Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fort Fun

Wyoming under fire for being racist and sexist

3 hours ago, pokebball said:

I'm hearing some rumors that your mascot offends older women? Any truth to that?

True story.

I guess some company that wanted to make an older women dating site approached the guy who owns cougarboard and he wouldn't sell to them.

I would have.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

49 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Good thing I didn't attend a school like that because I probably would have become a total druggie rather than just a pothead. And BTW, you may find yourself no longer doing that stuff. Writing a quality brief can be tough enough without trying to do so with THC flowing through your veins even in just moderate quantities.

I'll probably switch to cocaine 

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

See poke, although I agree with his basic sentiment, his reaction is over the top. He comes off as being just as "triggered" as the prof who protested in the first place.

It's sad that we apparently feel the need for over the top hyperbole in order to be heard.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, Aslowhiteguy said:

It is.  And if they back down, they are pussies.

Someone mentioned a letter.  Do we know who wrote it?

The most amazing thing is that there will actually be some pussies out there that will actually have their feeling hurt by this. 

kat.jpg

On 7/11/2018 at 11:25 AM, Jalapeno said:

The PC crowd has lost its mind...there are black & Mexican cowboys and cowgirls...how could it be racist & sexist?

The movies out there certainly have different race cowboys. Morgan Freeman is Clint Eastwood's partner in the classic film "Unforgiven", and of course he's black. The old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns sure did have different race cowboys. 

kat.jpg

On 7/11/2018 at 10:35 AM, happycamper said:

I think this is the third article I've seen on it, and they all say "under fire".

I never knew that a single whiny letter led something to be "under fire". 

This is right up your alley to defend PC stuff like this, especially how much you're into labels and feelings. But it is your school, so it looks like the slogan will dodge a bullet this time from the wrath of cappyhamper. 😀

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is right up your alley to defend PC stuff like this, especially how much you're into labels and feelings. But it is your school, so it looks like the slogan will dodge a bullet this time from the wrath of cappyhamper. 😀

Convert

You are a retard

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Cappy’s OK with using “Retard” to attack me. However, if I were a “Gay Retard”, suddenly he wouldn’t touch that with a 10’ pole because it becomes snowflake-certified hate speech. 😂😆

kat.jpg

33 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Cappy’s OK with using “Retard” to attack me. However, if I were a “Gay Retard”, suddenly he wouldn’t touch that with a 10’ pole because it becomes snowflake-certified hate speech. 😂😆

Seriously NC, you need to Cowboy Up

The World Needs More Cowboys!

37 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Convert

You are a retard

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Seriously NC, you need to Cowboy Up

Since cappy is so into the “retarded” word which includes Down Syndrome, maybe you should go with “Cowboy Down”, instead. More seasons than not, Cowboy FB and BB are down, anyway. You could say that Wyoming has it’s own version of Down Syndrome to deal with. 😂😹😹😹😂🤣👍

I’m just kidding!! Some of you Wyoming fans are pretty sensitive to Wyoming smack. 🙂

kat.jpg

Hageman: UW “way too liberal,” doesn’t support Wyoming ideals

“LARAMIE – In the wake of controversy over the University of Wyoming’s new marketing slogan, the school’s administration became a topic of discussion during Thursday’s gubernatorial debate...

During the Cheyenne forum, race frontrunners Mark Gordon, Sam Galeotos and Harriet Hageman each expressed support for UW’s new slogan: “The World Needs More Cowboys...

Hageman said she’s heard from Wyoming residents that UW is “way too liberal” and does not “support or represent Wyoming’s culture or ideals.

https://www.wyomingnews.com/news/local_news/hageman-uw-way-too-liberal-doesn-t-support-wyoming-ideals/article_1ece499a-872c-11e8-be54-6fde46aa696b.html

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, renoskier said:

See poke, although I agree with his basic sentiment, his reaction is over the top. He comes off as being just as "triggered" as the prof who protested in the first place.

It's sad that we apparently feel the need for over the top hyperbole in order to be heard.

Agree. I have been seeing much more outrage over the letter than I was seeing actual outrage over the slogan. Its all over my facebook and elsewhere. People just love getting angry about liberal college professors saying something dumb. It certainly didn't deserve the amount of attention it deserved. But I guess as far as marketing goes it worked great so kudos to the professor for giving our new slogan a farther reach.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:25 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

The narrator was pretty bland.  I couldnt help but think they should have hired Christopher Walken to narrate as Bruce Dickinson.

I got a fever. And the only prescription is More Cowboys!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text

The World Needs More Cowboys!