Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thomas

QAnon: Does anyone here actually follow and believe that stuff?

What a waste of time.

Dude hasn't even reached Nostradamus levels of predicting things, and that's not saying very much.

Just shotgun a lot of names and other items into a wall, then come back weeks later, pick a few and say "I predicted that!"

Total misinformation campaign. Any believers here?

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

Never heard of him. 

Neither have I. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Supposedly some WH insider who posts stuff to Reddit or 4Chan or one of those sites, anyway.

It's just a bunch of random gibberish, to me. There are people online devoting a bunch of time to "interpreting" the crap.

Like I said above, when you mention 100 different people, for 5 of them to show up with new news items in a few weeks isn't exactly PROPHET-level "prediction" of anything, but the believers are in some kind of a wierd politico-cult.

Damn, just worship Trump as a God, before believing that Q stuff, it seems more normal.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Never heard of him, but who the hell cares?

Roseanne Barr

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

16 minutes ago, Thomas said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Supposedly some WH insider who posts stuff to Reddit or 4Chan or one of those sites, anyway.

It's just a bunch of random gibberish, to me. There are people online devoting a bunch of time to "interpreting" the crap.

Like I said above, when you mention 100 different people, for 5 of them to show up with new news items in a few weeks isn't exactly PROPHET-level "prediction" of anything, but the believers are in some kind of a wierd politico-cult.

Damn, just worship Trump as a God, before believing that Q stuff, it seems more normal.

Wingnuts. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Holy crap...

Last October, an anonymous user, known simply as Q, started posting cryptic messages on the controversial message board 4chan—the common theme being that President Trump is a secret genius and his opponents, namely Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, are evil. Q reportedly claimed to be getting this information directly from the government, thanks to top-secret, “Q-type” security clearance. There has been little—if any—hard evidence to support Q’s musings. But over time, thousands of people started to believe them—or at least, to acknowledge they might be real. And they became the foundation of a wide-ranging conspiracy theory, known as QAnon, that has been covered by the New York Times and New York Magazine, among others, and discussed in more than 130,000 videos on YouTube. One of its most prominent followers: Roseanne Barr, who tweeted several references to QAnon before being fired from her hit TV show in May. —Melissa Chan

http://time.com/5324130/most-influential-internet/

I thought this was still a fringe thing... I had no idea that it had gotten to be that notable. Then again, plenty of people believed pizzagate as well, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

33 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'm pretty sure that most of them do that as well.

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Anything coming out of this White House should be viewed as a lie first, then see if there's any timy % of factual information included 

So it is with all White Houses in my lifetime.

Anyone who hasn't been viewing the Office this way is terribly naive & trusting.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So it is with all White Houses in my lifetime.

Anyone who hasn't been viewing the Office this way is terribly naive & trusting.

Anyone who views this White House as any previous White House has a serious trump fetish - No White House since maybe Nixon's, lies as much as this bunch of liars - and it's not even a close race 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Anyone who views this White House as any previous White House has a serious trump fetish - No White House since maybe Nixon's, lies as much as this bunch of liars - and it's not even a close race 

Keep watching "The News", and believing it has no bias.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Keep watching "The News", and believing it has no bias.

I'm not talking about the news..........talking trump & he's a fvcking lair - end of story, PERIOD 

The Washington Post's Fact-Checker blog has been keeping a strict count of President Donald Trump's many misstatements, untruths and outright lies. And, over the weekend at a rally in Michigan, Trump hit a(nother) milestone: He topped 3,000 untrue or misleading statements in 466 days in office.

That means that, on average, Trump says 6.5 things that aren't true a day. Every. Single. Day. (Trump is actually picking up the pace when it comes to not telling the truth; he has averaged nine untruths or misleading statements a day over the past two months, according to the Post's count.)
The problem with Trump's penchant for prevarication is that it's hard to contextualize it. We've never had a president with such a casual relationship to the truth. We have no count of how many lies Barack Obama or George W. Bush told per day because, well, they weren't as committed to saying and then repeating falsehoods as Trump quite clearly is.

trump is a fvcking lair - obvious to anyone with ears and a brain that can turn sound into thought 

3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'm not talking about the news..........talking trump & he's a fvcking lair - end of story, PERIOD 

The Washington Post's Fact-Checker blog has been keeping a strict count of President Donald Trump's many misstatements, untruths and outright lies. And, over the weekend at a rally in Michigan, Trump hit a(nother) milestone: He topped 3,000 untrue or misleading statements in 466 days in office.

That means that, on average, Trump says 6.5 things that aren't true a day. Every. Single. Day. (Trump is actually picking up the pace when it comes to not telling the truth; he has averaged nine untruths or misleading statements a day over the past two months, according to the Post's count.)
 The problem with Trump's penchant for prevarication is that it's hard to contextualize it. We've never had a president with such a casual relationship to the truth. We have no count of how many lies Barack Obama or George W. Bush told per day because, well, they weren't as committed to saying and then repeating falsehoods as Trump quite clearly is.

trump is a fvcking lair - obvious to anyone with ears and a brain that can turn sound into thought 

It's not going to matter to him. He will rationalize Trump's behavior in any way he can. 

27 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It's not going to matter to him. He will rationalize Trump's behavior in any way he can. 

Standard operating procedure for trumpians - no matter the level of stupidity, the harm he does to institutions and long time allies they will stick with him for some weird reason that only deep psychoanalysis could bring to light 

Example: "You or a family member have a pre-existing medical conditions that could threaten life & financial stability? Yes!"  ..........."trump wants to repeal the entire ACA allowing denial of health insurance to you & yours! I don't care, I hate socialized medicine"  :wacko: :shrug: 

Much of the Deep State conspiricy theory has come from Q. We do have one poster who has repeated the claims made on QAnon 4Chan message boards.

This is a couple of months old, but it gives a pretty good run down of the end game where “every dog gets its day.” Which is refered to as #TheStorm. Where Clinton, Obama et al, are rounded up when Trump decides the time is right to pull the trigger.

The central claim of the #QAnon conspiracy theory is that President Donald Trump’s Justice Department has filed thousands of sealed indictments against Democratic leaders, Hollywood celebrities, and wealthy elites.

All are guilty of a variety of misdeeds, horrific sex crimes, affiliation with the “deep state,” and/or intent to harm the president and his administration.

And when the time is right, Trump will order the indictments unsealed, prompting a massive wave of arrests, with the accused tried in the field and sent to Guantanamo Bay for indefinite detention.

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/sealed-indictments-qanon-conspiracy/

So, it sounds like if you get your news from Reddit, you probably will be exposed to a lot of batshit crazy stuff. Who would have thought?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan