Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Illegal Immigration a Felony?

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Additional users of the welfare system doesn't cost us more?  Explain that

Didn’t say it didn’t cost us more. I said with our laws we have agreed to put that system in place. They aren’t stealing those services. We’re offering them. Which means we are not victims.

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Didn’t say it didn’t cost us more. I said with our laws we have agreed to put that system in place. They aren’t stealing those services. We’re offering them. Which means we are not victims.

Since we are being raped financially by the process, yes the public is, in the whole, victimized by it.

There will never be unlimited resources to go around, and spending less each year "messing" with illegals is a prime goal.

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Are we talking about citizens or non citizens?  We didn't offer those welfare services to non citizens.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 hours ago, sean327 said:

That's a great question. We should be going after the employers. E-Verify has been in place for years, yet it isn't mandatory for most employers to use it. Punish the employers and the problem ends. Puting people in prison for trying to make a better life is cruel and stupid. You can bet your ass if it was me in Mexico or the other Central American shitholes that I would get here anyway I could. I don't blame people for trying. I blame the corrupt governments of the countries they come from along with the US government.

Well I agree worth 95% but it isn't the government that is hiring then to work for the FBI or something!   It is the private sector.   Just like the drug war the government isn't going to cut off demand and at least they try to punish drug users and not just sellers.

Posted Image

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

You need to do some homework on the coyotes who "help" these people from Central America to the US border. ...while raping, abusing, and otherwise terrorizing them in frequent fashion, far from home in a strange land where they have no recourse nor way to call-out their "helpers" on it.

But those guys wouldnt exist without us militarizing the border.  Just like Escobar wouldn't exist without the drug war. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Where did taxpayers agree to offer welfare to Salvadorans?

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

But those guys wouldnt exist without us militarizing the border.  Just like Escobar wouldn't exist without the drug war. 

If we like every other industrialized country in the world enforce our immigration law.  We wouldn't have any of those problems.

Your drug war position is a libertarian position that I agree with.  You better think again your communist brethren are going to toss you out of the club.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

Coyotes have always existed and they won't go away. The Cartels make too much money.

22 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The ones NVGiant was talking about

I’m not talking about any services other than the cost of detaining and feeding those caught at the border, in addition to the costs of the legal process.

if they’re engaging in fraud to obtain Welfare (capital W) benefits, which illegal immigrants are prohibited from receiving, that’s another matter. But to the original point, fraud is not victimless. Crossing a border illegally is victimless.

Just now, NVGiant said:

I’m not talking about any services other than the cost of detaining and feeding those caught at the border, in addition to the costs of the legal process.

if they’re engaging in fraud to obtain Welfare (capital W) benefits, which illegal immigrants are prohibited from receiving, that’s another matter. But to the original point, fraud is not victimless. Crossing a border illegally is victimless.

Sigh.  

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are mistaken.  In the arena of immigration an illegal immigrant does not receive the full protection of the 6th amendment that they would receive in state and federal courts.  Illegal immigration is a misdemeanor currently.  They have a "right" to be represented but must hire their own attorney or find one willing to represent them pro bono.  They do not get a public defender.  Changing it from a misdemeanor to a felony would not change that fact.

Of course Mexico would never respond.  Hope you don’t have a vacation home in Central America 

23 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

If we like every other industrialized country in the world enforce our immigration law.  We wouldn't have any of those problems.

Your drug war position is a libertarian position that I agree with.  You better think again your communist brethren are going to toss you out of the club.

I have no problem enforcing immigration laws.  How many border patrol agents do you think we could afford for the cost of felonious incarceration.  

For the reputed party of fiscal restraint I sure as hell wouldn’t want a Republican managing my household budget. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

Not rambling at all.   If you don’t think imprisoning thousands of Central Americans won’t have consequences I don’t know what else to say. 

Your reading comprehension is shit but we already knew that.  I was correcting a technical mistake numb nuts, not voicing an opinion.  You can find my opinion in a later response. 

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Not rambling at all.   If you don’t think imprisoning thousands of Central Americans won’t have consequences I don’t know what else to say. 

The onky CV consequence is that we'd have to listen to even more of your whiny BS posts.