Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Utah - Nevada home and home (hoops)

5 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Dr. Hill, thank you very much. 

Sure. 

No offense intended, man. I just remember his name was "Hill".

He retired, right? No scandals prompting a hasty leave? Should have been at the end of a long career at UU.

So that leaves one game left for Nevada's OOC schedule to be known. However unless they slip a game in, right now it appears they will have four home games between November 6th and 19th; and then not have another home game until December 15th almost a month later. 

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Sure. 

No offense intended, man. I just remember his name was "Hill".

He retired, right? No scandals prompting a hasty leave? Should have been at the end of a long career at UU.

I'm being an idiot. Hill always insisted being called "DR". He was big into it. Poking fun at him is all. Carry on. I think it was just time for him to retire. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Best Buy 21st South in 20 minutes.  Be prepared for a bare-knuckled beat down.

If you can get into the store, stepping over the Best Buy bags of human waste from the vagrants hanging out at the train station there.

I got off the train there, accidentally, last time I was in SLC. It was not a particularly pretty part of town.

49 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Is Krysto safe in SLC? Or is he on the hotseat after a few mediocre seasons as of late?

The program was so down when he took over, that he gets a bit of a pass. He took the program to the sweet 16, which was expected back in the 90's, but was a big deal when he did it. With what he is being paid, I expect the Utes to regularly be making the NCAA tournament. The knock on them last year was the poor OOC schedule, and that certainly has been addressed, we will see how they perform against it.

I like Krystko, I would say he is a very good coach, but not elite like Majerus was in the day, but I don't think Utah is in a position to regularly attract elite guys ( there are only a few of them ), so he is probably as good as we can hope for. I put Whitt into the same category in football.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Guest #1Stunner

Larry Krystkowiak

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Montana Grizzlies (Big Sky Conference) (2004–2006)
2004–05 Montana 18–13 9–5 2nd NCAA First Round
2005–06 Montana 24–7 10–4 2nd NCAA Second Round
Montana: 42–20 (.677) 19–9 (.679)  
Utah Utes (Pac-12 Conference) (2011–present)
2011–12 Utah 6–25 3–15 11th  
2012–13 Utah 15–18 5–13 10th  
2013–14 Utah 21–12 9–9 T–8th NIT First Round
2014–15 Utah 26–9 13–5 T–2nd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2015–16 Utah 27–9 13–5 2nd NCAA Second Round
2016–17 Utah 20–12 11–7 4th NIT First Round
2017–18 Utah 23–12 11–7 T–3rd NIT Runner-Up
Utah: 137–97 (.585) 63–61 (.508)  
Total: 179–117 (.605)  

National champion         Postseason invitational champion  
      Conference regular season champion         Conference regular season and conference tournament champion
      Division regular season champion       Division regular season and conference tournament champion
      Conference tournament champion

49 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

So that leaves one game left for Nevada's OOC schedule to be known. However unless they slip a game in, right now it appears they will have four home games between November 6th and 19th; and then not have another home game until December 15th almost a month later. 

Nope schedule is completed UNLESS they somehow moved Cal Baptist off.

21 minutes ago, Thomas said:

If you can get into the store, stepping over the Best Buy bags of human waste from the vagrants hanging out at the train station there.

I got off the train there, accidentally, last time I was in SLC. It was not a particularly pretty part of town.

South Salt lake (the area where you were) is overrun by vagrants. Certain parts of downtown are also no bueno. I live downtown and went on a 15 minute walk and was asked 4 times for cash. Big homeless problem here. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

9 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

South Salt lake (the area where you were) is overrun by vagrants. Certain parts of downtown are also no bueno. I live downtown and went on a 15 minute walk and was asked 4 times for cash. Big homeless problem here. 

There’s a big homeless problem in every city. 

11 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Yeah, I was aware that the Downtown has had its issues for years, like most every city does, but that was like 3 stations south of the 'city' itself, or so I thought.

I guess Sandy will someday have a homeless problem, at this rate?

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

he pulled the program back from the dead, and had a sweet sixteen appearance 3 years ago, but the last 2 seasons have been meh.  He's had a lot of players transfer from the program which never helps.  He had thyroid cancer 2 years ago, so I think people have been willing to give him a pass.  He's had three first rounders drafter in 15, 16 and 17 and this years team is his highest recruited.  Utah has a new A.D. so I think he's safe this year and probably next, but if he doesn't make the NCAA's soon he'll be gone.

and he has been there for 6 years. and yet some of our UNLV 'fans' are ready to fire Menzies after 2, when he ALSO took over a dead program, amid some really bad drama.

anyway, good game for both teams' schedules. but MW conference play starts right about that time, any Nevada fans know what day your first conference game is? doesn't that pack play at the pit for their first game? I could be wrong, i just don't want to look it up, :P

21 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

and he has been there for 6 years. and yet some of our UNLV 'fans' are ready to fire Menzies after 2, when he ALSO took over a dead program, amid some really bad drama.

anyway, good game for both teams' schedules. but MW conference play starts right about that time, any Nevada fans know what day your first conference game is? doesn't that pack play at the pit for their first game? I could be wrong, i just don't want to look it up, :P

We host usu January 2 and then at unm January 5

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Larry Krystkowiak

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Montana Grizzlies (Big Sky Conference) (2004–2006)
2004–05 Montana 18–13 9–5 2nd NCAA First Round
2005–06 Montana 24–7 10–4 2nd NCAA Second Round
Montana: 42–20 (.677) 19–9 (.679)  
Utah Utes (Pac-12 Conference) (2011–present)
2011–12 Utah 6–25 3–15 11th  
2012–13 Utah 15–18 5–13 10th  
2013–14 Utah 21–12 9–9 T–8th NIT First Round
2014–15 Utah 26–9 13–5 T–2nd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2015–16 Utah 27–9 13–5 2nd NCAA Second Round
2016–17 Utah 20–12 11–7 4th NIT First Round
2017–18 Utah 23–12 11–7 T–3rd NIT Runner-Up
Utah: 137–97 (.585) 63–61 (.508)  
Total: 179–117 (.605)  

National champion         Postseason invitational champion  
      Conference regular season champion         Conference regular season and conference tournament champion
      Division regular season champion       Division regular season and conference tournament champion
      Conference tournament champion

TRIGGERED

5 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

Nope schedule is completed UNLESS they somehow moved Cal Baptist off.

Is there one that hasn't been announce dates? I am only counting 12 games. 5 home games, 4 neutral site games, 3 true road games