Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Boise Fans: Is the stadium expansion proposal still on the table?

Guest #1Stunner

Remember Boise's pitch the Big12?   That they would be building a huge, nice new stadium in an effort to further build their football program.

It looked amazing.....  A big upgrade.

Boise fans, is this still a possibility?   I'd love to have BYU vs Boise played in a big time stadium.  I guess it would expand Albertsons Stadium to about the same size as Utah's stadium.  So it seems doable.  What is the plan?

stadium-expansion-boise-state.jpg

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-states-big-12-pitch-obama-co-signs-for-bsu-plan-to-expand-stadium/

32 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Remember Boise's pitch the Big12?   That they would be building a huge, nice new stadium in an effort to further build their football program.

Boise fans, is this still a possibility?   I'd love to have BYU vs Boise played in a big time stadium.  I guess it would expand Albertsons Stadium to about the same size as Utah's stadium.  So it seems doable.  What is the plan?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-states-big-12-pitch-obama-co-signs-for-bsu-plan-to-expand-stadium/

Not at present as far as I know, since there will be no conference realignment moves anytime soon. Since the newest TV contract, Boise State's home games are all on ESPN, and that, coupled with losing more often in recent years, attendance has trended down slightly for the past few years.

Why expand the stadium, if it isn't currently selling-out with regularity? Sure, some games will always sell-out, like a P5 opponent, or BYU, which has a lot of fans in the Boise area, but we're unlikely to sell out for a game vs New Mexico or UNLV with the current TV situtation, ticket demand, and increased efforts by the BYU Grad-influenced State Board of Education trying to further restrict alcohol consumption at the pregame tailgates.

45 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Utah's south end zone project with new capacity and artist renderings are supposed to be revealed this fall.  I hope they are water colors.  I think it will creep RES capacity to the low/mid 50's.

What can we do to get you a new avatar?  It's blank, I have one for you:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-7ox-SOMD8RNMyEUhOyR 

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

The only thing Albertsons Stadium needs right now are more club seats and suites. 

This.  The bowl shown in the pic is a no-go with the new football facility directly behind it.    There is still a plan on the board for renovating the east side of the stadium across from the luxury suites and press box on the west.    Luxury boxes up top and a concourse rebuild with open areas, and if the state government pulls their heads out of their arses, a beer garden area.   2-3 years out minimum. 

15 minutes ago, roughrider said:

This.  The bowl shown in the pic is a no-go with the new football facility directly behind it.    There is still a plan on the board for renovating the east side of the stadium across from the luxury suites and press box on the west.    Luxury boxes up top and a concourse rebuild with open areas, and if the state government pulls their heads out of their arses, a beer garden area.   2-3 years out minimum. 

Heh.

Don't get your hopes up on the BierGarden. At least until the SBOE isn't dominated by BYU alco-thugs.

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The next expansion is going to be luxury suites on the east end. The west suites/club/loge (loge and suites have a multi year waiting list) are mostly sold out on the west side and create tremendous more revenue than bleacher expansion would. That will also allow them to update/upgrade the concourse/concession/bathrooms on the east, as well. Those seats will likely be pre-sold and get capacity to 39-40k. My guess is that would be the last stadium expansion/upgrade for quite some time.

Guest #1Stunner
23 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

The next expansion is going to be luxury suites on the east end. 

The west suites/club/loge (loge and suites have a multi year waiting list) are mostly sold out on the west side and create tremendous more revenue than bleacher expansion would. That will also allow them to update/upgrade the concourse/concession/bathrooms on the east, as well. Those seats will likely be pre-sold and get capacity to 39-40k. My guess is that would be the last stadium expansion/upgrade for quite some time.

I'm sad to hear this...  Albertson's Stadium needs more general admission, and less expensive seating.

Seems like Boise State is pricing out families and the common man.   @Jeffkills

They should be building more seats, so that families can afford to attend.  Pretty soon it will be the rich elites ( @tailingpermit,  )

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm sad to hear this...  Albertson's Stadium needs more general admission, and less expensive seating.

They should be building more seats, so that families can afford to attend.  Pretty soon it will be the rich elites ( @tailingpermit,  )

With the current prices for reserved seats, it kind of already is for the rich, though BSU has some low-cost GA ticket packages for those on a tighter budget.

25 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The general admission seats need to come down anyway. The modest budget families were priced out years ago. They have started doing some affordable ticket plans for the first time in two decades. It's also hard to sell season tickets to families when half of the games have an 8:15 pm kick off time. The price and kick off times have never been an issue with me, but it is for a lot of people. More bleacher seats wouldn't generate much more revenue as it would just require ticket price decreases to fill them for most of the games. Suites are a no-brainer. 

I would like the see the south endzone bowl completed.  Not to add capacity per se, but to help with the look, feel, and continuity of the stadium. It has a chintzy erector set look that really cheapens the whole place.   

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

I think the lack of affordable tickets is Harsins  fault somehow. #Fireharsin

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Utah's south end zone project with new capacity and artist renderings are supposed to be revealed this fall.  I hope they are water colors.  I think it will creep RES capacity to the low/mid 50's.

What can we do to get you a new avatar?  It's blank, I have one for you:

Please keep me up dated, I'm thinking of returning to my roots and would like to score a couple of season tickets in the expanded stadium.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-7ox-SOMD8RNMyEUhOyR 

2 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

I would like the see the south endzone bowl completed.  Not to add capacity per se, but to help with the look, feel, and continuity of the stadium. It has a chintzy erector set look that really cheapens the whole place.   

I could be wrong, but I think the issue of incline in the south endzone  has to do with the building code which won’t allow steeper stairs as exist in the rest of the stadium now.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I could be wrong, but I think the issue of incline in the south endzone  has to do with the building code which won’t allow steeper stairs as exist in the rest of the stadium now.

I've heard the same thing, but I've never gotten confirmation from anybody in the know. But surely there could be something done to complete that bowl. 

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

I'd be surprised if we expand at all in the next 10 years. Improvements, sure (like the East side stadium), but no expansion. Unless we miraculously start selling out every game. If only we could get SJSU up here more often to attract the crowds...

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I've heard this before.

Not sure whether it's true or urban legend, as I'm no construction guy.

It does seem like if this is true, then adding the South Wings to match would have been a problem, but IDK?