Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football Discussion and Smack Talk Thread

5 hours ago, rudolro said:

Jim how many teams are you talking?

Up to 12 maximum. Currently, we're at 10 who have signed up and actually accepted an invite and joined the league.

Ten is actually what I consider to be the ideal league size, but I don't consider anyone locked in until they've both officially accepted an invite and sent in their buy-in so I wouldn't be surprised if one or two people backed out before the draft.

BTW, if we get more people interested in playing than 12, I do have another league on another message board that's currently stuck at 7 owners (with two other maybes) if people still want to play and are willing to make an account to post on the other board. I can vouch that the people there are all laid back and nice.

General notice that tomorrow is going to be a pretty busy work day. Any responses will be slow and/or delayed until Tuesday. 

Which should not prevent any of you deadbeats who haven't ponied up from doing so. :)

Me

Mug

Chrysis

Douglaspoke

RebelRobert

cgzpack

madmartigan

Alright. That's some good news. Seven owners have paid their buy-in. Only three more to go.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, nocoolnamejim said:

Me

Mug

Chrysis

Douglaspoke

RebelRobert

cgzpack

madmartigan

Alright. That's some good news. Seven owners have paid their buy-in. Only three more to go.

@TheDogSnake paid today 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Are all slots taken...  and if I have to cheer a MWC team to join I pick Hawaii because I live the language of Aloha.

Just not online.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

45 minutes ago, DesVandal said:

Are all slots taken...  and if I have to cheer a MWC team to join I pick Hawaii because I live the language of Aloha.

Just not online.

Not necessarily. We currently have 10 members who have signed up and accepted invites to the league. I'm willing to go as far as 12. (I consider leagues beyond that a bit unwieldy)

Barring that, I do have another league on another site that is stuck at 7 confirmed members, one maybe and one "ultra secret I'll-play-if-you-absolutely-need-me" member. 

I just like fantasy football. I accept everyone who is willing to both pay and to promise not to ditch the league if they start 2-4 or something like that...even Vandals. :-)

4 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Not necessarily. We currently have 10 members who have signed up and accepted invites to the league. I'm willing to go as far as 12. (I consider leagues beyond that a bit unwieldy)

Barring that, I do have another league on another site that is stuck at 7 confirmed members, one maybe and one "ultra secret I'll-play-if-you-absolutely-need-me" member. 

I just like fantasy football. I accept everyone who is willing to both pay and to promise not to ditch the league if they start 2-4 or something like that...even Vandals. :-)

I love fantasy football and take it very seriously.  With that said I love it when people only play if you need them because they suck at Fantasy Football.

The beautiful thing about fantasy football is this Vandal could rule this entire board with simply winning that League.

Just now, DesVandal said:

I love fantasy football and take it very seriously.  With that said I love it when people only play if you need them because they suck at Fantasy Football.

The beautiful thing about fantasy football is this Vandal could rule this entire board with simply winning that League.

Buy-in is currently set at $50. Would your lordship care to make a bid to the throne and/or put thy money where is thy mouth? 

2 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Buy-in is currently set at $50. Would your lordship care to make a bid to the throne and/or put thy money where is thy mouth? 

I would love to play I don't want to screw up a 10 team league if that is what ppl want.  So discuss...  

And don't go and underestimate a Vandal.  Think long and hard before you go letting someone like me in this fantasy football league.  I'll break your heart.

Just now, DesVandal said:

I would love to play I don't want to screw up a 10 team league if that is what ppl want.  So discuss...  

And don't go and underestimate a Vandal.  Think long and hard before you go letting someone like me in this fantasy football league.  I'll break your heart.

Don't worry about causing an uneven number. I can fix that if needed. 

If you do break my heart...please be gentle. I've been hurt before with fantasy football.

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Don't worry about causing an uneven number. I can fix that if needed. 

If you do break my heart...please be gentle. I've been hurt before with fantasy football.

Give me a reason to be on this board!!!

Sweet!

Now.  If one person asked that lame question...  I have a reason...

Exciting!

2 minutes ago, DesVandal said:

Give me a reason to be on this board!!!

Sweet!

Now.  If one person asked that lame question...  I have a reason...

Exciting!

Double benefits. Nice.

Drop me a PM with an email address that you don't mind giving out to a filthy Bronco and I'll send you an invite to the league. 

Guys please remember to use the send money to friends and family option instead of paying for a service as it charges me to receive the money.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Guys please remember to use the send money to friends and family option instead of paying for a service as it charges me to receive the money.  

Chit!  Ridicule starts here.  Uggg!

2 minutes ago, DesVandal said:

Chit!  Ridicule starts here.  Uggg!

Don't worry about it. I already agreed to cover the difference with hiccups the first year. It's SO WORTH IT to have a good fantasy league. Mug, what do I owe you again?