SDSUfan

SDSU Plays Hide The Ball

2 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Er...my mom's dead man.

Just jokes my man.  Long standing MWC Board joke.  Dre needs to come back and liven this place up a little.

• Like 1

Just now, Wyobraska said:

Just jokes my man.  Long standing MWC Board joke.  Dre needs to come back and liven this place up a little.

Oh I know. I'm familiar with the Dre meme.

I'm totally just messing with you brother. Mom's alive and well I'm not above lying about a dead mother if the joke is good enough. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, k5james said:

Reread the UTs CPRA request the UT submitted...

"all consultants retained by SDSU to perform work/ services related to the SDSU West project, and the amounts paid to each — by month — since January 2017." 

Since SDSU cannot publicly support SDSU West you know damn well any discussion of SDSU West had an attorney involved. 

If I knew exactly who it was that made the decision to rely on attorney-client privilege as the basis for declining to turn the documents over to the U-T I might feel better about it. However, a couple of the names which have been identified as representing the university in this matter are not close to being people I would choose for such an immensely important task.

That said, although all members of the media always want access to everything a public agency does, the U-T has been one of the media organizations at the forefront of such demands and it clearly doesn't always win when trying to get it. As an example, see this: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-supreme-court/1226511.html

23 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

With all due respect to Mug's board, I don't think it has sufficient clout to sway the vote in San Diego...

Maybe not, but the pics in the Pick 10 threads could cure erectile dysfunction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, SDSUfan said:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sd-me-sdsu-west-20180625-story.html

The University has put on the ballot an initiative basically written in crayon on the back of napkin with no details, only a promise of a "transparent" process so that the good citizens of San Diego will know what the plan to put there after they win.   that's it.  Transparency!

not so much......

The problem as I've stated all along, is that SDSU is running a DIShonest campaign. 

This pretty much proves my point.

The article explains that the ballot initiative committee and the university are distinct.  That is still irrelevant to a Public Records Act request.

Perhaps SDSU is trying to broaden the PRA objection based on litigation to include actions taken in anticipation of possible litigation as well.  Usually it's easy to distinguish between the present and the future.

Usually there is a lawsuit which allows someone to determine the relevance of objecting to admitting otherwise admissible evidence based on that evidence being developed in anticipation of litigation because that evidence is relevant to a case filed in court.

Way to go SDSU admin.  This hullaballoo might sink the citizen effort lead by SDSU alums that created the initiative to compete with Soccer City!

If there is no MLS team committed by the election I seriously doubt that many voters would be inclined to vote for Soccer City regardless of a competing initiative.

At the very least more voters will be aware of the issue which helps when seeking to simultaneously defeat one initiative and win another.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:56 AM, SDSUfan said:

Well if there's one thing transparent it's your abject ignorance. 

SDSU is running a con. It will be exposed. 

The one major daily newspaper in town files a FOIA and the university ducks behind a specious privilege claim?

Do you expect an endorsement?

Why would anyone in the community trust the university at this point?

You better hope for better news from the judicial review the city attorney requested. Something tells me things won't get better.

Liars and cheats ultimately get caught.

Not always.  Some become President and tweet about how they can pardon themself.

:rimshot1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I would be down to come watch a USNT soccer game in SD if they had a proper stadium to play in. MLS is also awesome to watch in person