Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football Discussion and Smack Talk Thread

On 9/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, nocoolnamejim said:

He's also misreading the amount of leverage he has. Last year, Connor was unproven and looked shaky in the preseason. This year, he's trimmed down and graded out as the #1 runningback in Pro Football Focus' evaluations of the preseason.

Last year I don't think the Steelers were comfortable going into the season without Bell. This year I think they've got a lot more confidence in their ability to replace about 80% of what Bell brings.

Nah he is being smart.  The Steelers will give him 500 touches this year if they can then cut him without him ever getting the big contract.   The Steelers have been ruthless in the past especially with running backs.   If he is smart he will not play until November then he can be a free agent next year and sign a good contract and get paid.  A running back only has so many carries in them.  I wouldn't waste anymore on the Steelers.  As they say when they cut you, "it's just business".   

4 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Nah he is being smart.  The Steelers will give him 500 touches this year if they can then cut him without him ever getting the big contract.   The Steelers have been ruthless in the past especially with running backs.   If he is smart he will not play until November then he can be a free agent next year and sign a good contract and get paid.  A running back only has so many carries in them.  I wouldn't waste anymore on the Steelers.  As they say when they cut you, "it's just business".   

Definitely a viable angle on things. He's gotta be looking at the long term deals guys like David Johnson and Tod Gurley have secured and wondering why he isn't getting that sort of security.

$14.5M for this year would have been great money, but it also comes with the catch that if he gets hurt his career could be over. As you say, Steelers know this is his last year there and they'd run him into the ground. People forget these things. Bell isn't just being flaky/greedy. He's probably doing the math and deciding it's worth it to give up $9M or so now to ensure he doesn't get hurt and gets a better, long term, contract from somebody next year.

Got the win this week, have a decent chance of being the high scoring team for the week and, so far, everyone's come out of the week healthy. Fingers crossed with Amari tonight.

Can't ask for more than that.

2 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Got the win this week, have a decent chance of being the high scoring team for the week and, so far, everyone's come out of the week healthy. Fingers crossed with Amari tonight.

Can't ask for more than that.

I was pissed when Rogers went down.  But then he came back and blew up the bears. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

*Godgers

Fixed.

I’ll put in the official name change request with the appropriate people in Wisconsin. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 9/5/2018 at 1:55 PM, bluerules009 said:

Well the auto draft picked two players for me that won't play this season.  So even though I should still be able to beat a dolt like you, winning the league might be a challenge.

So...  Week 1...  I outscore everyone...  Do you think this was by accident?

No bluetools...  It wasn't...   This is tangible evidence my football acumen is superior.  

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

12 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

You are a joke.

You handle life like you handled the draft...  a no show...  with lame excuses...  

:Clapping:

I have officially beat the smack right out of you...   LOL Where is your HA HA HA now?  bluetools...  it's just a game...   and this is just smack...

It's early in the season...   Isiah Crowell will not have another game like that...  LOL!  You may be the only person in the entire fantasy football world that gave him the starting nod.  

Now go second guess you joining a fantasy league where you will have to face me head to head...  and think about the edge that gives me...  IF I win...  BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAHHHHHHAHHHAHHHAA

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

7 hours ago, DesVandal said:

You handle life like you handled the draft...  a no show...  with lame excuses...  

:Clapping:

I have officially beat the smack right out of you...   LOL Where is your HA HA HA now?  bluetools...  it's just a game...   and this is just smack...

It's early in the season...   Isiah Crowell will not have another game like that...  LOL!  You may be the only person in the entire fantasy football world that gave him the starting nod.  

Now go second guess you joining a fantasy league where you will have to face me head to head...  and think about the edge that gives me...  IF I win...  BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAHHHHHHAHHHAHHHAA

Yeah my life is tough, you're right.  

Spent the morning fishing and now I am going to take a nap.