Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd

Nevada basketball: season tickets

Less than 2,000 seats remaining at Lawlor, and this is after a fairly significant price increase. Obviously it's to be expected considering our preseason projections, but still it's great to see the fans step up. 

That puts us at around 8,000 so far (not including 1,200 student tickets *cough* CSU *cough*), and they go on sale to the general public on July 11th. Hopefully we can sell around 9,000 this year. This could even pass our season ticket #s in football (just like lil bro).

Is it basketball season yet???

1 minute ago, bigd said:

Less than 2,000 seats remaining at Lawlor, and this is after a fairly significant price increase. Obviously it's to be expected considering our preseason projections, but still it's great to see the fans step up. 

That puts us at around 8,000 so far (not including 1,200 student tickets *cough* CSU *cough*), and they go on sale to the general public on July 11th. Hopefully we can sell around 9,000 this year. This could even pass our season ticket #s in football (just like lil bro).

That was announced on Twitter what, a week ago?  It was part of a last-minute season ticket sales push.  Awesome to see.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

On 7/6/2018 at 12:10 AM, bigd said:

Yes, student season ticket holders are the cornerstone of every great program. And a BIG 'thank you!!!!!' to the CSU fans that brought that to our attention. 

kat.jpg

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2018/07/17/nevada-passes-8-000-season-ticket-mark-first-time-decade/791651002/

We've officially passed the 8,000 mark, up from 5,931 last year. This is despite in increase by as much as $1,000 per ticket for some seats. 

Hopefully we can keep selling. Our record was 9,768 season tickets in 07-08. 

With you guys being preseason national champs and all, I figured there would be a waiting list. What's up?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

22 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

With you guys being preseason national champs and all, I figured there would be a waiting list. What's up?

No fireworks announced.How long was the waiting list for SDSU in 2011? I mean, since that was an even better team and all, they DID sell out every game, right? 

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I haven't seen that written anywhere.

I'll figure something out.

yay, I just bought my football Zonie seat.

No official announcement just me doing the math. I suppose there could be but with the demand I just don’t see it. I think it makes more sense to charge face value for single game tickets.

I also could be talking out my arse so there’s that too. 

21 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Somebody is triggered. 

Not really. It's just that inquiring minds want to know. I mean, what's the deal?  Has to be the hottest ticket in town, no? Are Wolf                      Pack fans too cool for school?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke