Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

CTE may have contributed to college players suicide

He didn't play any other position in HS - just QB.  In HS they also don't hit QB's in practice - particularly highly recruited QB's playing at a perennial football power.

I think this might be a case where the family is searching for answers and CTE is low hanging fruit.  I feel for them because I'd never want to lose a child in any manner, let alone suicide.

5 hours ago, Fowl said:

He didn't play any other position in HS - just QB.  In HS they also don't hit QB's in practice - particularly highly recruited QB's playing at a perennial football power.

I think this might be a case where the family is searching for answers and CTE is low hanging fruit.  I feel for them because I'd never want to lose a child in any manner, let alone suicide.

Good points. If a career QB can have CTE in college football it seems like damn near everybody that has played football would have it. 

Some people smoke their whole life and don't get cancer, thus smoking clearly doesn't cause cancer :lalalala:.

Football more than hockey has collisions leading with the head. Creating rules to limit this, should be a priority for the NFL, since players are their main assets and loosing them early in their careers cost the league money. Do I think that people are sue happy, sure, and I am not sure these ex players deserve any money. However being made appropriately aware of the risks before you do something is fair. 

Also to further debunk the myth of attacking football, my nephews soccer league is talking about making all the kids wear helmets to protect their brains when they head the ball. So this is going far beyond the sport of football. 

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

If SJSU is eventually ended, it would be a blessing for football. 

FIFY

I kid, I kid...

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan