Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaredcg

UNLV b-ball schedule

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I’m pretty sure DRF has said that she won’t tell the coaches how to do their job.

She stated that she doesn’t get involved when they hire assistants, only does background checks etc. 

The coaches have control over their staff. DRF is either giving them an opportunity to build their success or more rope to hang themselves. 

That being said, its NCAA or NIT this year for Marvin. If he can’t deliver, he’s gone. 

6 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

She stated that she doesn’t get involved when they hire assistants, only does background checks etc. 

The coaches have control over their staff. DRF is either giving them an opportunity to build their success or more rope to hang themselves. 

That being said, its NCAA or NIT this year for Marvin. If he can’t deliver, he’s gone. 

I hate to break it to you, but what you say has no affect on whether or not Menzies stays.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jaredcg said:

UNLV’s non-conference schedule is out

Loyola Marymount

UC Riverside

Oakland

Pacific

Southern Utah

Valpo

Cincinnati

at Illinois

BYU (T-Mobile Arena)

Diamondhead Classic

Yikes.....

Ehh Schedule at best. It is set up to get the team wins, however with a schedule like that s well, we aren't really going to know what kind of team UNLV is. Kind of reminds me of last years schedule for them.

16 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

I'm just not confident in the current crop of MWC coaches outside of Muss. They all seem pretty mediocre.

I think Weir may change your mind. Perhaps Dutch too.  I'm also curious to see how USU's new guy pans out. 

I hope he pans out.  I'd love to see the Spectrum rocking again.  And I miss the friendly rivalry we had in our WAC days.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

7 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I'm disappointed.  pH states you can get whomever you want on the schedule.  Teams that don't schedule hard teams do it by choice.  What happened to UNLV this year?

Menzies chose to schedule soft.  In regards to your Wyoming, the fact that they chose to play 2 for 1’s with South Carolina and Oregon State is pretty sad.

28 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Menzies chose to schedule soft.  In regards to your Wyoming, the fact that they chose to play 2 for 1’s with South Carolina and Oregon State is pretty sad.

Well, I say do whatever it takes to get decent teams on your schedule. Wyoming has some good players coming in, I'm looking forward to see what they can do.

52 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Well, I say do whatever it takes to get decent teams on your schedule. Wyoming has some good players coming in, I'm looking forward to see what they can do.

UCSB goes to Wyoming this year.  We'll be ready for the urine bombs.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:11 AM, ph90702 said:

I hate to break it to you, but what you say has no affect on whether or not Menzies stays.

It’s pretty simple. He’ll be gone if we don’t have a postseason appearance. UNLV has never had a coach that never made a postseason appearance (NIT/NCAA) three seasons in and lasted a fourth season. You should be able to recruit and have players by the third season to be successful. Took Bayno three years to make an NCAA appearance, Spoonhour was making NIT appearances even after the Bayno recruitment/Carol Harter disaster, Kruger had three years and made it to NCAA. 

5 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

It’s pretty simple. He’ll be gone if we don’t have a postseason appearance. UNLV has never had a coach that never made a postseason appearance (NIT/NCAA) three seasons in and lasted a fourth season. You should be able to recruit and have players by the third season to be successful. Took Bayno three years to make an NCAA appearance, Spoonhour was making NIT appearances even after the Bayno recruitment/Carol Harter disaster, Kruger had three years and made it to NCAA. 

Good luck with that.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

This schedule is peerless.

Have you seen the players UCR is bringing in from Texas, New Zealand and Australia? They ballin' :rotflmfao: