Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

It looks like Gen. Kelly is out as Chief of Staff

I know that nothing is settled on this one yet, but I couldn't help but hum...... do do do.. do.. do... another one bites the dust.

President Donald Trump is consulting with advisers about whom he should tap as his next chief of staff, with John Kelly expected to depart the administration as early as this summer, possibly soon, according to people familiar with the matter.

The two front-runners for the job, the people said, are Nick Ayers, who serves as chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence, and Mick Mulvaney, who heads the Office of Management and Budget as well as serving as acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

-----

Mr. Kelly has told colleagues he doesn’t intend to stay in the role beyond his one-year mark, which is July 31. People close to the White House said that departure could come as early as this week or could follow the president’s mid-July trip to Europe, where he will attend the North Atlantic Treaty Organization summit and meet with the leaders of the U.K. and Russia.

One person close to the White House said Mr. Kelly doesn’t believe he can serve Mr. Trump well because the president has stopped listening to him. This person said Mr. Kelly no longer likes the job and doesn’t believe the president genuinely wants a chief of staff.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-consults-advisers-about-possible-replacement-for-chief-of-staff-john-kelly-1530212632

Good for General Kelly. I'm sure he can use a break from the madness.

3 hours ago, RiverCityBronco said:

If you aren't a "yes-man/woman" you can't work for Trump.  People should have this figured out by now.  

Unfortunately Kelly had become a yes man. The worst example was when he talked out of his ass about the African American Congresswoman who listened in on the conversation between Trump and the wife of the soldier who was killed in that ambush in Nigeria or wherever it was. Kelly said he thought so doing was despicable or some similar word because it should have been a private conversation between the widow and Kelly's boss, the White House buffoon. And he said so without apparently knowing that the widow asked the Congresswoman to be with her and shared the call with the Congresswoman.

But you're absolutely correct in what you say. And with regard to Kelly, how "sad" is that? Trump reduced Kelly from a highly respected career military man to just another lackey.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Unfortunately Kelly had become a yes man. The worst example was when he talked out of his ass about the African American Congresswoman who listened in on the conversation between Trump and the wife of the soldier who was killed in that ambush in Nigeria or wherever it was. Kelly said he thought so doing was despicable or some similar word because it should have been a private conversation between the widow and Kelly's boss, the White House buffoon. And he said so without apparently knowing that the widow asked the Congresswoman to be with her and shared the call with the Congresswoman.

But you're absolutely correct in what you say. And with regard to Kelly, how "sad" is that? Trump reduced Kelly from a highly respected career military man to just another lackey.

Trump won't go face to face and tell a person that he/she is fired.  If his baiting fails to encourage them to resign or quit, he'll put the onus on somebody else to can them.  That habit probably goes back to his business days.  If he fired someone he/she may sue him and divulge sleazy stuff in court, or settle out of court instead.  He's too old to change.   

General Mattis might not be far behind.  He has been kept completely out of the loop on some things and supposedly, Trump doesn't trust his advice.  General Mattis was one of the few things Trump did get right. 

down in a hole.jpg

3 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

General Mattis might not be far behind.  He has been kept completely out of the loop on some things and supposedly, Trump doesn't trust his advice.  General Mattis was one of the few things Trump did get right. 

It seems none of the adults can handle being in the administration for long.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Sorry to hear that you’ve got TDS, as well. 

kat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Sorry to hear that you’ve got TDS, as well. 

Liberal_Head_Exploding_TDS_01 (1).gif

5 hours ago, Mano said:

It seems none of the adults can handle being in the administration for long.

There’s a few things in play. #1 No doubt Trump can be a pain in the ass and an idiot. That’s absolutely and obviously a part of it.

#2 It wouldn’t have mattered if Trump had come in with no learning curve required and were completely organized. The amount of constant in-coming fire from the left (press) in every direction would cause any administration to be chaotic trying to get their narrative out there. People burn out easily in those kinds of environments. That should be expected.

#3 Similar to #2, Trump hasn’t just been dealing with lefties, he has people in his own party trying to sabatoge him.

#4. The pace that Trump likes to tackle by big issues is very fast compared to other presidents. That’s also going to put a big strain on his people. 

It wouldn’t matter if I loved him or hated him, but there’s one thing I’m blown away by. The amount of shit piled on him in the last year and a half is mind boggling. He had people in his own circle he trusted that betrayed him leaking and sabatoging him. His wife was also very pissed at him in various time periods. All of the drug cartels came out and put an incredibly high bounty on his head, as well. Did that make him reduce his public events? Not a bit. 

Despite all that on this guys head, not only did he not crumble under the pressure like everyone else would have, he’s actually gotten quite a bit done in 1.5 years as well as attempted things that need more time. This dude has an indestructible backbone and it really is amazing. If you hate him it’s amazingly horrible. But if you have any objective bone in your body, you would have to agree. 

kat.jpg

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

You should send that to Quentin Tarantino, and he’d like it so much he’d have an erection.

Quentin is pretty into the gore.

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

He’s into cheesy, low-fi, way over the top gore that looks like he had a special effects budget of $200. 

They're basically 1970s action flicks, Tarantino movies.

