Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Roe Vs Wade

Just now, NVGiant said:

Yep. And let’s burn this bitch down if we don’t get our way.

Exactly.  We lost because the system is rigged, not because our message didn’t resonate with people.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Exactly.  We lost because the system is rigged, not because our message didn’t resonate with people.  

Agreed, though a little oversimplified. More like we lost because the people hated both candidates and both messages intensely, but the people who hated our candidate more happen to be spread out in a manner that gave the candidate we hate more an electoral college advantage.

But your point remains.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Agreed, though a little oversimplified. More like we lost because the people hated both candidates and both messages intensely, but the people who hated our candidate more happen to be spread out in a manner that gave the candidate we hate more an electoral college advantage.

But your point remains.

And that candidate didn’t bother to show up in certain states either.   The system is rigged!  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

And that candidate didn’t bother to show up in certain states either.   The system is rigged!  

Again, the Left didn't get what its drone hive mind collectively wanted, so it must have been the Russians, because accepting losses in elections & moving on is impossible for Democrats to handle like adults.

15 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

The right doesn't even need to do it. CNN props up H.S. kids to do it for them. California lawmakers do it for them. lol.

The whole Roe v Wade thing is nutty how it is even getting traction. Then again it seems people are only getting more paranoid by the tweet/segment/article/thread.

Took you awhile to see this? over 18 months into office...

R4g9m5.gif

Thought there'd be more dead bodies along this Trump death trip. Election, taxes, net neutrality, Gorsuch....now this sicko abortion freak frat boy Brett.

It's crazy. You'd think all these rich old white guys would wanna keep their white babies and wouldn't mind the poor black and brown ones being aborted.

No I have seen this for a while. However over the last 10 years it has gotten really bad and has gone more into mainstream as well. I mean I am seeing it more where I work, the first reaction is the nuclear over reaction and then scales back. 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:18 AM, Thomas said:

Again, the Left didn't get what its drone hive mind collectively wanted, so it must have been the Russians, because accepting losses in elections & moving on is impossible for Democrats to handle like adults.

Dehumanize much?   Kinda like you snarked about crack cocaine in black communities?  I guess it is easier to justify action if you see people who disagree as sub humans.

Posted Image

On 7/12/2018 at 1:28 AM, NVGiant said:

Yep. And let’s burn this bitch down if we don’t get our way.

I use that line on a daily basis.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I don’t know why this is even up for debate anymore. Early-term abortion should remain legal and easily accessible. Furthermore, I believe morning after pills should be offered by insurance as the alternative leaves a much larger cost and burden on society. No, I’m not equating human life to a dollar figure but early-term abortion ends the pregnancy before the fetus is developed enough to feel pain and it doesn’t leave as devistating of an emotional shadow as a later-term abortion does. The more restrictions placed on the procedure, the later in the term it will happen. Lastly, if abortion is ever banned, desperate women are going to seek out terminations by whatever means are available... as a society do not want to go down that dark and hideous road. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 7/13/2018 at 6:45 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

I don’t know why this is even up for debate anymore. Early-term abortion should remain legal and easily accessible. Furthermore, I believe morning after pills should be offered by insurance as the alternative leaves a much larger cost and burden on society. No, I’m not equating human life to a dollar figure but early-term abortion ends the pregnancy before the fetus is developed enough to feel pain and it doesn’t leave as devistating of an emotional shadow as a later-term abortion does. The more restrictions placed on the procedure, the later in the term it will happen. Lastly, if abortion is ever banned, desperate women are going to seek out terminations by whatever means are available... as a society do not want to go down that dark and hideous road. 

I don't really believe it IS up for debate, it's just the media making up scare stories about any SCOTUS nominee. The same drivel was said about Gorsuch, and he was also going to singlehandedly end abortion, somehow... and it isn't happening.

Back here in Reality, Roe is dead and gone, with its craptastic legal reasoning, and Planned Parenthood vs Casey, with its unassailable legal reasoning is the interpretation of the law of the land.

I don't see SCOTUS even hearing a challenge to PP vs Casey. Maybe they hear cases about regulating abortion at the State level, but I don't see any realistic way abortion isn't going to remain legal the way it has been for nearly 50 years.

Scare tactics aren't reality, and PP vs Casey isn't going anywhere.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:31 AM, Akkula said:

Dehumanize much?   Kinda like you snarked about crack cocaine in black communities?  I guess it is easier to justify action if you see people who disagree as sub humans.

Come on now, he didn’t say black. He said “inner cities.”