Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alum93

Wyoming vs NMSU

31 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

With as many injuries as we seem to be incurring in Fall camp, personally, I kind of question our S&C...

Overtraining? Definitely could be a cause for concern and something to look into. Could be totally unrelated as well though.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

37 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

With as many injuries as we seem to be incurring in Fall camp, personally, I kind of question our S&C...

That was my initial thought as well. Thing is, most of injuries (certainly the most publicized injuries) seem to be concentrated with the O-Line. There's not been much chatter or indication of any injuries on defense whatsoever, and what's been disclosed about injuries on the rest of the offense doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. It just may be horrible luck/timing for the O-Line. If there were a common theme to their ailments--if we were seeing similar injuries to multiple players, that would definitely indicate something's probably amiss with S&C. However, it's all over the board, medically. One has a torn bicep, one is coming off a concussion and yet another had knee or ankle issues. Really could just be shit luck; the ye olde injury bug.

10 hours ago, alum93 said:

Game day right around the corner.  11 more days.  Forecast is for a high of 96 degrees.  Temp should be around 88/89 for 8:00 pm kickoff.  A few injuries have been reported, but nothing major.  Tickets are selling well.  Each side of our stadium sits 15k.  Stadium capacity is 30,343. Season ticket holders are mainly on west side behind NMSU sideline.  Looks like we might hit 25k+ for opening night.

Any new updates out of Wyoming?  Anyone coming down?

Mario MocciaVerified account @MarioMocciaNMSU
FollowFollow @MarioMocciaNMSU
More

Ended today with just 3,600 seats available for @NMStateFootball vs Wyoming on the east side of Aggie Memorial! Sold a huge block at 7pm & then another tonight, now we have 2,900 remaining!! Thanks to 2 TX & 1 CA @NMStateAggies ex fb players!

8:33 PM - 13 Aug 2018

Selling tickets for $3.00 will get that done!

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/sports/2018/08/14/nm-state-sacrifice-gate-espn-2-national-exposure/989111002/

12 hours ago, stchas said:

12 hours ago, stchas said:

Maybe UNM should try that since no one gives a $hit about Lobo football in Albuquerque and your dumpster fire athletic department!

On 8/8/2018 at 9:32 AM, madmartigan said:

@alum93 you're a solid poster, thanks for bringing the NMSU knowledge. What facility upgrades are planned/in the works for your football program? I'd love to see NMSU find a good home at the D1 level, I just doubt it will be here due to certain unmentionable teams north of you. 

I don't think the team, aka, "those we don't speak of", has any clout to keep us out of anywhere when it comes to possible future membership in the MWC.  UNMs athletic dept. is a dumpster fire.  The former AD ran the athletic department like a banana republic and now they are in debt up the wazzou, dwindling enrollments and attendance at all athletic programs, etc.  The entire school has problems not just at the athletic department but the entire school.  The amount of corruption is criminal and to think the idiots up north thought that they were financially capable of being a Big 12 member shows you what delusional clueless idiots are running the show and how a large segment of their fan base is also just as clueless, especially Mr. Stache.  Meanwhile, NMSU enrollment is up considerably for the second year in a year, our AD has balanced the budget every year, and we had one of the largest increases in attendance figures in college football last year.  Our AD is selling packets of 100 tickets for $3.00 each for the Wyoming game, but you have to buy 100 to get that price.  Season ticket sales for this coming year has already exceeded the dollar amount of tickets sold FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON OF ALL TICKETS SOLD LAST YEAR!  So drone on Mr. Stache.  NMSU athletics in all sports is kicking your @sses.  Now, lets get that 3rd win in a row vs. your $hitty football program and onward to a bowl game that our town didn't have to invent so we would have a bowl game to be invited too! 

10 minutes ago, dancingNMSUaggie said:

I don't think the team, aka, "those we don't speak of", has any clout to keep us out of anywhere when it comes to possible future membership in the MWC.  UNMs athletic dept. is a dumpster fire.  The former AD ran the athletic department like a banana republic and now they are in debt up the wazzou, dwindling enrollments and attendance at all athletic programs, etc.  The entire school has problems not just at the athletic department but the entire school.  The amount of corruption is criminal and to think the idiots up north thought that they were financially capable of being a Big 12 member shows you what delusional clueless idiots are running the show and how a large segment of their fan base is also just as clueless, especially Mr. Stache.  Meanwhile, NMSU enrollment is up considerably for the second year in a year, our AD has balanced the budget every year, and we had one of the largest increases in attendance figures in college football last year.  Our AD is selling packets of 100 tickets for $3.00 each for the Wyoming game, but you have to buy 100 to get that price.  Season ticket sales for this coming year has already exceeded the dollar amount of tickets sold FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON OF ALL TICKETS SOLD LAST YEAR!  So drone on Mr. Stache.  NMSU athletics in all sports is kicking your @sses.  Now, lets get that 3rd win in a row vs. your $hitty football program and onward to a bowl game that our town didn't have to invent so we would have a bowl game to be invited too! 

While I appreciate the instate dynamic between UNM and NM State, I think you are very wrong if you think UNM has no influence in whether you should ever get an invite.

I don't have any problem with you guys selling tickets for $3 for the first game of the season.  It gets a lot of BITS and if you guys can pull off the upset it'll help you sell tickets at regular prices for the next game.  Makes some sense to me.

Please beat the shyt outta BYU for me :) 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

28 minutes ago, dancingNMSUaggie said:

Dancing d bag,

nmsu is 6-16 vs UNM basketball in the last 11 years.  nmsu is 14-24 vs UNM in basketball since the inception of the MWC.  nmsu has a losing record  in the Pan Am Center vs UNM since the inception of the MWC.  UNM has won 4 of the last 6 vs nmsu in football.  You're right..."NMSU athletics in all sports is kicking your @sses."   BTW, why do you claim on your twitter account that nmsu has been to 4 "Sweet 16's"?  No such thing as a "Sweet 16" until after 1985.  nmsu's only Sweet 16 was vacated,(1992).

16 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

The strength and conditioning staff at WYO has been doing some great stuff! Interested to see if that along with the brand new fueling station have an immediate, noticeable impact on the teams’ performance.

11 more days until kickoff!!!!!

That's a really cool video.  Here is one for NMSU.  It's a little long, but the first couple minutes show some nice views for the stadium with the mountains in the background at the 1:10     minute mark.  Martin talks about the challenges of building on last year's bowl win.  Plus it's always nice to watch the winning TD run in OT for the Arizona bowl win.

21 minutes ago, stchas said:

Dancing d bag,

nmsu is 6-16 vs UNM basketball in the last 11 years.  nmsu is 14-24 vs UNM in basketball since the inception of the MWC.  nmsu has a losing record  in the Pan Am Center vs UNM since the inception of the MWC.  UNM has won 4 of the last 6 vs nmsu in football.  You're right..."NMSU athletics in all sports is kicking your @sses."   BTW, why do you claim on your twitter account that nmsu has been to 4 "Sweet 16's"?  No such thing as a "Sweet 16" until after 1985.  nmsu's only Sweet 16 was vacated,(1992).

Stchas, your passion for the rivalry is fun and i respect that.  I guess winning 4 of last 6 is a nice way to say UNM has lost 2 in a row.  The series is also 5-5 over the last 10 years.  If we win at home next month, and my guess is we will be favored,  we will have won 6 times in the last decade alone.  NMSU football has won in Albuquerque in 2009, 20011, and 2017.  As far as basketball,  NMSU has won 3 in a row there as well.  We lost Weir, but most fans think we got the better end of the deal with Jans replacing him.  He finished with a top 40 RPI and swept UNM in his first season.  I enjoy the rivalry as much as you do.  Looking forward to the game on September 15th.  It's been nice to finally win in state games on a consistent basis in football.  That hasn't always been the case.  Actually over the last 2 decades NMSU is 8-12 versus UNM.  Hoping for both MWC games at home that Wyoming and UNM fans travel down.  3 of the last 4 games have gone down to the wire.  I am betting on another evenly matched game in 2018.  If we get decent production from the qb position, i think all 3 MWC games this year will be competitive and up for grabs.

First up we have Wyoming and that is the focus for our fans.  10 days and counting with ESPN2 crew coming to town.  

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, dancingNMSUaggie said:

Well, one thing we have in common with Wyoming is both schools were sued by Oklahoma State for the Pistol Pete mascot.

NMSU should be in the MWC.

You guys would be good fit.  And your fans are great.  Not that that riffraff at UTEP.

Good basketball and football.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

NMSU should be in the MWC.

You guys would be good fit.  And your fans are great.  Not that that riffraff at UTEP.

Good basketball and football.

UTEP has a beautiful campus and 50k+ stadium in a city with over 600k people.  They would fit in perfect with the MWC and have a rich history with most of the schools.  They are also close enough for fans to realistically drive to games at UNM, Air Force, and CSU.  I would guess they will be on the short list if and when the MWC needs to expand.  Obviously that isn't happening anytime soon.  The campuses of NMSU and UTEP are only 41 miles apart which makes for a great regional rivalry.  We are very fortunate to be able to schedule both UTEP and UNM every  year in football and twice a year each for basketball.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, dancingNMSUaggie said:

Well, one thing we have in common with Wyoming is both schools were sued by Oklahoma State for the Pistol Pete mascot.

