Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Nice article about Stadium TV

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-spt-jerry-reinsdorf-multimedia-venture-rosenthal-20180621-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

I know I get made fun of regarding my fandom of Stadium,  but I see the potential of them and how the MW relationship with them can be a big boost for us.  They have the right people managing and the right owners with money to have this channel become a great OTA 24/7 station.

If they can truly get to be a 24/7 OTA HD channel that would be huge.  I wouldn't mind it as much.  If they stay away from the opinion shows and hot takes and stick to insiders and stats I think they could gain decent traction.  A lot of people are sick of what ESPN and FS1 has become.  As they grow i wonder if they will stick to their plan of not having opinion shows?

10 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

If they can truly get to be a 24/7 OTA HD channel that would be huge.  I wouldn't mind it as much.  If they stay away from the opinion shows and hot takes and stick to insiders and stats I think they could gain decent traction.  A lot of people are sick of what ESPN and FS1 has become.  As they grow i wonder if they will stick to their plan of not having opinion shows?

New Show coming soon to Stadium!

RebelRobert MWC Opinion Hour

Five days a week.  Featuring the one and only RebelRobert for five minutes once a week.

Enjoy it.

Stadium appears to be a viable secondary platform to ESPN Plus. 

More promising for 2019 Mountain West TV negotiations is that ESPN has already paid higher prices for the rights of two FBS conferences  that are currently with Stadium.  First and foremost, Raycom Media currently uses the Stadium platform for the ACC Digital Network (expected to be discontinued after 2019 when ESPN launches its own ACC Network ).  Second, Conference USA uses Stadium until their ESPN Plus deal kicks in too; CUSA doubled it's right's fees so that shows an increase can be achieved.

The Big 12 and the Mountain West are the two remaining FBS properties that ESPN hasn't already gotten an agreement to broadcast 'third tier' over a streaming platform.  The Mountain West's rights are probably going to be negotiated a year from now, while the Big 12's media rights don't expire until the Spring of 2025, so ESPN can't really do anything but point to the American to set the 'market' value of the MW and that conference expects significant increases too.

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

New Show coming soon to Stadium!

RebelRobert MWC Opinion Hour

Five days a week.  Featuring the one and only RebelRobert for five minutes once a week.

Enjoy it.

I would actually watch that.  Make it so!