Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl

16 hours ago, fanhood said:

Agree and disagree here. It will depend on match-up, quality of season, program, etc. 

For example, Kentucky at 7-5 versus Utah at 7-5 would be very well attended. However, Florida at 6-6 versus Oregon State at 6-6 would not be.

Another example of someone not knowing what they're talking about.

SEC fans are not fly by night MWC fans . 

The alumni base of Florida would travel to Vegas in a heartbeat.  They have money. It seems the perception is the schools in the south are less wealthy or not as big of fans as the teams fans from the west. They are as wealthy and there are a helluva lot more of them.

As a Nevada fan, I'm telling you guys you need to get your heads out of the sand. We are being left behind and it's happening faster than you might want to admit.

Our conference mates own city is relegating us to second tier ( if they are that noble), they will choose to take a school from 2000 miles away over one of ours now.

Vegas knows how to market and make money. 

18 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Another example of someone not knowing what they're talking about.

SEC fans are not fly by night MWC fans . 

The alumni base of Florida would travel to Vegas in a heartbeat.  They have money. It seems the perception is the schools in the south are less wealthy or not as big of fans as the teams fans from the west. They are as wealthy and there are a helluva lot more of them.

As a Nevada fan, I'm telling you guys you need to get your heads out of the sand. We are being left behind and it's happening faster than you might want to admit.

Our conference mates own city is relegating us to second tier ( if they are that noble), they will choose to take a school from 2000 miles away over one of ours now.

Vegas knows how to market and make money. 

Mmmmm, what? I never said "we" were not getting left behind. Of course we are getting left behind. I am just pointing out the obvious that the quality of the match-up and the amount of people attending will depend on the teams, the seasons, etc. I also did not imply that Southerners are less wealthy than others. I am a Southerner for Gods sake. Dear Lord, carry on.