This will be a fun game between two Cowboy schools.

4ce40c0a3a977beb5c4462b4fe9e2225.jpg

57dde0f87b194.image.jpg

usa_today_10505925.0.jpg

13a660bdc385e57e6ec81a8621de7645.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, alum93 said:

UTEP has a beautiful campus and 50k+ stadium in a city with over 600k people.  They would fit in perfect with the MWC and have a rich history with most of the schools. 

They are also close enough for fans to realistically drive to games at UNM, Air Force, and CSU.  I would guess they will be on the short list if and when the MWC needs to expand.  Obviously that isn't happening anytime soon.

UTEP fans are riffraff, though.   They don't have near the class of New Mexicans (NMSU and UNM).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJKFAy5yg8

32 minutes ago, stchas said:

Dancing d bag,

What's happening in the present buddy.  But hey, since you like to live in the past, how many Final 4s does UNM have?  Also, guess which football team has had the highest ranking in the AP poll since it's inception?  Sorry stchas.  Your athletic dept. is an embarrassment to the state of NM and college athletics in general.  Thanks for stalking me on twitter and constantly trolling our message board.  You're actions only prove NMSU is your biggest rival Ahole! LOL!

15 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

UTEP fans are riffraff, though.   They don't have near the class of New Mexicans (NMSU and UNM).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJKFAy5yg8

Ha.  That video is a classic that went viral.  My favorite part is the old man that looks like he is shadow boxing.  On a personal level,  i have been to many many UTEP and UNM rivalry games over the last 30 years.  I only had one issue with UTEP fans when wearing NMSU apparel when some drunk kids were trying to talk trash walking out of a basketball game.  Nothing physical happened but it's a funny story.  On the other hand,  i have witnessed more negative events with our friends from up north.  We've discussed this issue on our own forum and fans are kind of split at who has the worse fans between UTEP and UNM.   I wish we could all be in the same conference, but it's doubtful that will ever happen.                                                    

24 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Stchas, your passion for the rivalry is fun and i respect that.  I guess winning 4 of last 6 is a nice way to say UNM has lost 2 in a row.  The series is also 5-5 over the last 10 years.  If we win at home next month, and my guess is we will be favored,  we will have won 6 times in the last decade alone.  NMSU football has won in Albuquerque in 2009, 20011, and 2017.  As far as basketball,  NMSU has won 3 in a row there as well.  We lost Weir, but most fans think we got the better end of the deal with Jans replacing him.  He finished with a top 40 RPI and swept UNM in his first season.  I enjoy the rivalry as much as you do.  Looking forward to the game on September 15th.  It's been nice to finally win in state games on a consistent basis in football.  That hasn't always been the case.  Actually over the last 2 decades NMSU is 8-12 versus UNM.  Hoping for both MWC games at home that Wyoming and UNM fans travel down.  3 of the last 4 games have gone down to the wire.  I am betting on another evenly matched game in 2018.  If we get decent production from the qb position, i think all 3 MWC games this year will be competitive and up for grabs.

First up we have Wyoming and that is the focus for our fans.  10 days and counting with ESPN2 crew coming to town.  

We're good Alum 93.  You're both respectful and knowledgeable.  Never been to a football game in Cruces.  I might do it this year.  The old lady, an Aggie, has properties in Cruces that she is trying to schedule a visit with during that weekend.  I've always wanted to try some of your local cuisine.

Just now, stchas said:

We're good Alum 93.  You're both respectful and knowledgeable.  Never been to a football game in Cruces.  I might do it this year.  The old lady, an Aggie, has properties in Cruces that she is trying to schedule a visit with during that weekend.  I've always wanted to try some of your local cuisine.

Come on down.  You will have a great time.   If we can pull an upset in either the Wyoming or USU game in first 3 games,  the UNM game will easily draw 25k+.  It's been awhile since that game has been close to sell out.  I am actually going to try and make the game in the Pit this year.  Believe it or not, i haven't been there since it was remodeled.  I expect the Jans/Weir rivalry to be awesome this season.  Both coaches are intense and teams will both be in high 20s for wins.  

4 minutes ago, dancingNMSUaggie said:

What's happening in the present buddy.  But hey, since you like to live in the past, how many Final 4s does UNM have?  Also, guess which football team has had the highest ranking in the AP poll since it's inception?  Sorry stchas.  Your athletic dept. is an embarrassment to the state of NM and college athletics in general.  Thanks for stalking me on twitter and constantly trolling our message board.  You're actions only prove NMSU is your biggest rival Ahole! LOL!

I enjoy watching your back and forth with GCU.  You're a comical follow!  BTW, you should learn how to spell and  learn the difference between "who's" and "whose", "their" and "they're", etc.