SDSUfan

SDSU Plays Hide The Ball

11 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

I'm sending a $100 VISA signature pre-paid card, as we agreed.  I still dont know why you're having me send it to Smolensk, Russia, though...

No need to send it.  Just call my assistant at +7 495 697-03-49 and read him the numbers on the card.  Just ask for Vlad.

• Haha 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

:OT:I am surprised at UC San Diego and USD being so quiet. You'd think they would publicly pick a side with something this important to the city as a whole.    Not relevant to all the drama, but I found it interesting that two of the three partners at FS Investors are UCSD alums. 

1 hour ago, Bruininthebay said:

If he had a service provider that is exclusively for business then that might support my guess.

It's suspicious when someone only posts about an upcoming election, doesn't have any kind of photo, and always sticks to the talking points that most politicos would use imho

EG https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Tough-times-for-Peter-Ragone-Newsom-s-press-2648359.php

The conduct that made Ragone the focus of media attention was first revealed on Jan. 25, when the blog SFist.com said an investigation of the origin of some pro-Newsom blog postings showed Ragone was writing them under the name "John Nelson." Ragone blogged back that Nelson was his best friend and "he does stay at my house all the time."

Oh, it's Faaaar worse that THAT!  I'm  an actual resident of San Diego.  I live close enough to the stadium that I can watch the fireworks from my porch. When there's a flyover, they fly practically over my house.  I shop at Ralph's on Friars.  I fill my tank at Costco next to the stadium, I'm at Lowe's at least once a week. I frequent Sansai next to Food4less when I hanker for Japanese.   In short, THIS IS A LOCAL ISSUE FOR ME! I spend time in the valley almost daily.  What happens on that site will impact my life and my property value. Soccer City is IMO, by FAR the best option for the city and a damn good one for the university, given that the university isn't in the football business, isn't a "research" institution and is PUBLIC TAXPAYER SUBSIDIZED entity, charged with conferring BA/BS degrees AT A REASONABLE COST TO THE STUDENT.

SDSU has no goddamn business spending 1/2 Billion dollars to build a phucking football stadium, when they can have a more than adequate facility for $100 mil, which includes a 34K seat stadium, expandable to 40k and 5 acres of land  upon which to build whatever revenue generating development they wish.  They also have access to by EVEN more land at market rates. oh, and they can take over ownership of the stadium after 5 years if they wish.

• Facepalm 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I can't get behind Soccer City.  FS Investors is using MLS as a front to acquire that land (does anyone think they truly care whether MLS comes or not?).  I have no dog in this fight, but I'd rather see SDSU West pass. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I can't get behind Soccer City.  FS Investors is using MLS as a front to acquire that land (does anyone think they truly care whether MLS comes or not?).  I have no dog in this fight, but I'd rather see SDSU West pass. 

No MLS, No Soccer City. It's been said over and over. It's in the MOU and it will be in the lease terms

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

It will. 

• Like 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

33 minutes ago, fearthefumanchu said:

You know it, cuz.I'm actually In your neck of the woods as we speak. At a Luau on Kauai trying to get my money's worth of free booze for insanely priced tickets.

stay away from the lava.

11 hours ago, AztecSU said:

If you read the piece the UT basically admits to wording their request wrong and putting SDSU right back in the spot that Sherman and FS were trying to put them in when they sued for the edu code infringement BS. SDSU has no control or say over SDSUwest or its internal documents. If the UT asked for documents related to SDSU "Mission Valley" they may have found it easier to get what they are looking for...or maybe not. Make no mistake what is happening here is someone cleverly forcing SDSU to disclose how it will handle the fall campaign cycle, whereas FS/SCSD is subject to no such law. Think about it...

This.  Of course everything SDSU has related to SDSU WEST will have gone through a lawyer and be subject to privelage.  SDSU isn't allowed to publicly support an initiative. 

SDSU Mission Valley is another story.  That information is pretty much all public anyway though. 

6 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Oh, it's Faaaar worse that THAT!  I'm  an actual resident of San Diego.  I live close enough to the stadium that I can watch the fireworks from my porch. When there's a flyover, they fly practically over my house.  I shop at Ralph's on Friars.  I fill my tank at Costco next to the stadium, I'm at Lowe's at least once a week. I frequent Sansai next to Food4less when I hanker for Japanese.   In short, THIS IS A LOCAL ISSUE FOR ME! I spend time in the valley almost daily.  What happens on that site will impact my life and my property value. Soccer City is IMO, by FAR the best option for the city and a damn good one for the university, given that the university isn't in the football business, isn't a "research" institution and is PUBLIC TAXPAYER SUBSIDIZED entity, charged with conferring BA/BS degrees AT A REASONABLE COST TO THE STUDENT.

SDSU has no goddamn business spending 1/2 Billion dollars to build a phucking football stadium, when they can have a more than adequate facility for $100 mil, which includes a 34K seat stadium, expandable to 40k and 5 acres of land  upon which to build whatever revenue generating development they wish.  They also have access to by EVEN more land at market rates. oh, and they can take over ownership of the stadium after 5 years if they wish.

SDSU won't be spending half a billion dollars to build a football stadium dipshit.  SoccerCity's stadium with SDSU on board is actually 32k "capacity" with 2500 of those being SRO.  It also cuts SDSU out of any revenue from the stadium except GameDay revenues.  No PSLs, not naming rights, etc...

But hey, the next time you post something accurate on this topic and not dribbled from Nick Stone's privates will be the first.

If this was truly about what's best for the city for you, you'd be voting no on both initiatives so the City can do a full Request for Proposal. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

:OT:I am surprised at UC San Diego and USD being so quiet. You'd think they would publicly pick a side with something this important to the city as a whole.    Not relevant to all the drama, but I found it interesting that two of the three partners at FS Investors are UCSD alums. 

UCSD's President has already gone on record saying that land should go to SDSU.  Let's face it.  Nobody gives a shit what USD thinks. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, k5james said:

UCSD's President has already gone on record saying that land should go to SDSU.  Let's face it.  Nobody gives a shit what USD thinks. 

Thanks for answering that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

What you said.

Attorney-client privilege? That's laughable. The CPRA exemption would be more in the realm of a deliberative process exemption: https://firstamendmentcoalition.org/public-records-2/cpra-primer/cpra-primer-exemptions/

But even assuming SDSU could withhold the information sought on that questionable basis, what's legal to do isn't necessarily what's smart to do and refusing to turn over this information is going to make the university an enemy among not just the U-T but probably all members of the media in town. This decision has a distinctly bad aroma.

Reread the UTs CPRA request the UT submitted...

"all consultants retained by SDSU to perform work/ services related to the SDSU West project, and the amounts paid to each — by month — since January 2017." 

Since SDSU cannot publicly support SDSU West you know damn well any discussion of SDSU West had an attorney involved. 

• Like 1