Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

College Football News 2018-19 Bowl Predictions

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Aw, 15 years of not buying into the hype. You'll probably be right eventually. 

Damn straight. Glad it finally happened last year...

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Every pre-season @#1Stunner be like:

byu_pharisee.jpg

Then reality sets in:

max-hall-byu-az-cardinal-gilbert-police2

BYU has got to beat Boise in football this year.

We will crush Boise, and send them home in tears.   Elvis has left the building!!!!

16 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Were you one of the Lobofans last year that couldn't figure out why they weren't being picked to win the SEC Mountain? 

No, I was confident the would be a bowl team though. 

I can see BYU winning six games without having to beat Utah or Boise St to get there. BYU will beat UMass, McNeese St, Hawaii, NMSU, Utah St and I think they can beat California as well.

However they lose one of those games, I think that will make things a little shakier.

The Utah game I think is a toss up between them because rivalry games, you have a hard time predicting what will happen in those. 

For BYU their first game will be telling. 

25 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

San Diego St fans won't let their team go to Boise for a bowl game. 

Right, I'm sure the bowl committees are running their selections past SDSU fans first.

21 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Right, I'm sure the bowl committees are running their selections past SDSU fans first.

I'm just saying the fans wouldn't put up for that. They would probably burn down the Athletic Department if they accepted a bowl bid to Boise because as some would tell you they are above that bowl

1 hour ago, cherrycrush said:

Lobos get both Wyoming and Boise at home this season. The schedule sets up nice for a bowl game and UNM will compete for the mountain division again.

They won't compete for the division.

Having the good teams at home isn't always a good thing. That means your winnable games are road games... making all of them games you can lose. 

Guest #1Stunner
18 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Aw. People not buying into the hype is making mare sad...

Believe the hype.  BYU is back. 

Just win baby.

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

San Diego St fans won't let their team go to Boise for a bowl game. Right now I just have a hard time seeing where UNLV would get their 6 wins from. 

SDSU has played in Boise before.

13 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Every pre-season @#1Stunner be like:

byu_pharisee.jpg

Then reality sets in:

max-hall-byu-az-cardinal-gilbert-police2

Reduce the size of the lower picture and photoshop some glasses on the thing and it would make a great Shorthair Thompson "like."

Boom goes the dynamite.

The Infamous Potato Bowl wasn't beneath SDSU five years ago when we had a noodle arm QB and hadn't had a double-digit win season in more than four decades. Although he may not be all-conference, we now have a much better QB and are coming off three consecutive double-digit wins seasons. So yeah, the IP Bowl IS beneath us.

To get serious for a minute, I still think it's likely we will go to the LV Bowl but if we don't, we will be in the Zona Bowl - which we will win by a similar margin to the 2013 Infamous Potato Bowl: 25 points.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The Infamous Potato Bowl wasn't beneath SDSU five years ago when we had a noodle arm QB and hadn't had a double-digit win season in more than four decades. Although he may not be all-conference, we now have a much better QB and are coming off three consecutive double-digit wins seasons. So yeah, the IP Bowl IS beneath us.

To get serious for a minute, I still think it's likely we will go to the LV Bowl but if we don't, we will be in the Zona Bowl - which we will win by a similar margin to the 2013 Infamous Potato Bowl: 25 points.

I'm not sure how much input hair has vs your school AD, but do you think they'll try angling for an open Pac-12 bowl slot if it happens again like last year?  A lot of the aftermath articles basically implied that SDSU had angled for the Foster Farms bowl really hard and the armed forces bowl was basically the last resort once it became clear they were gonna take purdue instead.

By contrast, the word was that Tedford was pretty content with the Hawaii Bowl because of the extra practices and recruiting time.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, kingpotato said:

True, but Fresno is also not as good as Boise... according to everyone.

According to everyone, Fresno was not as good as Boise was LAST YEAR.

It didn't stop Fresno from beating Boise ANYWAY by double digits.

19 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I'm not sure how much input hair has vs your school AD, but do you think they'll try angling for an open Pac-12 bowl slot if it happens again like last year?  A lot of the aftermath articles basically implied that SDSU had angled for the Foster Farms bowl really hard and the armed forces bowl was basically the last resort once it became clear they were gonna take purdue instead.

By contrast, the word was that Tedford was pretty content with the Hawaii Bowl because of the extra practices and recruiting time.

What you heard is consistent with what I heard and you have to think Rocky really wanted a chance for a third 2017 win against a Pac opponent.

After the news came out that we weren't going to Foster Farms and then one after another bowl passed on us before we finally got stuck playing Army, Rocky got out his cassette recorder and replayed his old mantra that bowl games are primarily to give the players a vacation and allow the coaches to give backups a bunch of practice reps to get a head start on the spring. I still thought we would beat Army because they were a mediocre team. However, it was clear from the get-go our defense was inadequately prepared. I just checked the stats and confirmed that Army was 13-18 on third down conversations. The inability of our much bigger front seven to bully their blockers when we knew 100% that they would run was stunning. Particularly so because in 2012, we led Army 35-0 until they finally scored late in the third, following which we took their KO back to the house and then Rocky pulled almost all his starters and they still couldn't score again.

I love Rocky but when it comes to bowl games, he can be infuriating.

Boom goes the dynamite.