5 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Gawd I hope Mattis sticks around.  Tillerson and Mattis brought me hope, particularly Mattis.  With both gone, phuck.

These are all artifacts of (dealing with) someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

There is a reason more than fifty high-ranking military officers and diplomats made the unprecedented act of signing an open letter prior to the election stating Trump was mentally unfit for the office.

Every single worst-case scenario and/or fear of the direct and indirect consequences of a Trump presidency have been and/or are being realized.

Like others, I took some solace in the fact that, in theory, our Constitutional Democracy would protect us from the machinations of an authoritarian dictatorial fascist coup. However, the abatement of that risk was largely predicated on the assumption the GOP wouldn't sell out hook, line, and sinker to avoid the primordial primary monster of their own creation.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

These are all artifacts of (dealing with) someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

There is a reason more than fifty high-ranking military officers and diplomats made the unprecedented act of signing an open letter prior to the election stating Trump was mentally unfit for the office.

Every single worst-case scenario and/or fear of the direct and indirect consequences of a Trump presidency have been and/or are being realized.

Like others, I took some solace in the fact that, in theory, our Constitutional Democracy would protect us from the machinations of an authoritarian dictatorial fascist coup. However, the abatement of that risk was largely predicated on the assumption the GOP wouldn't sell out hook, line, and sinker to avoid the primordial primary monster of their own creation.

Good post in general, especially the first paragraph, but this part is nonsense.  

What policies support that?  The worst fears I heard were insane.  Life is chugging along just fine, some trade hiccups but the economy is stronger than ever, some issues at the border with separating families but that lasted less than 30 days.  The world keeps moving, and humanity continues to progress.  

Trump has done better than I thought he would.  Admittedly that was an extremely low bar and if polled I would say dissatisfied.

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Good post in general, especially the first paragraph, but this part is nonsense.  

What policies support that?  The worst fears I heard were insane.  Life is chugging along just fine, some trade hiccups but the economy is stronger than ever, some issues at the border with separating families but that lasted less than 30 days.  The world keeps moving, and humanity continues to progress.  

Trump has done better than I thought he would.  Admittedly that was an extremely low bar and if polled I would say dissatisfied.

How ya doin' homie? 

I had two meta-concerns, and both have been (and continue to be) realized.

The first was a threat to our national security due to a myriad of potential consequences resulting from a clueless, unhinged, immoral f*cknut defining "policy" by whatever knee-jerk, uninformed impulse fires off in his brain stem. We are seeing this, as evidenced by his continued sabotage of the alliances that have protected Western Democracy for more than a century, alliances built and protected by the blood of my ancestors through the two greatest wars in the history of mankind. 

The second concern was an attempt to usurp our democratic structures in pursuit of an attempted totalitarian regime that relied upon the same socially destructive, far-right fascism that propelled Nazi Germany into power. Whenever I and others mentioned concerns and comparisons - both implicit and explicit - that we were seeing a hard lurch towards an American analog to Nazi Germany, it was dismissed. I maintain this, too, continues to be realized.

Unfortunately, the same anti-immigrant, anti-semetic, xenophobic racism and hatred that propped the Third Reich up in power has become increasingly commonplace since this last election.

Now, less than a year after our president called neo-Nazis chanting "Blood and Soil" and "Jews will not replace us" the night before the Charlottesville attack a bunch of "fine people," we have a former CIA and NSA Director comparing us to Nazi Germany, and an actual Nazi running under the GOP banner in a congressional election.

That's the short answer to qualify the statement with which you took issue in my last post.

Now it's my turn to address your nonsense. "Some trade hiccups?" "Some issues at the border?" Lol. What a f*cking joke... do you refer to the Holocaust as a "hiccup with room temperatures at summer camp?":blink:

Markets are strong, and 401Ks have grown in value. We are at full employment. However, both metrics represent long wave trends that preceded this last election, and this administration is responsible for neither.

The economic policies of this administration are directly responsible for the rapidity of growth in the markets for the last year-plus. There is no questioning that. There has been a short-term bubble in the market from which many (myself included) have benefited. 

However, the chief economist of JP Morgan Chase is projecting an aggregate market growth of just 5% over the next five years. You do the math.

Furthermore, we are just now starting to see the very first trickle of consequence resulting from President F*cktard's "deconstruction" of free-trade agreements that are largely responsible for our ascension and retention to/as the world's largest economy in the first place. The lack of cohesive, coherent policy, the lack of understanding of fundamental economics, and the complete lack of understanding of causal relationships and the pending blowback to our economy all threaten to unravel any gains we've seen under this administration. 

The unraveling of our historic alliances threatens our national security both directly and indirectly. The complete entrenchment in climate change denial threatens our national security both directly and indirectly. The continued disregard for the rule of law is a direct threat to our democracy. The attempted politicization of our state apparatus directly threatens our democracy. The continued demonization of our Constitutionally-protected free press is a direct threat to our democracy.

Yes, I stand behind my sentiment.

It's disheartening that some people are okay with this. I, too, have benefited from a strong market, but it's not worth sacrificing my country for. The potentially permanent and catastrophic societal damage that is being done to our nation will outlast and out cost any gains we have realized on Wall Street.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg