Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football Discussion and Smack Talk Thread

2 hours ago, DesVandal said:

Amari Cooper for Cam?

I'd prefer not to do a straight QB for WR swap because I don't want to roster three QBs and Wilson and Cousins are both to valuable to just flat out drop.

How about a 2 for 1. Maybe something like Cousins + DeSean Jackson (Fitzmagic's second option) or maybe Cousins + Geronimo Allison (Aaron Godgers second option) or even Cousins + Keelan Cole (Bortles' number one WR).

I admit that guys like Jackson or Allison probably don't have the upside of Amari Cooper, but they're both pretty much the second option in very good passing attacks at the moment. They'll likely give you a safer floor most weeks and with the rest of your team so strong, you might benefit more for a higher floor than a higher ceiling. Also if you pick Allison there's something to be said for just platooning Godger's receivers by starting him and Cobb together. 

Well I would say Cousins will kick ass all year for you.

I think I can manage.  Having Goff, Mahomes and Cam Newton...   that's some offensive power...

I would want a WR for a QB.  As you can see - my stable is most impressive.  

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

Absolutely monster play by #26 Darian Stewart on the Denver defense on Kelce on that last Kansas City drive. 

Travis Kelce isolated on him 1-1 and he caught the ball in the air in the end zone, but Stewart blasted him out of bounds to keep him from keeping the feet in.

The difference between my team and Fresno Raider Dogs being #1 overall in our league. 

My reactions were first this...

aCutJlm.jpg

And then this.

YhP3CtA.jpg

3 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Absolutely monster play by #26 Darian Stewart on the Denver defense on Kelce on that last Kansas City drive. 

Travis Kelce isolated on him 1-1 and he caught the ball in the air in the end zone, but Stewart blasted him out of bounds to keep him from keeping the feet in.

The difference between my team and Fresno Raider Dogs being #1 overall in our league. 

My reactions were first this...

aCutJlm.jpg

And then this.

YhP3CtA.jpg

That was a great hit!

49 minutes ago, renoskier said:

That was a great hit!

I thought it sucked!!  lol!  Brees gets me only 9 points(wtf?) and i still only lose by 3!  Great week though for you!! 

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

To Al Vegas Davis owner:

I unfortunately botched the counter. My apologies. I was distracted and messed it up. 

Cliff notes is that I'd need a star back to consider offering up the player you were after. In general, I prefer quality over quantity of players. 

Nice Doug Martin pickup by Fresno Raider Dogs. 

Did you know about the severity of the Lynch injury somehow in advance or was it just coincidence? (Lynch out "at least" a month with a groin injury.)

It’s a shame the Denver defense wasn’t picked up before this week.  33 freaking points :blink:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Nice Doug Martin pickup by Fresno Raider Dogs. 

Did you know about the severity of the Lynch injury somehow in advance or was it just coincidence? (Lynch out "at least" a month with a groin injury.)

Actually I was in London for the Raider game and saw him come off the field walking gingerly so really just for the hell of it I picked up Martin on a whim.....just lucky!  Kind of like picking up Nick Chubb as an handicap to Hyde who I have in my other fantasy league!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

Trade offer sent to Mug.

I know it's a bit weird to send an offer to someone you're playing this week, but the comments explain.

Both of the guys I have offered have great matchups this week.

4 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Trade offer sent to Mug.

I know it's a bit weird to send an offer to someone you're playing this week, but the comments explain.

Both of the guys I have offered have great matchups this week.

I countered :) 

And I didn’t see any comments actually.  Or I missed them. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I countered :) 

And I didn’t see any comments actually.  Or I missed them. 

Appreciate the quick response.

You're asking...a bit much...for the upgrade at the position I'm trying for, but I appreciate knowing which position you most want to improve at.

I sent a new counter back your way that includes an RB. I admit and acknowledge that the RB isn't as good as what you were shooting for, but it's really the best one that I have that works for me in this deal. I think that the team he plays for won't be in grind-the-clock mode as often as they were last weekend so his usage will be a bit of a mix between what it was before and what it was most recently.

4 hours ago, David Collinsworth said:

That's a whooping number.... :blink:

A guy in my other league streamed Denver that week...and still managed to lose. 10 team league in that one so the talent isn't spread quite so thin as it is in our 12 teamer.