Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football Discussion and Smack Talk Thread

5 hours ago, DesVandal said:

How come I can't find our scores?

I'm still reading the scoreboard from last week.

Signed, village idiot

Playoffs are two week matchups.

So basically you're still playing the same game as last week and your score from last week carries over. Whomever has the best score in the matchup after the two weeks combined advances.

Winners of the week 13/14 matchups face off in weeks 15 and 16.

I have to admit, it's been a roller coaster emotion wise for this week in fantasy.

Conner goes down? Damn, that's just cruel. I feel bad. I trade my playoff opponent the guy who sabotages his fantasy playoffs by getting hurt in week 14.

Odell Beckham goes down for me? Okay, that's just cruel karmic justice...but fair.

Juju makes maybe the catch of the season to get a touchdown in the first half while Amari lays an egg to the tune of 5.7 first half points? I'm screwed.

Amari explodes in the second half to end with 37.2 fantasy points? ...

... If you see an emergency alert warning on your phones or TV's, I apologize because it's warning of the Great Dong Disaster of 2018. I'm so excited right now that if I turn around to quickly I might just level my neighbors' house.

40 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I have to admit, it's been a roller coaster emotion wise for this week in fantasy.

Conner goes down? Damn, that's just cruel. I feel bad. I trade my playoff opponent the guy who sabotages his fantasy playoffs by getting hurt in week 14.

Odell Beckham goes down for me? Okay, that's just cruel karmic justice...but fair.

Juju makes maybe the catch of the season to get a touchdown in the first half while Amari lays an egg to the tune of 5.7 first half points? I'm screwed.

... If you see an emergency alert warning on your phones or TV's, I apologize because it's warning of the Great Dong Disaster of 2018. I'm so excited right now that if I turn around to quickly I might just level my neighbors' house.

Well, hopefully you blew your wad!  LOL! Should be a great final for the last two weeks...the two highest scoring teams going at each other!  Good Luck!! 

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

26 minutes ago, TheDogSnake said:

Well, hopefully you blew your wad!  LOL! Should be a great final for the last two weeks...the two highest scoring teams going at each other!  Good Luck!! 

Looking forward to it!

I'm not quite a lock yet, but just enjoying the possibility of the chance.

Also a big thank you to everyone who participated this year. I had a lot of fun and I hope others did as well. This is something I'd like to run back next year.

16 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Dude, you've been on some kind of role! Congrats. Of course it was Mixon that put the nail in....unless Cook goes for 40 plus and Diggs is a healthy scratch or something tonight:surrender:

On 12/7/2018 at 8:24 AM, nocoolnamejim said:

Hopefully not done quite yet. Things are going to be tight in both matchups. Good luck this week.

I feel like BSU.

What Fresno State game was more important.

That format sucks.  2 shots at the same team.  Booo.

Good luck...  to the two 2 teams who lost last week.    Booo.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

I kind of like the 2 week format(not because i won)!  Anyone that has played fantasy for a few years knows you can have a bad week at anytime.  If you have a good team, you should prevail over a two week period. Heck, i got 21 pts out of Brees in 2 weks combined!!  Half of your points came from 2 players...wanna win, get a more complete team!!  Good luck in your matchup!!

19 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

I kind of like the 2 week format(not because i won)!  Anyone that has played fantasy for a few years knows you can have a bad week at anytime.  If you have a good team, you should prevail over a two week period. Heck, i got 21 pts out of Brees in 2 weks combined!!  Half of your points came from 2 players...wanna win, get a more complete team!!  Good luck in your matchup!!

This is really the point of the two week matchups. 

Although, I can definitely sympathize that it sucks when you're on the other end of such a thing in fantasy football. I lost a championship in the other league that Ariz and I are in one year that way so I know how it feels. 

@DesVandal

It's been great playing with you this year. Sorry that it ended on a bit of a sour note for you. Hope you'd still be interested in giving it another go next year.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:43 PM, TheDogSnake said:

Oh shut up.

I've played fantasy for years...  and never been in a league that gives you a second shot.

That's like saying the college playoffs, NFL playoffs aren't formatted right because it's single play elimination.

This...  unlike every format known to football...  is not single elimination 

But...  I totally get why you are for it.

Because you lost..   in week 1 of the playoffs...  and are in the championship...

Makes sense ....  for you.  But no matter...  I consider both of you losers, in my book.  Cheers.

🍻

Someone who roots the the Vandals is calling me a loser?  Lmao!  And by the way, I’ve been doing fantasy football probably before your little ass was born!!  Enjoy your 2 round consolation prize!! 

14 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

Someone who roots the the Vandals is calling me a loser?  Lmao!  And by the way, I’ve been doing fantasy football probably before your little ass was born!!  Enjoy your 2 round consolation prize!! 

I've been to Fresno.  I'll stop there.  Because I think that is an argument- ending-statement.

Fresno...  California... 

if we're voting for next year (I'm in btw), I vote to do away with the two week playoff rounds, making the regular season weeks 1-14 and playoffs weeks 15-16. Didn't even notice the two week weirdness until a few weeks into the season or I would have brought it up before we started.

2 hours ago, cgzpack said:

if we're voting for next year (I'm in btw), I vote to do away with the two week playoff rounds, making the regular season weeks 1-14 and playoffs weeks 15-16. Didn't even notice the two week weirdness until a few weeks into the season or I would have brought it up before we started.

In other words set it up like every other fantasy football league in the goddamn Nation...   here here

1 hour ago, DesVandal said:

In other words set it up like every other fantasy football league in the goddamn Nation...   here here

yeah pretty much - I've known of that espn two-week thing for awhile but never wanted to use it

using every source I can think of so why not here too in case anybody cares to put in 2-cents:

Need to replace Conner (maybe?), so who to Flex start (1.0 PPR): Kenneth Dixon vs TB, Blount vs Buf, John Brown vs TB, John Ross vs Oak, Sutton vs Cleveland, or Sproles vs Rams. (not for our league)

23 hours ago, cgzpack said:

using every source I can think of so why not here too in case anybody cares to put in 2-cents:

Need to replace Conner (maybe?), so who to Flex start (1.0 PPR): Kenneth Dixon vs TB, Blount vs Buf, John Brown vs TB, John Ross vs Oak, Sutton vs Cleveland, or Sproles vs Rams. (not for our league)

Ross vs Oak.  TB's D is playing very well.  Those choices look like mine.  Not good.

Whew. Everything going right for me right now. 

Kelce doesn't explode but has a rather mortal game. Myers disappoints and misses not one but two???? extra points. Chubb experiences some erectile dysfunction. Turns in a very good real life game, but a bit of a disappointing fantasy performance.

I suppose not EVERYTHING going well given that Beckham is out for another week but...after Saturday games I'm feeling pretty good.