Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Boise Fans: Is the stadium expansion proposal still on the table?

On 7/2/2018 at 11:44 AM, tailingpermit said:

The only thing Albertsons Stadium needs right now are more club seats and suites. 

And beer sales.

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

Solid chirping there TP.  Happy 4th!

Dude. 

Is the Vandull board really so slow that you're here?

That really says it all.

1 hour ago, nocoolnamejim said:

And beer sales.

*** Mega beer sales, inside the stadium.

Millions on revenue lost because of the damn BYU- dominated SBOE.

Thomas new?

Is it hard to believe he's been around a long time?

Bad posters sometimes have a habit of trying to re-invent themselves.

Will you know him if I give you a hint?

Hunting for the name now - it might appear right before your eyes.

:D  (yes, it never gets old!)

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

On 7/4/2018 at 11:36 AM, Thomas said:

*** Mega beer sales, inside the stadium.

Millions on revenue lost because of the damn BYU- dominated SBOE.

I think you overestimate things.  University of Texas, with a slightly larger stadium and fan base, made 1.3 million in profit on 3.1 million in revenue in 2016.  Doubt Boise can get there, unless your entire fan base consists of raging alcoholics.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-fans-drink-alcohol-sales-jumped-70-percent-2016/

Alcohol sales spiked more than 70 percent during the 2016 season compared to the previous year as Texas generated $3.1 million in revenue from beer, wine and liquor sold at football games.

According to data obtained through an open records request, Texas raked in $2.8 million in beer sales, $128,321 in wine sales and another $141,632 in liquor sales during six home games in what ultimately became a 5-7 season.

The athletic department netted about $1.3 million of those sales as part of its contract with 1883 Provision Company, a UT spokesman said.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I believe most people deserve a second chance. There have been times in my life where I just stopped posting on forums for months at a time simply because life had gotten rough and I didn't trust what I may say to people.  I didn't believe in temporary insanity until I got divorced and hated the world for six months or so. Another was October 2008 when I lost most of my 401K and housing investments. Looking back those where times that I probably would have gotten myself banned from most any forum community but luckily, I had to foresight to just read for a while. 

Pretty sure we all have done things in our past that were unpopular and wrong. That's life, doing stupid things and learning from them. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

Back to original topic, we need to sell more tickets and seats out before even talking about expanding the stadium anymore. It blows my mind that 300,000 plus people in this area cannot sell out a little 37,000 seat stadium each game. 

All kinds of excuses too. Ticket prices are in line with a winning team that goes to bowl games every year. Ticket prices cannot and will not drop because we are a growing school in a state that does not fund education. The money is needed to fund the program. 

Bsu has an option where yo can make payments on the tickets from January on thru September and my own adult kids do this for their tickets. 

I do think BSU should get rid of "special colors schemes" for every damn game. It pisses people off, myself included. I know they want to sell more shirts and jackets, but most people are sick and tired of having to wear special shirts just to go to a damn game. 

But they would be foolish now to expand the stadium until the Boise area starts to care about and support it's football team better. 

2 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

Back to original topic, we need to sell more tickets and seats out before even talking about expanding the stadium anymore. It blows my mind that 300,000 plus people in this area cannot sell out a little 37,000 seat stadium each game. 

All kinds of excuses too. Ticket prices are in line with a winning team that goes to bowl games every year. Ticket prices cannot and will not drop because we are a growing school in a state that does not fund education. The money is needed to fund the program. 

Bsu has an option where yo can make payments on the tickets from January on thru September and my own adult kids do this for their tickets. 

I do think BSU should get rid of "special colors schemes" for every damn game. It pisses people off, myself included. I know they want to sell more shirts and jackets, but most people are sick and tired of having to wear special shirts just to go to a damn game. 

But they would be foolish now to expand the stadium until the Boise area starts to care about and support it's football team better. 

A couple of things:

I think your  projection of selling out a 37000 seat stadium in your market, in many of the MWC markets, is optimistic. Your asking about 10% of the population to pay a fair sum of cash and show up on six Saturdays every fall. Hell, in this day and age I'm not even sure 10% of the population would identify as college "football fans", much less be willing to shell out ~$50 to attend a game.

What happens if you show up wearing a different colored shirt?

24 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

He's good, but @DesVandal is the king of getting under the skin of my fellow Bronco fans.I think he went into retirement but he still has the belt. 

Like most of them, he either gave up on the Vandals when they dropped to FCS Big Sky, or he was already a closet Bronco Fan, going to games in Boise. There were a lot of those.

What happens if you show up wearing a different colored shirt?

You end up being the one out of place looking person in your section, maybe a few people joke ya about it. But yeah, it' s just one more pain in the ass thing to have to remember to bring to the game, besides tickets and tailgating stuff. You wont believe how many times I have had to drive back home because I forgot our tickets. 

1 hour ago, WilliamHicks said:

You end up being the one out of place looking person in your section, maybe a few people joke ya about it. But yeah, it' s just one more pain in the ass thing to have to remember to bring to the game, besides tickets and tailgating stuff. You wont believe how many times I have had to drive back home because I forgot our tickets. 

Hey dumbass! You admit to doing it more than once?

That's why each summer when you get your tickets and parking pass, you leave them in the glove box. 

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Hey dumbass! You admit to doing it more than once?

That's why each summer when you get your tickets and parking pass, you leave them in the glove box. 

Someone broke into my car back in 2005 thru the window that they broke, stole my stereo and damn near everything from my jockey box. Including my .45 .

So, I stopped leaving shit in my car ever since. 

9 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

300k? You in a Time Warp to 1970?  The Boise metro pop is over 700k making it even worse.

42 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

300k? You in a Time Warp to 1970?  The Boise metro pop is over 700k making it even worse.

You are counting ALL of the surrounding communities way out past Caldwell.

Boise is actually currently at  around 230,000. 

Meridian is at around 100,000

Eagle is around 28,000

Ada county is around 434,000 

My 300,000 was being generous. Either way, that little stadium should not ever have unsold seats. We have a powerhouse FB team. 

On 7/5/2018 at 3:51 PM, WilliamHicks said:

He's good, but @DesVandal is the king of getting under the skin of my fellow Bronco fans.I think he went into retirement but he still has the belt. 

He can't say much more since they dropped to Big Sky level! 

On 7/7/2018 at 8:57 AM, Bronco22 said:

He can't say much more since they dropped to Big Sky level! 

Don't bring me out of retirement...  your football team can't protect you from an online bully session.  I'll have you two in AA meetings by seasons' end.  Yer mentally weak.  Like that slot reciever the donks had playing last year.  Weak.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!