Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football Discussion and Smack Talk Thread

Whose ass did I smack this weekend? I’m Dak Lives Matter.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, DesVandal said:

I can watch that clip of Cousins over and over.

12 team league ain't so easy.  I think some trading needs to occur...

I've been looking around at things but haven't seen a ton that makes sense for me at the moment.

I normally LOVE making trades during a fantasy football season. But I just kind of like my team at the moment so I don't feel my normal eagerness. 

I do have some interest in Christian McCaffery from your squad though and am curious about your asking price. I'd want to keep Barkley, Beckham and Diggs in any trade or I don't feel I'm really improving myself, but anything else is on the table depending on what gets sent back.

4 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Whose ass did I smack this weekend? I’m Dak Lives Matter.

Liking the idea of people putting their team names into their signatures during the season to help with this.

11 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Liking the idea of people putting their team names into their signatures during the season to help with this.

Yours mentions nothing about you being a commie, so fail. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just list your team names here.  I’m obviously team mugtang. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I've fixed that now!

You let me know when that joke has run its course. I'm bad at that. 

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

You let me know when that joke has run its course. I'm bad at that. 

Will do. But don't worry, I'm kind of enjoying being the official board communist. 

47 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Selling James Conner for the right price.

I want a WR1. Send your offers.

"Captain Kirk's Cousins" - Clever but still like the Firefly reference more :) and man I'd love to have Conner but he could be temporary and at 0-2 I can't afford to let me 1-2 WRs go.

Other league I am playing in this year actually had the home field advantage tie breaker come into effect just now.

Last catch by JuJu left my opponent for the week with 120.8 points against my own 120.8.

I am the home team...and now waiting to see if ESPN will do stat corrections.

Speaking of trades - I shopped Tyler Lockett and Mike Williams around last week with no takers. Note that Williams scored 24 pts last game (avg 16 ppg) and Lockett scored 18 (avg 16.7 ppg) - both higher than the players I offered to trade for. If you've seen my roster you know I'm looking for RBs (though I'm encouraged with Lynch and Buck Allen scoring 17 each last game), I just had to (of course) run into the 172 pt buzzsaw of Raider Dogs last week (always the worst thing when you outscore everybody in the league except the guy you're playing). :pullhair:

I might be interested in Mike Williams if we can wait a week. Having traded James Conner, and with Mixon currently injured and Ingram not scheduled to come back for another game, I'm a bit light myself this week past Barkley. 

But I'm not sure I'd part with any of my "big three" for Williams. Peyton Barber's had some bad game scripts so far so his point total to date isn't impressive (and he faces a really bad matchup this week), but he's still the lead back in a pretty high powered offense. Any chance you might be interested in him plus maybe another piece to get a deal done?

2 hours ago, DesVandal said:

I've got Goth and Cam Newton...

You've got a #1 wr...

Trade...  anyone?

I might be interested depending on what you consider a valid option for a WR1 in a 12 team league. I'm probably unwilling to part with Beckham or Diggs (despite Diggs crapping the bed for me last week) but...

...I could probably do a 2x2 trade of one of my other wide receivers + one of my two QBs for Cam and a second piece to be discussed.

At the moment our week 10 matchup is shaping up to be pretty interesting.