Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Trump is a threat to whittle away at the Second Amendment.

I wondered at the time why he got a pass on this.  "Take the guns first, go through due process second".  Advocating for the seizure of personal property before any criminal charges are filed?  Add in the fact that Trump really does not have too many deep convictions regarding policy and can be easily swayed if he thinks something will make him more popular.  He is less beholden to the NRA than other past administrations.  

@NVGiant

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I wondered at the time why he got a pass on this.  "Take the guns first, go through due process second".  Advocating for the seizure of personal property before any criminal charges are filed?  Add in the fact that Trump really does not have too many deep convictions regarding policy and can be easily swayed if he thinks something will make him more popular.  He is less beholden to the NRA than other past administrations.  

@NVGiant

Meh. Right after he made those statements the NRA met with him and showed him their paddle. He'll toe their line. As the buffoon he is, he sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, but in the end he appeases the 37% of the population that ardently support him, and they've got guns.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

Meh. Right after he made those statements the NRA met with him and showed him their paddle. He'll toe their line. As the buffoon he is, he sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, but in the end he appeases the 37% of the population that ardently support him, and they've got guns.

He wen't from saying that raising the age limit was on the table to saying it was up to the states.  Not exactly a retraction.  He also never retracted his words about taking the guns first.

Just now, SharkTanked said:

I doubt it. Trump knows his base. I mean the guy does some stupid shit but he is not going to piss off the people who support him the most. I don't think even he is that dumb.

His supporters did not bat an eye when he made those comments.  Teflon Don.

4 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I doubt it. Trump knows his base. I mean the guy does some stupid shit but he is not going to piss off the people who support him the most. I don't think even he is that dumb.

This.

I'd be concerned if Gorsuch or Kavanaugh were a threat to re-visit Heller, but neither are anything of the sort.

Another case of "Don't listen to what Trump SAYS, just watch what he actually DOES."

Pardoning Oregon Ranchers who helped take over a Federal Wildlife Preserve is not the move of someone who is going to restrict the 2nd Amendment.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He wen't from saying that raising the age limit was on the table to saying it was up to the states.  Not exactly a retraction.  He also never retracted his words about taking the guns first.

...until he was informed by his staff that age restrictions on firearms purchase are a State Power, not a Federal one.

Hasn't said a word on any of that since.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

His supporters did not bat an eye when he made those comments.  Teflon Don.

He also said his daughter is a hot piece of ass. He says stupid stuff. His supporters know this. Sure he can start a trade war, defund ObamaCare, move the embassy to Jerusalem, give Putin a BJ, build a wall, but there is no logistical way he can disarm the American citizenry. It just can't happen.

Just now, Thomas said:

...until he was informed by his staff that age restrictions on firearms purchase are a State Power, not a Federal one.

Hasn't said a word on any of that since.

It showed he has no real conviction on protecting the 2A and probably privately leans one way, and not the way I do.  Add in he is influenced by a need to be liked and he is more of a threat than Obama was. 

Just now, SharkTanked said:

He also said his daughter is a hot piece of ass. He says stupid stuff. His supporters know this. Sure he can start a trade war, defund ObamaCare, move the embassy to Jerusalem, give Putin a BJ, build a wall, but there is no logistical way he can disarm the American citizenry. It just can't happen.

I said whittle away, not disarm.  He could lay some great groundwork for the next time the left is in power, I am sure they would appreciate that.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It showed he has no real conviction on protecting the 2A and probably privately leans one way, and not the way I do.  Add in he is influenced by a need to be liked and he is more of a threat than Obama was. 

I don't know that I buy that, though I think a lot of things he says like that off the cuff are "New Yorker" ideas, where he hasn't really talked to his advisors on the issues and is being as out of touch as only a New Yorker can be about the rest of America.

He COULD be a huge threat to the 2nd Amendment.

So far, the only move has been a Federal Ban of bump stocks, which will probably need a law through congress to survive a court challenge- as the Obama era ATF & Justice recommended against a regulation, due to the indefensibility of it in Federal Courts.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I said whittle away, not disarm.  He could lay some great groundwork for the next time the left is in power, I am sure they would appreciate that.

Ah, sorry was confused at the quote in the OP. As to him whittling away at the 2A... :popcorn:

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Obama should go down as the greatest thing for the 2A since 1791.  He sold so many guns that a repeal of the second is logistically impossible.

When it come to insuring our gun rights, Obama>Trump.

There were already too many guns for a repeal of the Second (which is never going to happen and has never been seriously attempted), long before Obama ever took office. The ironic thing is Obama never considered disarming legitimate gun owners. He never touted it as a policy position. Even his post-Newtown effort was pretty meek. 

The good thing for 2A advocates with Trump, is that Trump has so far proven unable to work with anybody on the legislative branch to pass anything meaningful that the Republicans aren't 100 percent in line with. And he's not interested in any issue that he doesn't think is a win for his base. So, I wouldn't sweat it. Institutions continue to have their day. 

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

There were already too many guns for a repeal of the Second (which is never going to happen and has never been seriously attempted), long before Obama ever took office. The ironic thing is Obama never considered disarming legitimate gun owners. He never touted it as a policy position. Even his post-Newtown effort was pretty meek. 

The good thing for 2A advocates with Trump, is that Trump has so far proven unable to work with anybody on the legislative branch to pass anything meaningful that the Republicans aren't 100 percent in line with. And he's not interested in any issue that he doesn't think is a win for his base. So, I wouldn't sweat it. Institutions continue to have their day. 

Spot on.

Trump whittling away at the 2nd Amendment is about as likely as SCOTUS overturning Roe.

It's just not going to happen, and is more of a scare tactic than anything with a real probability to it.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

There was already too many guns for a repeal of the Second (which is never going to happen and has never been seriously attempted), long before Obama ever took office. The ironic thing is Obama never considered disarming legitimate gun owners. He never touted it as a policy position. Even his post-Newtown effort was pretty meek. 

All a democrat has to do is say the word "gun" and there will be more guns in American hands.  

Speaking of guns and hands, could Trump be a "gun grabber" with those tiny things?

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

All a democrat has to do is say the word "gun" and there will be more guns in American hands.  

Speaking of guns and hands, could Trump be a "gun grabber" with those tiny things?

"Womens' Grip" models.

117ef595a2b99ce7cd777a9205b9d37a--ruger-

47 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Agree - 2nd Amendment hardcores have taken gun rights to a fetish level ( i.e. as long as they have their guns, you can fvck them every other way & they won't care/notice - similar to the hard core pro-birth people ) and their main focus in life is protecting their guns at all costs cause without guns, their lives are not worth living 

So it should be easy to keep the pro-birthers & gun fetish crowd happy by just tossing out the usual meat they thrive on even for a door knob like trump 

49 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure but he would have to put down the pussies and his daughter's ass first. 

Trump's not really interested in yer guns until after he is able to consolidate power and remove restrictions to term limits for himself. 

If he gets that done (with your help, cons!), then he'll take away your guns.

:D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism