Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

Trump: "I'm a very stable genius"

Addressing a question about his consistency — and whether he might have less glowing comments about NATO on his Twitter account, Trump said, "No, that's other people that do that, I don't. I'm very consistent. I'm a very stable genius."

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/12/628329172/trump-says-no-problem-in-nato-touting-allies-spending-pledges

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

“I don’t think we will ever again see a candidate like Donald Trump. His high-wire act is one that few could ever follow. He is a unicorn, riding a unicorn over a rainbow. His verbal bluntness involves risks that few candidates would dare take. His ability to pivot from a seemingly career-ending moment to a furious assault on his opponents is a talent few politicians can muster.”

-Sean Spicer

The president is....a brony?

10 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Addressing a question about his consistency — and whether he might have less glowing comments about NATO on his Twitter account, Trump said, "No, that's other people that do that, I don't. I'm very consistent. I'm a very stable genius."

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/12/628329172/trump-says-no-problem-in-nato-touting-allies-spending-pledges

Trump has been Trump, over and over and over and over again.  The really scary thought of that statement is it might be correct.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

15 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Trump has been Trump, over and over and over and over again.  The really scary thought of that statement is it might be correct.

Nah. It’s not correct, and reality is scarier still. He’s a dim-witted, infantile, narcissistic buffoon. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Nah. It’s not correct, and reality is scarier still. He’s a dim-witted, infantile, narcissistic buffoon. 

He's one lucky bastard then, cause anyone else that does what he does, over and over, would take a knock out punch at some point.  Amazing that he's avoided that blow!

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

He's one lucky bastard then, cause anyone else that does what he does, over and over, would take a knock out punch at some point.  Amazing that he's avoided that blow!

Having 90% approval rate with your party's voters will do that for you. 

50 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

He is a unicorn, riding a unicorn over a rainbow. 

BTW, if the internet does not provide me with some amazing photoshops of this image I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

Trumps haters just dont get it.   He throws this shit out there every day, pretty much just to troll the left....they eat it up, get preoccupied with him being an as$hole,  and ask for more every time....and they call him dimwitted.   

27 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Nah, clearly can't be that simple either. I hope he donates his brain to science because i think he's got something weird going on in there. Off the cuff comments like this and many others makes it seem like he doesn't have two good brain cells to rub together in the best of times, yet he's managed to run circles around some of the most powerful players in the biggest political game in the world. Nah...that sh!t isn't just dumb luck and dim-wit. De-emphasizing the stability part is probably somewhere closer to the truth.

4 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Trumps haters just dont get it.   He throws this shit out there every day, pretty much just to troll the left....they eat it up, get preoccupied with him being an as$hole,  and ask for more every time....and they call him dimwitted.   

And his followers eat up the same crap and beg for more.  He definitely controls the media, both the left and right, with his tweets and bizarre behavior.  Just think, in another year the presidential race heats up again and we get to go through the same exact rhetoric and finger pointing and one liners from both sides.  If only more people were more educated and demanded better candidates.  Instead, both sides are dug in and we are where we are.  Half of registered voters can't be bothered to actually go out and vote.  The other half are evenly divided.  We couldn't have found 2 better candidates than Trump and Hillary on 2015?  Really??  Pretty sad and reflective of our culture and priorities - on both sides.

2 minutes ago, alum93 said:

And his followers eat up the same crap and beg for more.  He definitely controls the media, both the left and right, with his tweets and bizarre behavior.  Just think, in another year the presidential race heats up again and we get to go through the same exact rhetoric and finger pointing and one liners from both sides.  If only more people were more educated and demanded better candidates.  Instead, both sides are dug in and we are where we are.  We couldn't have found 2 better candidates than Trump and Hillary on 2015?  Really?  Pretty sad and reflective of our culture and priorities - on both sides.

I think the GOP had much better candidates on the stage.

21 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

So trollishness is correlated with intelligence?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

17 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I think the GOP had much better candidates on the stage.

Than Trump?  They probably had 10-12 in the first debate alone.  If you simply look at his answers in his debates, and his popularity soared after each one, i still don't get it.  His fellow Republicans sounded much more educated on virtually every topic.  It is what it is and here we are.

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So trollishness is correlated with intelligence?

There's a whole hour and a half on the intelligence of trolls in Wagner's Ring Cycle. Didn't you know that? Trumpkins do.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

Than Trump?  They probably had 10-12 in the first debate alone.  If you simply look at his answers in his debates, and his popularity soared after each one, i still don't get it.  His fellow Republicans sounded much more educated on virtually every topic.  It is what it is and here we are.

We each have our opinion, certainly, but I think Kasich, Rubio and Carson were all quite a bit better than Trump.  Fiorina, Cruz and Christie were arguably better.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

There's a whole hour and a half on the intelligence of trolls in Wagner's Ring Cycle. Didn't you know that? Trumpkins do.

There's layers to this dad joke.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

25 minutes ago, alum93 said:

And his followers eat up the same crap and beg for more.  He definitely controls the media, both the left and right, with his tweets and bizarre behavior.  Just think, in another year the presidential race heats up again and we get to go through the same exact rhetoric and finger pointing and one liners from both sides.  If only more people were more educated and demanded better candidates.  Instead, both sides are dug in and we are where we are.  Half of registered voters can't be bothered to actually go out and vote.  The other half are evenly divided.  We couldn't have found 2 better candidates than Trump and Hillary on 2015?  Really??  Pretty sad and reflective of our culture and priorities - on both sides.

Some supporters watching the shit show love to be entertained.  

For me, i only pay attention to what he actually does.  I mostly support him, and yes, i put up with a lot.

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

There's layers to this dad joke.

I aim to please... 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

We each have our opinion, certainly, but I think Kasich, Rubio and Carson were all quite a bit better than Trump.  Fiorina, Cruz and Christie were arguably better.

They are all politicians.  Trump got votes because many people thought we had nothing to loose....instead sending another mealy mouthed politician to DC.