Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Is BYU ok with the status quo?

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The MWC has undervalued and disrespected the State of New Mexico for far too long...

What are you offering us New Mexicans?

Most Lobo fans think BYU should come home to the MWC. But the MWC should not give the Borg any special treatment. We welcome you back as an equal partner or no deal. Personally I'm enjoying the dumpster fire the Borg has become. Serves you right. 

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Most Lobo fans think BYU should come home to the MWC. But the MWC should not give the Borg any special treatment. We welcome you back as an equal partner or no deal. Personally I'm enjoying the dumpster fire the Borg has become. Serves you right. 

Sean,

I'd be interested in seeing BYU's and New Mexico's records in football from 2011 through 2017.  

Has BYU been that bad???  I know that the New Mexico Bowl trophy is displayed on campus.

Right now, BYU is focused on the Enchantment Rivalry (BYU vs NM State).

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Sean,

I'd be interested in seeing BYU's and New Mexico's records in football from 2011 through 2017.  

Has BYU been that bad???  I know that the New Mexico Bowl trophy is displayed on campus.

Right now, BYU is focused on the Enchantment Rivalry (BYU vs NM State).

I'll take the bait Stunner. The fact that you would even say BYU is focused on the State game is the issue. BYU has a solid tradition of national relevance in the last 30 years. The problem is that the administration is tossing it away. It's not about the MWC. It is about independence. You play P5's who, with very few exceptions, club you. Your kids and your program can't sustain that. People lose interest and recruiting gets weaker.

BYU can't be Notre Dame. Hell, Notre Dame can't be Notre Dame anymore. You have a loyal following and that is great, but for how long? It's all about winning and you're not. It's not about New Mexico, it's not about the MWC, it's not about TV money. It's about poor choices and misplaced pride. 

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

We are proud.  Real proud.  I agree with you.

The AAC has invited BYU twice since BYU went Indy, and BYU politely declined.  CUSA is a friend.  ESPN is committed.  

The MWC has not invited BYU back, with Wyoming threatening a veto.  The front rangers won't have it, and are focused instead on the declining population of Wyoming.  Wyoming just started a "we need more cowboys" ad campaign, begging young people to move to their State.  The ad campaign has been criticized as racist by Wyoming professors...

But right now, BYU owes it to Gonzaga and the WCC.  Gonzaga stayed in the WCC out of loyalty and integrity.  No MWC school can offer Gonzaga what BYU can in the WCC.  The plan for the WCC is to seize control of the Denver market, by expanding and adding Denver U, and also adding Grand Canyon / Phoenix.  It will be two, huge markets.  Within 5 years.

For football, it is crucial that BYU continues to schedule the MWC.  We need long term deals with Boise and USU.   Hawaii is a dream opponent for BYU as well.  Hawaii is a sleeping giant.  Hoping that BYU can throw some cash Hawaii's way to get a deal done.

Rameumptom U.

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

We are proud.  Real proud.  I agree with you.

Doesn't your holy book say that pride leads to destruction?   Perhaps you could look that verse up, wherever it is, and share it with us.   

Guest #1Stunner
53 minutes ago, LKGates said:

Rameumptom U.

No unhallowed hand can stop BYU Cougar football glory.

USU fans may outrage, Ute mobs may combine, Boise fans may defame, but the glory of BYU football will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent....  

Guest #1Stunner
30 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

Doesn't your holy book say that pride leads to destruction?   Perhaps you could look that verse up, wherever it is, and share it with us.   

It says:

"Very, very, and we came to pass....and scored 50 points on Boise."  

#beatBoise

Guest #1Stunner

We will crush Boise.

We will soundly beat BYU Jr.

And we will beat Hawaii in a nail biter.

#BYUfootballglory

Independence is going exactly as I predicted at the time it happened: BYU sports are floundering, and FB/hoops performance is way down. 

Recruitng is suffering, and demographically, we're now through most of the Boomers' grandkids, and even LDS families have gotten much, much smaller after that. Boomers were the engine that made BYU a national program in the first place, and now, theyll sit & watch those dreams crushed under losing or barely winning, mediocre FB/hoops seasons.

BYU will continue to be mediocre, MWC will not take them back, and eventually, they'll figure out that they currently have ZERO shot at a NY6 Bowl, and will Join the AAC for that and a Conf Championship. They will CLAIM the move is for "exposure" in the other US Time Zones, however.

Stunner has some disappointing seasons coming up, and he'll probably become a closet Ute Fan.

38 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

It says:

"Very, very, and we came to pass....and scored 50 points on Boise."  

#beatBoise

OK, I looked it up for you - Proverbs 16:18 says "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall".

You believe your Holy Book, don't you? 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Independence is going exactly as I predicted at the time it happened: BYU sports are floundering, and FB/hoops performance is way down. 

Recruitng is suffering, and demographically, we're now through most of the Boomers' grandkids, and even LDS families have gotten much, much smaller after that.

BYU will continue to be mediocre, MWC will not take them back, and eventually, theyll figure out that they currently have, ZERO shot at a NY6 Bowl, and will Join the AAC fir tgat ane a Conf Championship. They will CLAIM the move is for "exposure" in the other US Time Zones, however.

Stunner has some disappointing seasons coming up, and he'll probably become a closet Ute Fan.

I want to see the numbers.

Win/Loss record of every MWC school compared to BYU, from 2011 to 2017 (not counting bowl games, since not every school playes in those).

Show me the data!

18 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

OK, I looked it up for you - Proverbs 16:18 says "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall".

You believe your Holy Book, don't you? 

BYU fans like Stunner reject their Mormon faith for a belief in the divinity of BYU sports. They are a heretical splinter cult of the mainstream Mormons, similar to the polygamist enclave sects on the Utah-Arizona border.

13 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Maybe BYU should drop down to fcs. I hear the big sky is looking to expand.

In all seriousness, I hope their silky pride prevents them from joining any conference, and then tbey'll continue their death spiral, and end up either FCS or dropping FB entirely.

If and when budget cutters come to power, and they're in the pipeline now, BYU football is finished.

21 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I want to see the numbers.

Win/Loss record of every MWC school compared to BYU, from 2011 to 2017 (not counting bowl games, since not every school playes in those).

Show me the data!

Get the data yourself.

I don't play your BYU troll games.

BYU as an independent/WCC is FVCKED, period.

The End.

Guest #1Stunner
23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

BYU fans like Stunner reject their Mormon faith for a belief in the divinity of BYU sports. They are a heretical splinter cult of the mainstream Mormons, similar to the polygamist enclave sects on the Utah-Arizona border.

#BYUbeatBoise

Guest #1Stunner

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Maybe BYU should drop down to fcs. I hear the big sky is looking to expand.

Weber State is an in state rival.  So is Idaho State

It can get intense at those basketball games!