Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football Discussion and Smack Talk Thread

Good team Jayne - couple snipes - Barber might be a solid starter even when Ingram returns.

Any kind of plan I had went to hell after 2nd round. Weak at RB but maybe some sleepys on the bench.

Screaming Firehawks

QBs: Mariota until Wentz is back (which is weird I never roster two QBs just couldn't resist Wentz sittin there)

RBs: Royce Freeman, Derrick Henry

WRs: AB, Michael Thomas

Flex: Marshawn Lynch or Cooper Kupp

TE: Kyle Rudolph

Bench: Alfred Morris, Tyler Lockett, Aaron Jones, Chase Edmonds, Mike Williams

Other: Bears, Carlson

You're just elite at WR with AB and Thomas. Probably the best 1-2 punch in the league. I have both guys as top-five receivers in PPR.

But yeah, you paid for having it that good at WR with some questions at RB. I like Jones as a sleeper on the bench. He outperformed Jamaal Williams last year in GB.

1 hour ago, nocoolnamejim said:

With 12 regular season games (Weeks 1-12 of the NFL season), I am going to be adjusting schedules so everyone plays everyone else at least once to try and make the schedules as fair as possible.

Unless I'm mistaken, from looking at the schedule it looks like no changes are needed. 

Everyone plays their week 6 opponent in week 12 as well, but otherwise plays a different team each week. 

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, James White, Chris Ivory
WR: T.Y. Hilton, Golden Tate, Chris Hogan, Julian Edelman, Sterling Shepard, Donte Moncrief
TE: Delanie Walker

Tried to wait for a few guys that didn't end up falling, but pretty balanced roster I think

8k3esKz.png

36 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Well ii suck.

Had to go on an ambulance call for some dumb californians who can't keep their car on the road.   So i missed the draft.   

Worst part is I never set up the draft board because i was going to be there.

Oh well see what happens.

Damn. That sucks. Sorry to hear that. You're right though, it's a long season and anything can happen. 

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

Well ii suck.

Had to go on an ambulance call for some dumb californians who can't keep their car on the road.   So i missed the draft.   

Sucks that ESPN still had Mckinnon ranked pretty high too, and Marqise Lee.

8k3esKz.png

QB: Philip Rivers, Jameis Winston

RB: Alvin Kamara, Kenyan Drake, Chris Carson, Chris Thompson, Tarik Cohen, Matt Breida

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Doug Baldwin, Brandin Cooks, Chris Godwin

TE: Jordan Reed, George Kittle

DEF: Texans

A bit of a dream come true landing both Kamara and Hopkins

On 9/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, bluerules009 said:

Well ii suck.

Considering your intelligence level...  this was probably your best case scenario.

No way are you having a better draft than the auto pick.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Who is DUI playing this week?

I'm concentrating on fantasy football within this thread.  How was your draft?

You meant, you were unable to log into the draft successfully so you've made up this lame excuse?

2 minutes ago, DesVandal said:

I'm concentrating on fantasy football within this thread.  How was your draft?

You meant, you were unable to log into the draft successfully so you've made up this lame excuse?

Well the auto draft picked two players for me that won't play this season.  So even though I should still be able to beat a dolt like you, winning the league might be a challenge.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Well the auto draft picked two players for me that won't play this season.  So even though I should still be able to beat a dolt like you, winning the league might be a challenge.

Well have you gone out there to rectify the situation?

1 hour ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Bell is so good but can be such a little bitch. That's the drawback. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

He's also misreading the amount of leverage he has. Last year, Connor was unproven and looked shaky in the preseason. This year, he's trimmed down and graded out as the #1 runningback in Pro Football Focus' evaluations of the preseason.

Last year I don't think the Steelers were comfortable going into the season without Bell. This year I think they've got a lot more confidence in their ability to replace about 80% of what Bell brings.

On 9/5/2018 at 3:23 PM, madmartigan said:

Wouldn't touch him with bluetools' sheeps' hoofs...

Speaking of tempermental, high maintenance, premadonna running backs...  Jay Ajayi looked good in his debut.

How long he stays out of the dog house is tbd...  but he ran with purpose...  and then did his 25 minute look at me dance after every carry.

Dude is starving for attention.