump, who keeps pressing Congress to act on various issues.

Just now, Thomas said:

I never cared what Obama did and said, only his policy changes, which were far more drastic than anything real Trump has done.

I don't believe that governing by executive fiat is wise long-term- neither does Trump, who keeps pressing Congress to act on various issues.

His tariffs are a perfect example of ruling by fiat. He has the flimsiest of bases for the tariffs. How do put a tariff on Canada with a national security rationale when your own Pentagon classifies the Canadian steel as a strategically secure supply?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

Yep. Except Trump is not a republican and they're buying into this BS.

Trump is a destroyer not builder as he claims.

Neither are most of his supporters, they just think they are. In reality, they're just scared little nationalist who can't handle the fact that the rest of the world is catching up. They would be even more frightened if they knew that regardless of what Trump does, or doesn't do in the next 2-6 years, in the long run it won't matter. The world becomes smaller every day, the USA can be part of it or not but it will continue to evolve.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I am curious. Do you enjoy gargling Trump's balls? Or is it just something that you're required to do as part of your fight against the DEEP STATE!!!!!?

Additionally, engaging in trade wars with countries all around the world is "governing by executive fiat" no matter how tasty Trump's balls might be to you. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I am curious. Do you enjoy gargling Trump's balls? Or is it just something that you're required to do as part of your fight against the DEEP STATE!!!!!?

Additionally, engaging in trade wars with countries all around the world is "governing by executive fiat" no matter how tasty Trump's balls might be to you. 

I enjoy your 11 year old girl-meltdowns.

55 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Come on now Joe. 

Seriously? We should do nothing? Shouldn't even condemn and acknowledge the attack? Demand that the individuals responsible be extradited to stand trial? Cancel Trump's upcoming visit? There are PLENTY of actions that can be taken in response short of nuclear warfare.

But we should do NOTHING? Appeasement only causes the aggressors to be more aggressive has been a bedrock part of the Republican platform since Neville Chamberlain bought "peace in our time". The thought process that not standing up for yourself makes further aggressive actions MORE LIKELY.

If Hillary Clinton had been elected with help from a hostile foreign power and continually advanced that foreign power's interests on the world stage and aggressively attacked our own allies, and then our own intelligence agencies were unanimous in what happened...and then a special counsel of Hillary's own party indicted 12 members of that foreign power's intelligence services for attacking our elections you'd be calling for her impeachment.

Consistency. 

+++++ it. Let's start a nuclear holocaust over 12 Russian spies who were....well, spying. 

And it's not like the US hasn't done shit similar. Hell, the US intelligence bureaus are far more egregious in their election meddling than the Ruskies could ever Vodka-dream of being. . 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

+++++ it. Let's start a nuclear holocaust over 12 Russian spies who were....well, spying. 

And it's not like the US hasn't done shit similar. Hell, the US intelligence bureaus are far more egregious in their election meddling than the Ruskies could ever Vodka-dream of being. . 

Generally we just boot out some embassy or consulate staff which are generally spies anyways. Russians do the same with our staff. Not sure why there is a desire to take it any further other than the fervor to impeach trump I guess.

14 minutes ago, retrofade said:

11D chess, amirite, Q?

0D chess with botched quotes is enough to make you go ballistic, so whatever.

It isn't complicated to avoid a state of eternal meltdown over minutia.

...for adults.

Seriously, go cry over the 2016 elections by yourself. Here we are, and coming unhinged over every sentence uttered is stupid.

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Yeppers. Our country has done plenty of things that are similar. Part of the reason that the Middle East is the god damned shit show it is currently is due to our meddling. I'm 100% with you on all of that.

Where I'm not with you is that you kind of casually leap over the gigantic chasm between "responding diplomatically and condemning election interference" to "let's start a nuclear holocaust".

I'm going to be a bit blunt here because I prefer more debate partners over fewer debate partners, but that response is just flat out silly IMHO. The whole point of my last post was that we can respond to what was done to us without either going back to the Cold War or a nuclear war. There's a middle ground between not responding at all and the effing end of all mankind

I don't think you really responded to that in the spirit of us discussing this. I'd like that to change. 

2 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Yeppers. Our country has done plenty of things that are similar. Part of the reason that the Middle East is the god damned shit show it is currently is due to our meddling. I'm 100% with you on all of that.

Where I'm not with you is that you kind of casually leap over the gigantic chasm between "responding diplomatically and condemning election interference" to "let's start a nuclear holocaust".

I'm going to be a bit blunt here because I prefer more debate partners over fewer debate partners, but that response is just flat out silly IMHO. The whole point of my last post was that we can respond to what was done to us without either going back to the Cold War or a nuclear war. There's a middle ground between not responding at all and the effing end of all mankind

I don't think you really responded to that in the spirit of us discussing this. I'd like that to change. 

You won't be happy until we are playing brinksmanship with the Ruskies. 

3 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Generally we just boot out some embassy or consulate staff which are generally spies anyways. Russians do the same with our staff. Not sure why there is a desire to take it any further other than the fervor to impeach trump I guess.

Seriously. 

My favorite was some article I read in Salon or something the last week that tried to assert that Trump had been a Russian Agent since 1987. 

I don't know what drugs these people take. But I want some. 

Just now, nocoolnamejim said:

What made you think that from my post?

I don't know. Your autistic shrieking over him "doing nothing" for starters maybe. 

39 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Wait, why would you let it ruin a friendship? If your friend is freaking out, can't you just ignore it and change the subject?

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

He's a die-hard Trumpublican that pretends he doesn't actually like Trump while defending everything Trump does and attacking anyone that doesn't like Trump.

I can separate Trump the man from his policies. Like Thomas says you need to look at what he does versus what he says. Most would obviously prefer he not be so abrasive. I’m in agreement with most of his policies. It doesn’t bother me that he calls out the Euros on their NATO obligations. Why should we bear the biggest share of defense? Why should they put bigger tariffs on our imports versus ours on theirs?

What’s wrong with looking out for America’s interests. No one else is looking out for ours. We do so much for the world and others spit on us. Look at how much money we give to foreign governments. I’m glad for once in a long time we have a president that puts America first. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I don't know. Your autistic shrieking over him "doing nothing" for starters maybe. 

I don't think I did that. 

I thought I suggested a few alternatives.

Acknowledge the attack

Demand the individuals responsible be extradited to stand trial

Cancel the upcoming visit to send a message

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know that any of those things rise to the level of nuclear brinkmanship?

Maybe you can walk me through how those suggested diplomatic responses to an attack on our free and fair elections made you believe I wouldn't be satisfied with anything short of nuclear brinkmanship?